What's new

Afghans clamoring for more Turkish TV

I am with you but the Industry Provides Employment to many & contributes to Indian Soft power

Dude, what i meant was produce quality soap operas, enough of this saas bahu and betiyaan. Other then that totally agree with you on soft power and employment.

Dude, what i meant was produce quality soap operas, enough of this saas bahu and betiyaan. Other then that totally agree with you on soft power and employment.

no offence to women... but such soaps are sh*t everywhere... indian or turkish or pakistani...... some are slightly better than other

yeah.. any turk who can recommend a turkish movie... @<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145090" target="_blank">Sinan</a></u>

Fetih 1453

Kurtlar Vadisi Kuzey Irak

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey is one of most secular Islamic country, I think it reflects in their TV too. It will benefit the Afghans.

It is so heart warming to read - who knows perhaps bollywood's suffocating clasp will finally be undone.

The Turkish language is very similar to Urdu the underlying vocabulary is the same: cati (chat) , duvar (deevar) , dost, dusman, dikkat, cunku (chunke) [roughly 5000 words in common], .... Even the figures of speech (kactilar -- eloped) is identical.

I hope a resurgent Turkey will set up cultural centers in Pakistan where Pakistanis can study the Turkish Language and our shared Culture.

I think our parent's generation had it right RCD - hopefully events such as the Iranian revolution, Pakistan's problems are just temporary interruptions.

Pakistanda dogdum Turkeyeda yasadigim

Aaaa not to disagree with my Turkish Brother but if there is one Turkish movie you must watch you should see Dünyay&#305; Kurtaran Adam - this is Monty Python and Star wars all in one - Turkish style of course lol!

Hurray after Pakistan now Turkish dramas also conquering Afghan viewers .

Pakistani shows didnt conquer afghans. Their dozens of channels were showing indian soaps. The fact is bollywood and their stars are as much popular in afghanistan as they are in pakistan.

Pakistani shows didnt conquer afghans. Their dozens of channels were showing indian soaps. The fact is bollywood and their stars are as much popular in afghanistan as they are in pakistan.

:what: and from where Pakistan came into this ?

read again I said Hurray after Pakistan, now Turkish dramas are also conquering Afghan viewers.

its about TURKISH DRAMAS conquering both the sides.

anyway use your head positively you may know the difference what others are saying

Our secret weapon to conquer the muslim world is working.
I love it when a plan comes true:smokin:

I knew it, all those Turkish tv series are the means of Zionists, devils, Lucifer and sinister creatures to dominate Islamic world! :lol:
It's Erdogan's master plan!

The Turkish language is very similar to Urdu the underlying vocabulary is the same: cati (chat) , duvar (deevar) , dost, dusman, dikkat, cunku (chunke) [roughly 5000 words in common], .... Even the figures of speech (kactilar -- eloped) is identical.

4 out of 6 words you wrote originally entered both Urdu and Turkish from Persian language.

4 out of 6 words you wrote originally entered both Urdu and Turkish from Persian language.

Yes I agree with you -- Persian is most similar -- Turkish next. Well at least to formal Urdu -- Colloquial dialects of Urdu are different matters I guess -- but again Lahore was a city of Persian Poets (not sure about the historical accuracy of that statement but that is the version of history in Lahori drawing rooms).

Our parents generation had a very decent working knowledge of Farsi -- though is more like: koja meereed as opposed to koja meeree -- I guess their version of Farsi would be very distressful to modern Persian ears lol

A case in point is the Pakistani National Anthem - I think Farsi speakers would have an easier time understanding it than most of Pakistani people -- lol

yeah.. any turk who can recommend a turkish movie... @Sinan

Bir zamanlar Anadolu'da (2011) - IMDb (One Upon A Time In Anatolia).....Nuri Ceylan has found the place in my all time favourite directors list. This is a brilliant movie, great cinematography and that one scene in which the mayors daughter serves tea to the guests worths more than the whole bollywood/lollywood crap.

thank God.i am so happy the era of indian soaps is over in Pakistan

They are way too much religious.Even though india being secular.but there drama's are 50% about there religion.

Back
Top Bottom