What's new

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India

Well during Past couple of years People had a good deal of despise but now i rarely come across such aggression directed towards Afghani's as People are more concerned about their Problems plus many Afghani's have already left for their country though a sizeable amount still remains...

Oh you're just saying that because you had your heart set on one...didn't you ? :azn:

Phir hum nakaaam aashiqooon ki list mein aa kar aaap kaisaaa mehsoos kar raheiii haiiin ? :unsure:

Oh you're just saying that because you had your heart set on one...didn't you ? :azn:

Phir hum nakaaam aashiqooon ki list mein aa kar aaap kaisaaa mehsoos kar raheiii haiiin ? :unsure:

Nope buddy i am stating the obvious...plus what are talking about ended more than 3 years back so its gone for good...:agree:

The only Muslim nation worth India's friendship :cheers:
India doesn't consider Indonesia worthy to be friends? Or Turkey?

With the exception of India, Ethiopia, China and Russia, the majority of the population in the following countries are Muslim.

The only Muslim nation worth India's friendship :cheers:

Really??:disagree:

Aee89Ty.jpg

Gunship_Mil_Mi-35_Hind_Akbar_Indian_Air_Force1.jpg

stocking weapons for backstabbing, It is clear knowledge that india has used Afghanistan as a backyard. now we will have to build up military on both sides of the border
dnt worry .. india . apnay su-30 bhi afghan ko day dy lakin taliban afghan gov ko gira dy gy . lolz wo nato aur us ko takar daitay rahay .. indians kia chiz ha .. :D ..

ma chata hun india ziyada say ziyada weapons day cheap price pay afghangov ko .. q k jab taliban takeover karay gy to sb say ziyada dukh india ko hona ha :D

India has no intention whatsoever of putting boots on the ground, or getting directly involved in afghanistan, as many pakistanis here seem to think. Training their officers in our institutes, and perhaps supplying weapon systems (unlikely, IMO) is as far as we are going to do.

As for picking sides, well there India has picked a side, and it is not the talibs. That is for sure. We will provide the ANA with world class counter insurgency lessons, with which we have ample experience (we have also fought afghan mujahideens at our doorstep in Kashmir, when ISI funnelled them there after the soviet war). Hopefully, with the training that the green berets and India's military schools provide them, they would be able to keep the talibs away for a long time.

If it turns out that they can't, and the talibs come to power again, it doesn't really matter as far as Indian interests are concerned directly - we won't regret having picked the losing side, because the talibs cannot come wage war with India anyway; the border is as far as they will get. It is not for nothing that we have the world's largest or so army - if we are prepared to take on China and pakistan, a few talibs far away from our border are no threat to us.

So "picking the wrong side" is not really a concern for us; we have already done so. That doesn't mean that we will go fight there, should civil war ensue.

Lol war starts with one side provide equipment and training military officer by another country.

Look at what US do to Israel, did we put opts on the ground for Israel? No. We simply armed them and train them. See how far we go with other Arab country?

Look here, I am not saying India should not be making friend or whatever, nor I am holding a grudge or bad vibe to Afghanistan or its army. I am simply telling you what I know and what I feel

What I know is this, ANA + ANP (actually ANP is kore important organisation for Afghanistan to be stable) is a competent force, I know this as I train them myself. However, I also know one fact and that is ANA and ANP may be enough to tackle a few province in Afghanistan but certainly not enough for the whole Afghanistan. ( I double they are even enough for the trouble in Helmand alone)

That is not the worse point tho, what worse is local afghani don't really trust the Karzai government, they see them as a puppet to the American

US indeed rebuild everything in Afghanistan in that 13 years, the only thing they did not rebuild is their military and police. Afghanistan still largely relied on militia force and NATO force to hold them together

I am not pro whom and against whom, I have no interest on the Middle East politic, this is simply what I saw and what I think. Take it or not is up to any individual

Actually you dont know nothing about the Afghanistan and Afghanis.You are right America spend a lot of money and military power ,so they are successfully ousted taliban.But more than that there is another factors like cultural, historical, people to people contact.Our Afghan friends love Indian films ,music etc .When US invade Afghanistan and until now they have only one mission ,FIGHTING.But India's contribution is more than that .There medical mission ,infrastructure etc helped the afghanis
.Afghan education sector is also remarkably improved by Indians.This is a positive fact.And ANA will trained by Indian Army military officers Indian Army has one of the best counterinsurgency in the world.So ANA can fight them easily. Like many said we dont think US will completely leave from Afghanistan may be their regular trops will go from there.But US special forces and their private contracters will remain there like in iraq.So we Indians can again help our friends for reconstruction of their country.

Lol I don't know nothing about Afghanistan and afghani...I was an intelligence officer with the US army and deployed in Afghanistan, this is my job to blend in with the afghani and talk to them lol.

I don't see how valid your point is,war fought not by culturally invade another country, nor does it matter wholly

Indeed USSF will probably stayed but would that be enough for them staying?

Anti insurgency largely involve human intel, it's matter of how many people you talk to, how much information you can vet, and finally how much trust your source put in you to tell you the truth

It does not matter if ANA is train by the CIA, let alone IA. They don't have enought people and network to source intel and they were not trusted enough by local populace to tell the truth, no amount of the training from anywhere can change that

Again I am saying we been over there for a very long time, situation is still more or less the same. If NATO and US have developed a serious local afghanistan fighting force, the situation maybe different. But today, on the eve of withdrawal, instability persist. That alone is saying something.

If you want trouble just because someone is liking Bollywood film and music, then man, India have some sort of strange foreign policy

Is there a 'right horse' in this race at all ?

Yeah, the American

Last edited:
Yeah, the American

Oh come on ! :lol:

Besides I meant from amongst the Afghans !

On a separate note, how much do you think the following criticism is true :

The current Afghan Establishment (Military & Government) is more or less the Northern Alliance with a make-over ?

P.S Why didn't you answer my question on the 'Combat Formations' thread ? :cray:

India is the world's biggest defence importer. What does it have to offer to any country ? O wait, some Tata trucks to a fellow yindoo country like Nepal. lol

Oh come on ! :lol:

Besides I meant from amongst the Afghans !

On a separate note, how much do you think the following criticism is true :

The current Afghan Establishment (Military & Government) is more or less the Northern Alliance with a make-over ?

P.S Why didn't you answer my question on the 'Combat Formations' thread ? :cray:

I am going to answer your question when I get home to day in about 4 hours time, after I finish the job up here.. I need desktop to answer an extensive question like that

The current government is simply and extension of the provincial government and yes, the ANA is just an increase number of northern alliance fighter

I am going to answer your question when I get home to day in about 4 hours time, after I finish the job up here.. I need desktop to answer an extensive question like that

The current government is simply and extension of the provincial government and yes, the ANA is just an increase number of northern alliance fighter

Alright, thanks I'd appreciate it ! :)

Dude is everything alright ? Did I say something wrong ? The way I remember these conversations they weren't half as formal & completely devoid of humour or even an emoticon or two, as they are now ?

Last I remember, the USSR equipped Afghanistan with two division strength worth of armour and a modern air force and if my memory favours me, most of that equipment was in the hand of regional warlords within half a decade and was being used for small genocides on a weekly basis. The wish-list is easy to satisfy as it asks for military equipment that is obsolete by contemporary standards and India should be able to part with their T-72 and Hinds quite easily in the face of their T-90 and Apache acquisitions. But the question remains, can they deal with the bad press when the equipment will be used by one warlord to massacre the populace of the other? And how will India deal with Iran's concerns on the matter as they are regional stake holders on solid terms with India.

Food for thought.

Aye, goes back to what I've been saying for a while now.
This method of propping up a government is tried and tested, verdict: unsustainable.

It's like, when you know your days are numbered, you attempt to postpone the inevitable.

Lol war starts with one side provide equipment and training military officer by another country.

Look at what US do to Israel, did we put opts on the ground for Israel? No. We simply armed them and train them. See how far we go with other Arab country?

Look here, I am not saying India should not be making friend or whatever, nor I am holding a grudge or bad vibe to Afghanistan or its army. I am simply telling you what I know and what I feel

What I know is this, ANA + ANP (actually ANP is kore important organisation for Afghanistan to be stable) is a competent force, I know this as I train them myself. However, I also know one fact and that is ANA and ANP may be enough to tackle a few province in Afghanistan but certainly not enough for the whole Afghanistan. ( I double they are even enough for the trouble in Helmand alone)

That is not the worse point tho, what worse is local afghani don't really trust the Karzai government, they see them as a puppet to the American

US indeed rebuild everything in Afghanistan in that 13 years, the only thing they did not rebuild is their military and police. Afghanistan still largely relied on militia force and NATO force to hold them together

I am not pro whom and against whom, I have no interest on the Middle East politic, this is simply what I saw and what I think. Take it or not is up to any individual

Agreed, if you ask me, I think you folks have tasked yourselves up for an impossible task right from the get go.

Good call on the importance of the Afghan police though, most folks don't realise, those guys are on the front line, in some respects more so than the ANA itself. We should know, our police has taken on the TTP here, often due to their lack of training, equipment and co-ordination with each other and other forces, they end up taking huge casualties.

Last edited:
A lot of points that I disagree with, I'll reply soon - need to get something done.

Take your time, no rush.

One thing though - the USA's mission WRT al qaeda was to eliminate its capability to strike the US ever again. Which they did.

That's true. But I feel that is more of an achievement gained through internal goals. Homeland security, CIA's focus on internal threats too.

But do note that Al Qaeda while it may not have been able to mount a 9/11 like attack, irrelevant of what was to happen in Afghanistan after 9/11. I think the same would also be true, much of it you see right before you, walk in to a major airport, you will be screened thoroughly. Couple that with the intel effort to take on any leads on suspects and you have much of the what we perceived as being achieved from the war at large.

My point being, the invasion of Afghanistan and taking on the taliban did not lead to this goal being achieved.

9/11 has not happened again,

No but, what did happen was that Al Qaeda which is a vermin organization spread itself in the Muslim world, as many saw their cause as valid.

My outlook on the war from the get go was that the US lost it before it began. It was decisions they made in anger and not their better judgement. But then again, if I cast my mind back, I don;t see any way around the desire for revenge.

So, while there was no 9/11.

There were countless other attacks made by Al Qaeda, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Western Europe, Pakistan and so on. Also many foiled attempts by people linked to Al Qaeda, which is a success based on internal measures, not the war.

and the al qaeda network is impotent today, all their leaders were killed.

I disagree with this notion that Al Qaeda are defeated. I think Osama died a happy man, he wanted all this to happen, ever heard what he has to say about his reasoning and his drive to do what he did.

He wanted war, a war in which he could make his enemy look like the enemy of Islam, where he could spread his extremely remote, fringe ideology.

And he did it. Al Qaeda today is everywhere. Most recently, they showed up in Syria. But they've been around in Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq and in small numbers elsewhere.

Adding to that, this group that no-one had ever heard of became famous, inspiring many lone individuals to conduct their own acts of terror.

By far the worst example is what happened right here in our region. Before the invasion of Afghanistan, a huge great deal of even the most extreme elements distanced themselves from Al Qaeda and their ideology, the invasion united many parties on to a convenient cause.

The taliban, an organization of thousands upon thousands of members absorbed Al Qaeda members and their ideology. That was a frightening aspect that no-one saw. Result: suicide bombers, today, both the Afghan talibs and the TTP proudly accept responsibility for killing civilians en masse.

Alright, thanks I'd appreciate it ! :)

Dude is everything alright ? Did I say something wrong ? The way I remember these conversations they weren't half as formal & completely devoid of humour or even an emoticon or two, as they are now ?

Lol it's not anything you do, it's hard to be comical when you answer a post 8 in the morning and with only 7 hours sleep between 2 days....

lol do they even know what is ANA...to say that the Northern Alliance had been given the name ANA will not be wrong & Pashtuns who make up more than half of Afghanistan's population & inhabit more than 50% area of Afg are sore enemies of Northern Alliance Warlords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom