What's new

Afghanistan in focus as Indian President visits Turkey

Exactly, Your forefathers were force converted, women been raped and muslim babies were born. Looted,mass murdered.

Nope we trace back our conversion to Islam way before Aurangzeb, so your fore fathers actually served as virtual slaves to mine and I am sure there were other benefits they reaped from being aristocratic overloads over your people (hint: all that rape and murder stories imbedded in your collective memories) :)

Nope we trace back our conversion to Islam way before Aurangzeb, so your fore fathers actually served as virtual slaves to mine and I am sure there were other benefits they reaped from being aristocratic overloads over your people (hint: all that rape and murder stories imbedded in your collective memories) :)

Ok , may be Muhammad bin qasim's attack on sindh , Or whoever converted you. Being virtual slaves?? :blah: I can only say that Marathas ruled parts of Pakistan, None of pakistani born ever ruled marathas. Enough said.

Can you explain how Turkey has been biased towards Pakistan in the context of India-Pakistan relation? Remember their bilateral relation is non of our business as long as it does not affect us.

True it it's none of India's concern, you may check it why Turkey is content with just workable relations with India

How can you compare Aghanistan to Syria?
Could you explain?

I am simply saying that with your current PM, it is very confusing to understand what the current stand is vis a vis the extreme ****** types.

On one hand, Turkey has always been a forefront fighter against terrorism and on the other hand this FSA support is going on.

Of course, there might be political interests, but don't you as a common Turkish citizen think what will happen if these savages come to power? I mean you guys directly border them.

The FSA has shown the same traits as Talibunnies.

Hence I find it confusing.

While the Turkish soldiers have a good reputation (non-combat rule) in Afghanistan, especially in Kabul where they are positioned, i'm kinda worried they might become targets for terrorists who want to kick out all foreigners, now and in the future after the Americans left. Still I wish the best for the Afghan population and may there be stability and prosperity in the future.

You're the only NATO country that Afghans trust completely.

Just keep your embassy under strong protection though. Talibunnies have a way of criss-crossing borders, attacking non-combatants like cowards and run back to their patron country.

I am simply saying that with your current PM, it is very confusing to understand what the current stand is vis a vis the extreme ****** types.

On one hand, Turkey has always been a forefront fighter against terrorism and on the other hand this FSA support is going on.

Of course, there might be political interests, but don't you as a common Turkish citizen think what will happen if these savages come to power? I mean you guys directly border them.

The FSA has shown the same traits as Talibunnies.

Hence I find it confusing.

You're the only NATO country that Afghans trust completely.

Just keep your embassy under strong protection though. Talibunnies have a way of criss-crossing borders, attacking non-combatants like cowards and run back to their patron country.
There is a big difference between FSA and the Bunnies.
Al-Nusra,Al-caida or whatever the names of the idiots are,cannot ever rule Syria.
FSA consists of many groups where the majority is moderate,more then 95%.
You think they are just going to sit by and let the radicals rule over Syria?
Like in politics you use tools to get what you want,those radicals(battle hardened fighters) are only used to get rid of Assad.
You cant compare Syria(84% literacy rate) to Afghanistan(28% literacy rate),not logical.

Well, good luck with that. I love Turkey, but the Turks have very little say in what happens to Afghanistan after the pullout, so India shouldn't hold it's breath.

Even after Pakistan (a nation that Indians insist control the taliban) tried to force the taliban to the negotiating table, the talks failed. What are the Indians looking to do? Where are they pinning their bets?

If anything, I think India should assume the worst and go from there. They shouldn't try and salvage an unsalvageable situation.

we're betting on "Never Back Down" attitude.see,even Pakistan tries to compromise with TTP,who are killing civilians everyday.there is no way one can find peace with these extremists.there is one and only one way.War with them.war with them until they get destroyed.thats what we're doing in Kashmir for 25 years now,and you know the result.just like SL forces fought against LTTE.one can't solve this problem within weeks.but if you bow in front of them,you'll loose your country.

we're betting on "Never Back Down" attitude.see,even Pakistan tries to compromise with TTP,who are killing civilians everyday.there is no way one can find peace with these extremists.there is one and only one way.War with them.war with them until they get destroyed.thats what we're doing in Kashmir for 25 years now,and you know the result.just like SL forces fought against LTTE.one can't solve this problem within weeks.but if you bow in front of them,you'll loose your country.

You don't seriously believe this, do you? Also, you examples suck. India occupied Kashmir is STILL facing an insurgency, LTTE was destroyed only because the military overlooked civilian casualties.

Negotiating isn't bowing down to them, it's trying to bring an end to hostilities. Military actions are required to put you in a position of power in any political action, negotiations are needed to force the militants to lay down their arms and surrender without shedding more blood.

You don't seriously believe this, do you? Also, you examples suck. India occupied Kashmir is STILL facing an insurgency, LTTE was destroyed only because the military overlooked civilian casualties.

Negotiating isn't bowing down to them, it's trying to bring an end to hostilities. Military actions are required to put you in a position of power in any political action, negotiations are needed to force the militants to lay down their arms and surrender without shedding more blood.

actually I seriously believe this..1990's Afghan Govt and 2013's Afghan Govt is vastly different.nobody cared about Afghanistan then.but if really Talib scums able to capture Afghanistan this time,then their hand is seriously extended a lot..abot kashmir Insurgency,we wiped out Homegrown insurgency.most of the terrorists are now from other side of the border,even from different countries,most probably mercenaries.if we've means to use drones like USA,they'd be wiped out too..we can't stop funding or recruitment on the other side of the border,we can only kill them during crossing the fence or on our ground.LTTE got destroyed cause they didn't had any safe havens in neighbouring country(India is far far away).

Negotiations aren't exactly bowing down,but not Kicking their arse is.How many civilians they killed??and at what extent they were chase by PA???hope you know the answer.we too sometimes have to discuss peace terms.and sometimes we're largely successful in that.but they're most of the times rebels,fighting for autonomy and sort.you can't find a peace through Peace process with an element who're dictating the peace process.Talibans are one.

Hımm, this is not always the case. I don't know if you know this but we are fighting with PKK terrorists almost for 30 years....

Their current number is 5000.... in 30 years we have killed 25.000 PKK terrorists. So it seems like we have destroyed PKK for 5 times, but they keep replacing their casualties. You have to be smarter than that. You should not only attack the terrorists but attack to their ideology that keeps them fighting. And this is the exact thing which is happening in Turkey right now.

actually I seriously believe this..1990's Afghan Govt and 2013's Afghan Govt is vastly different.nobody cared about Afghanistan then.but if really Talib scums able to capture Afghanistan this time,then their hand is seriously extended a lot..abot kashmir Insurgency,we wiped out Homegrown insurgency.most of the terrorists are now from other side of the border,even from different countries,most probably mercenaries.if we've means to use drones like USA,they'd be wiped out too..we can't stop funding or recruitment on the other side of the border,we can only kill them during crossing the fence or on our ground.LTTE got destroyed cause they didn't had any safe havens in neighbouring country(India is far far away).

Negotiations aren't exactly bowing down,but not Kicking their arse is.How many civilians they killed??and at what extent they were chase by PA???hope you know the answer.we too sometimes have to discuss peace terms.and sometimes we're largely successful in that.but they're most of the times rebels,fighting for autonomy and sort.you can't find a peace through Peace process with an element who're dictating the peace process.Talibans are one.

Okaay, if you wanna believe this...

I seriously disagree, but I don't feel like arguing, so whatever. I'll just point out the parts by highlighting where I disagree from your assessment.

Hımm, this is not always the case. I don't know if you know this but we are fighting with PKK terrorists almost for 30 years....

Their current number is 5000.... in 30 years we have killed 25.000 PKK terrorists. So it seems like we have destroyed PKK for 5 times, but they keep replacing their casualties. You have to be smarter than that. You should not only attack the terrorists but attack to their ideology that keeps them fighting. And this is the exact thing which is happening in Turkey right now.

Exactly bro..India is fighting some menace for decades..but main objective is eroding their core..just like ULFA terrorists,which had a strong base in Assam,they got forgotten in Assam itself and taking its last breadth.same goes for indigenous Kashmiri Terrorism.but its get revived only if it gets needed supply and manpower from neighbouring country or have a strong base.but the idea is to destroy the terrorism and not to bow in front of it,don't you agree??

Exactly bro..India is fighting some menace for decades..but main objective is eroding their core..just like ULFA terrorists,which had a strong base in Assam,they got forgotten in Assam itself and taking its last breadth.same goes for indigenous Kashmiri Terrorism.but its get revived only if it gets needed supply and manpower from neighbouring country or have a strong base.but the idea is to destroy the terrorism and not to bow in front of it,don't you agree??

Yeap, never bow , never compramise. Keep on fighting. While fighting also, you have to cut of their support from the people who are supporting them. Make the peoples opinion bad about the organization. Make them believe if the terrorist are gone the area would be devolepe, arise of the work opportunities, investments, raise of social service, etc...

Yeap, never bow , never compramise. Keep on fighting. While fighting also, you have to cut of their support from the people who are supporting them. Make the peoples opinion bad about the organization. Make them believe if the terrorist are gone the area would be devolepe, arise of the work opportunities, investments, raise of social service, etc...

You're drawing an implied comparison between the PKK Situation & the Kashmir Situation; unless the Turkish Army has been raping Kurdish women, abusing young & old Kurds alike through every measure possible & has forced them to the point where the Turkish Cypriots were - Then there is no comparison !

Why bring Kashmir into this?
Thats a different situation,not comparable.

Back
Top Bottom