What's new

Africa surpasses India in wealth per person - Credit Suisse Wealth Report

congrats to India for finally catching up to Africa in GDP per capita. So is this measured in nominal dollar or PPP

GDP (PPP) per cap India = $3,900 (2012)
GDP (PPP) per cap Africa= $3030 (2011) [total= $3,129.467 Billion(2011) , Population=1.033 billion (2011)]

But GDP nominal per cap is higher in Africa.... Economic conditions in a country is based on GDP (PPP)..... So IMF,World bank etc now extensively using GDP PPP......

In this thread he is taken the house hold wealth( Only for bashing India)... India house hold welth= $3.6 tn... For better understanding read below article.... See what is that report actually saying...

India's household wealth rises 7.4% to $3.6 trn

According to the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report 2013, after North America and Europe India has witnessed the highest rise in household wealth.

India has seen rapid growth in wealth creation between mid-2012 to mid-2013 as the household wealth in the country has increased by 7.4% to $3.6 trillion during the period, says a report.

According to the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report 2013, after North America (11.9%) and Europe (7.7%) India has witnessed the highest rise in household wealth.

Globally, household wealth increased by 4.9% to over $240 trillion, Credit Suisse said adding that the US accounted for 72% of the increase.

Meanwhile, the average wealth per adult globally reached a new all time high of $51,600.

"As the world's largest democracy with a strong federal structure and vibrant markets, India has seen rapid growth in wealth since the year 2000," the report said.

Wealth per adult rose from $2,000 in 2000 to $4,700 in 2013, but the 35% rise in the adult population caused aggregate wealth to more than triple during the same period, it added.

The report further noted that along with most countries in the developing world, personal wealth in India is heavily skewed towards property and other real assets, which make up 86% of household assets.

However, while wealth has been rising strongly in India, and the ranks of the middle class and wealthy have been swelling, not everyone has shared in this growth and there is still a great deal of poverty.

According to the report, this is reflected in the fact that 94% of the adult population has wealth below $10,000.

At the other end of the scale, a very small proportion of the population (just 0.4%) has net worth over $100,000. However, due to India's large population, this translates into 2.8 million people.

Meanwhile, globally also inequality remains high, with the top 10% of the world population owning 86% of global wealth, compared to barely 1% for the bottom half of all adults.

As per the report, India's extreme wealth inequality and immense population mean that "India also has a significant number of members in the top wealth echelons".

India has 254,000 members of the top 1% of global wealth holders, Credit Suisse said.

A lots of reason China's economy can grow its because its neighbors that share the similar culture as China such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong invest a lot in China to make it grow. Seems like GD, SL or Pakistan would not be investing in India to make it grow any time soon. Any reason that Indian economy and manufacturing is not growing.

I'm not from China. But originally from Taiwan. And I hate bragging people. No one brags here more than Indians do. Even Indians here agree on that point.

Yeah,right,India need Pakistani & Bangladeshi investment to float the boat.Oh please,name a major MNC from these two nations,they doesnt even have money to invest in their,own country.
And the fact isthat no one here is as India obsessed as you.

Yeah,right,India need Pakistani & Bangladeshi investment to float the boat.Oh please,name a major MNC from these two nations,they doesnt even have money to invest in their,own country.

He doesn't know shyt yet obsesses with our country rather than his own which is behind Tonga and Botswana!

I am working hard in India to make it better.

I didn't run to another country to get my fill of opium like you. ;)

And I care for my country, not obsess with another one like you!

A country that doesn't give a damn to zombis like you.

Now it is your turn to return to China and make it better than Tonga and Botswana.

That @faithfulguy can't return to China, he was not accounted for in the Chinese one child policy. Though he claims to be an American also, and sometimes starts an argument with words like "We Americans"!! Acute identity crisis I must say!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That faithfulguy can't return to China, he was not accounted for in the Chinese one child policy. Though he claims to be an American also, and sometimes starts an argument with words like "We Americans"!! Acute identity crisis I must say!! :)

Opium has that effect on weak minds. ;)

These 50 cent trolls think they are very smart. They are the biggest fools in reality.

So you are in the RAAF, you are studying in a great school, and you are a millionaire in your 20's. So basically, no different from every other anonymous internet commentator. :rofl:

Where's that picture buddy? You seem to forget all of the proofs you want to show the world.... Show us your Indian palace.

+1

I am also waiting to see that great Indian Palace of that RAAF guy who studies in a great University that is a billionaire in his 20s :)

4haaoo.jpg

To recap , According to Credit Suisse Report 2013 :

Africa Wealth per adult is USD$4929 vs Indian wealth per adult is USD$4706

China is obviously in a different league at wealth per adult is USD$22,230

Well done for Africa. They have already surpassed India .:yahoo:

PS- Any complaints should be directed to the professionals at Credit Suisse.

I just like to debunk bragging and sometimes lying. That is not obsession with India. Unless Indians here brags and lies constantly.

I just like to debunk bragging and sometimes lying. That is not obsession with India. Unless Indians here brags and lies constantly.

Bragging?:lol:
You have a reputation for BS,claims...'like India & Pakistan at same level in Space','India cannot make steel for jet engines' and 'now India needs bangladeshi & Pakistani investment to Survive'..:omghaha:

Obsessed troll....:lol:

Bragging?:lol:
You have a reputation for BS,claims...'like India & Pakistan at same level in Space','India cannot make steel for jet engines' and 'now India needs bangladeshi & Pakistani investment to Survive'..:omghaha:

Obsessed troll....:lol:

Adding to the list is not reading comprehension. I never stated that India needs bangladeshi or Pak investment to survive. Read my post again.

Adding to the list is not reading comprehension. I never stated that India needs bangladeshi or Pak investment to survive. Read my post again.

Here is what you said " Seems like GD, SL or Pakistan would not be investing in India to make it grow any time soon.*"

And what about the rest?Space research at same level as .....:lol:

Here is what you said " Seems like GD, SL or Pakistan would not be investing in India to make it grow any time soon.*"

And what about the rest?Space research at same level as .....:lol:

Eating all those dog testicles and urine soaked eggs seems to have some serious negative effects. :sick:

India needs to collect all its stray dogs, lizards, cockroaches, rats and pigs and export them to china. They get to eat what they love and we get rid of these pests too. its a win win situation.

Indian wealth per adult is USD$4706

PS- Any complaints should be directed to the professionals at Credit Suisse.[/QUOTE]

Indian houshold are estimated to hold $ 1 Trillion worth of gold. That's $ 1000 per capita, alone.

That said, Africa is a continent rich in mineral resources (and way too larger than India, in any case), but only 80% of the population of India.

so, leave alone India, Africa will be richer than prc as well if you count just gold and oil in Africa.

PS- as for complaining, lets leave it to Prcians. they are experts at it. nobody cares, that's another thing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom