What's new

Afghanistan in focus as Indian President visits Turkey

Turkey has been biased towards Pakistan since decades and a presidential visit can not change that equation though Afghanistan issue can be meeting ground for both countries to an extent

And since when do we care what Pakistan thinks? Political correctness is breathing its last as you know it in Indian polity.

actually,India doesn't want to make much hype about Indian weapons.they will supply some weapons as they can.but remember,our aim is to strengthen AF,not making a direct alteration with Pakistan.its not Indian politics,but it is a right step.Afghan President came here with a long list of weapons and gave details to the reporters.we were in Damage control mode them.the reason was India do supply them weapons,but under the hood,just like mayanmar.we don't want to create much hype.

[Bregs];4832755 said:
Turkey has been biased towards Pakistan since decades and a presidential visit can not change that equation though Afghanistan issue can be meeting ground for both countries to an extent

Turkey doesn't support Taliban.thats all matters here.they're part of ISAF and will have quite some large number of soldiers after 2014 in Af,who will provide them training.this is a very important step.

I don't know.

While Turks are sane and reasonable people, their current PM Erdogan is supporting FSA like dangerous groups against rational leaders like Assad.

Now that is not something we will want to see in AFGHANISTAN. There should be some other way to engage Turkey.
How can you compare Aghanistan to Syria?
Could you explain?

While the Turkish soldiers have a good reputation (non-combat rule) in Afghanistan, especially in Kabul where they are positioned, i'm kinda worried they might become targets for terrorists who want to kick out all foreigners, now and in the future after the Americans left. Still I wish the best for the Afghan population and may there be stability and prosperity in the future.

We train Afghan Soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, good luck with that. I love Turkey, but the Turks have very little say in what happens to Afghanistan after the pullout, so India shouldn't hold it's breath.

Even after Pakistan (a nation that Indians insist control the taliban) tried to force the taliban to the negotiating table, the talks failed. What are the Indians looking to do? Where are they pinning their bets?

If anything, I think India should assume the worst and go from there. They shouldn't try and salvage an unsalvageable situation.

[Bregs];4832755 said:

Can you explain how Turkey has been biased towards Pakistan in the context of India-Pakistan relation? Remember their bilateral relation is non of our business as long as it does not affect us.

Of course Aurangzeb the Great turned most of the sub continent into Pakistan. So yeah you are right.
Exactly, Your forefathers were force converted, women been raped and muslim babies were born. Looted,mass murdered.

Darpok India nay kya focus karna hai jab Afghanistan ki maddad karnay say inkaar kar chuka hai?

Earlier in the year, Afghan President Hamid Karzai visited India, requested for heavy military weaponry and offered to station Indian troops on Afghan soil.

Lekin, Indian hakumat aur fauj ko jab Pakistan ka khyal aya, India ki fawran saance bandh ho gi.

As result, poor Afghan President Hamid Karzai was sent back empty handed.

Since then, the United States has decided to slowly hand over Afghanistan to Pakistan once again to baby sit in the coming years.

Poor India, running around the world like a headless chicken singing "Pakistan Pakistan", "Pakistan Pakistan". India's is simply going to get what's coming for it.

Back
Top Bottom