What's new

AFM News for October

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
News related to our area:
1. Czech Mi-17s and Mi-24s almost ready for delivery to Afghanistan. Russia has given permission to transfer 6 each of the helicopters to the AAF. Czech will also like to train the pilots for these helicopters. funding provided by NATO participating nations.
2. Airlift Rodeo. Air Mobility command hosted its bi-ennial airlift rodeo competition on july 22-27 at McChord AFB, Washington. this years event was billed as the largest ever.Netherlands and UAE participated for the 1st time. others returning to the rodeo were Belgium, Brazil, Pakistan, S/Arabia, S/Korea and Turkey.
Competition events cover a wide range of disciplines associated with military airlift on the ground and in the air.(airdrop/aerial refuelling and spot landing)(aircraft on/off loading, aeromedical evac, maintenance and security enforcement)
Germany won the international competition. USAF won the airdrop and refuelling competitions.
3. Iran's Azarakhsh unveiled. Irans indigenously developed jet fighter performed at a flypast in Isfahan on Aug-8, clearly based on the US Northop F-5. major difference is the placement of the wingroot.(midset rather than bottom)
3. IAF fighter RFP has been issued for the US$ 10.2B procurement of 126 MMRCAs. RFP issued to 6 vendors, Boeing F/A-18E/F, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, LM F-16, RAC MiG-35 and Saab Gripen JAS39. proposals are to be submitted by march-08. the first 18 a/c are required to be delivered by 2012.
4. HAL flies 2 new Dhruv Variants. 2 new variants of the HAL Dhruv ALH showcased a weaponised ALH for the indian Navy and a Army ALH with a more powerful shakti engine, undertook their maiden flights on Aug-16.

with due respect my question is not relevant to the topic but its keep bothering me therefore i want to ask
why didnt pak opt for j11b instead j10 as j11b radar and performance is better than j10...
anyone plzz

with due respect my question is not relevant to the topic but its keep bothering me therefore i want to ask
why didnt pak opt for j11b instead j10 as j11b radar and performance is better than j10...
anyone plzz

This is because the J-11 is the licence version of the Su27 which is an airsuperority fighter whereas the J-10 is a multirole fighter jet and an indigeous one too. J-11 were meant to fulfill the need for PLAAF. To export them to a third nation china will need approval from the russians. Also PAF on the other hand cannot afford fighter jets with limited capability means to say different aircrafts for different role, we prefer multirole fighter jets.

This is because the J-11 is the licence version of the Su27 which is an airsuperority fighter whereas the J-10 is a multirole fighter jet and an indigeous one too. J-11 were meant to fulfill the need for PLAAF. To export them to a third nation china will need approval from the russians. Also PAF on the other hand cannot afford fighter jets with limited capability means to say different aircrafts for different role, we prefer multirole fighter jets.

They are busy on a multi-role... And if the J10 was designed for air2air then why would they add **** boms on flying examples? To be simple. It is a delta which are super for heavy ordnance. They are busy in evaluating air2air and will move on towards air2ground.

Back
Top Bottom