What's new

Afia Siddiqui sentenced to 86 years

Zaid started his own manufactured tirade against Hindus and the interviewers face just changed when she heard him.

Dr Aafia's own sister got angry and rebuked what he was saying, there is no need for implying or insinuating nonsense to affect public opinion.

She hails from an educated family, her father was a neurologist and her sister too is harvard educated.

Yaar someone please kick the as* of Pakistani media, every other channel is saying the same crap of daughter of Pakistan and sister of Pakistan BS. Can't spare this title for someone else who really deserves it. A US citizen with Pakistani origin and she is daughter of Pakistan. What the hell. Pakistani media I am sorry to say is totally BS specially in this case.
:angry:

Just heard on news beat Dr Afia Siddique has a Pakistani passport? is it true?

Watch at 12:20.

Last edited by a moderator:
she is brilliant lady as mentioned but truth is that pak cant dare to talk abt her.bcoz they need u.s

Wonder what the family thinks of her marriage to KSM...

Zaid Hamid can make an awesome hollywood movie....Trust me...He got talent...

No I am talking about the senator's comments, where he claimed Afia was a Pakistani national and Pakistani passport holder.

Did she surrender her US citizenship after moving to Pakistan?

If true this is going to be the PR disaster for americans, as far as pakistani peoples on street r concerend, and it will be a recruting bonanza for all jihadi organisations. :tdown:

well easiest way to get rid of terrorist sympathizers are who ever comes out to protest the sentence of a terrorist should be shoot .

The Verdict of Dr Afia and Our Reaction

Right now the media is voicing its vociferous opposition to the sentence handed to Dr. Afia Siddiqui. The entire case, even before the verdict was announced, had become an overly emotional episode for the Pakistanis. The media has been whipping a lot of frenzy for a considerable period of time. This case overshadows even horrendous acts of terrorism in terms of the condemnation generated.

I will not debate the technical aspects of the case as frankly the court which gave the verdict was better equipped to weigh and decide. We often have the tendency to become “experts” while having flimsy evidence. During the past two years particularly when the case was being fought in US, Ms Afia’s was simply assumed to be a victim of some grand conspiracy and this presumption was propagated everywhere on the media. The hue and cry which the media constantly whipped and is continuing to whip often rode on nothing concrete in terms of evidence. All the time, Miss Afia was simply assumed as a victim of a grand conspiracy of the United States and nothing else.

Having followed the case over the past two years, I do acknowledge that the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and subsequent reappearance are suspicious. These circumstances do pose several questions particularly on the ways of our intelligence networks. However to spin stories that the entire case was fabricated by the US to punish Miss Afia is frankly stretching things too much.

It has often defied my cognitive faculties that what possible “benefit” can US get by building a totally fabricated case against her. If anything the US government was aware of the possible backlash the guilty verdict would have caused. And the backlash is there and increasing with every moment.

All the right wing elements in Pakistan are again having a field day. Once again our attention is completely captured by this incidence and our anger is not because of “unfairness” of the verdict but in reality is underpinned by our hatred of USA. It is not because an “innocent” woman has been penalised.

These voices are completely silent when far sinister things happen to our own women in Pakistan. For those who are really passionate about “inhuman” treatment to the daughter of the nation, let me remind them that our country has draconian laws like Hadood ordinance against women. Let me remind them that there are many women languishing in Pakistani jails and in far more inhuman state. I find their silence hypocritical and shameless on those issues. In fact the right wing religious conservatives in our country who are most vocal against Afia verdict right now are the ones who oppose revocation of draconian laws like Hadood.

But then we have developed this mindset where we get more angry not on the severity of the incidence but on whether it has some direct or indirect linkage with US and the West. 

We continue to have this misplaced anger and consequently end up damaging ourselves. Afia’s case was not construed as a case of a woman wrongly accused but as a conspiracy of USA to defame Muslims and hence the overboard reaction. It is this mindset which needs to be changed.

The Verdict of Dr Afia and Our Reaction Pak Tea House

^^^^

some very valid points; especially the one on the Hudood Ordinance, which is one of the stupidest and most logic-devoid ''bills'' introduced in Pakistan since its birth as a nation

The Verdict of Dr Afia and Our*Reaction
All the right wing elements in Pakistan are again having a field day. Once again our attention is completely captured by this incidence and our anger is not because of “unfairness” of the verdict but in reality is underpinned by our hatred of USA. It is not because an “innocent” woman has been penalised.

True that people are more angry that the verdict is given by "devil" USA. They are not bothered about the fairness of the trial. Punishment is indeed harsh but she doesn't seem to be innocent because of her connections with Al-Qaeda. Our media, instead of highlighting her mysterious activities, is feeding extremists. Right wing parties obviously are having a field day with this verdict. They will get more people on their side now. On one hand we are fighting extremism in our society and on the other hand our media is giving them full opportunity to forward their agenda.

Last edited:
Thats what i call **** of GOVP and High officals of our state (previous govt and this too)

US killing 10000 of innocent everyday in Pakistan since last week more thn 50 people died because of useless drone attack (even admitted by US commands)

We do nothing and nothing!!!

and a person with 1000 of (so called murder claims etc without any evidence) US court so called (JUSTICE) sentenced to 86 years ????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom