What's new

Afghan Taliban Delegation Visits Iran

Surenas

Reaction score
A semi-official Iranian news agency says Tehran has hosted a delegation of the Afghan Taliban, the radical Sunni group that has long been a sworn enemy of Iran's ruling Shiite clerics.

The Fars agency reported on Saturday that the Taliban held talks with Iranian intelligence officials.

Fars says the visitors came from the Taliban's political office in Qatar. The group recently opened a mission in the Gulf Arab country to provide a venue where Afghan President Hamid Karzai's emissaries could hold talks with the Taliban to try to find a peaceful end to the 12-year war in Afghanistan.

Fars gave no other details. Other media didn't report on the unprecedented visit.

The visit signals Iran could be seeking the role of a regional mediator between the Taliban and Karzai's government.

Report: Afghan Taliban Delegation Visits Iran - ABC News

Is tabnak a hardcore regime newspaper?

Had never been there before. Browsed through some of the crap they call news and I got dizzy. And people here complain of Fox News lol

Dear friend, I am shocked, too. It is a pro-government media, indeed. What is behind it? That would be very stupid movement, comes after PKK friendship!

I disagree.

It is not a stupid move, but a wise one.

Taliban is not going anywhere, so why would you want to make them your enemies?

How having relation with a well known international terrorist group is in line with Iranian interests but to make west Iran's enemy is justifiable!

I disagree.

It is not a stupid move, but a wise one.

Taliban is not going anywhere, so why would you want to make them your enemies?

Nobody needs to make them an enemy, they're the enemy, period. They're the enemy of humanity, culture, civility, kindness, religion, philosophy and everything else that makes us human beings.

But I guess, the arab occupying regime of Iran isn't too far off from the taliban either. Who knows what they want with them.

How having relation with a well known international terrorist group is in line with Iranian interests but to make west Iran's enemy is justifiable!

Even the 'big satan' recognize the legitimacy of the taliban.

Nobody needs to make them an enemy, they're the enemy, period. They're the enemy of humanity, culture, civility, kindness, religion, philosophy and everything else that makes us human beings.

But I guess, the arab occupying regime of Iran isn't too far off from the taliban either. Who knows what they want with them.

You can fight them like we are doing and have bomb blasts in every city 24/7, or talk to them which we are now doing and not have that happen.

I don't think your Mullahs are as brainless as you say.

He meant; why is having relations with the Taliban justifiable and smart, while having relations with the west not?

Well mostly because Taliban is right next door neighbors to Iran.

Plus the one legit positive thing about them was that they nearly eradicated the drug trade which originates from Afghanistan.

Even the 'big satan' recognize the legitimacy of the taliban.

"legitimacy"

Nah, nobody considers them legitimate anything. Americans just changed their policy. Before it was "we're going to occupy your country and we're killing every taliban we see," while now it's "we're going to occupy your country and let you deal with the disease of taliban."

Now that the taliban scum have been given more room to operate, the arabs in charge of Iran probably see them as a useful proxy or something. Who knows.

are you azeri itab ?

He meant; why is having relations with the Taliban justifiable and smart, while having relations with the west not?

i did not know you were against mullas , sorry for misunderstanding .

You can fight them like we are doing and have bomb blasts in every city 24/7, or talk to them which we are now doing and not have that happen.

I don't think your Mullahs are as brainless as you say.

You guys fight the taliban? Since when?

There are bomb blasts in "every city 24/7" b/c you don't fight them.

And we've been free of taliban disease and will be in the future, why do we need to talk to them about anything?

Fighting the taliban means not allowing arabs to invest in your nation, fighting the taliban means not allowing the khaleej branch of Islam inside your nation, fighting the taliban means not allowing your children to be educated in arab made schools/maderesas, fighting the taliban means attacking the disease when it's still young, fighting the taliban means not supporting them in Afghanistan...

You guys are doing the opposite of all the above, so that's your problem.

Back
Top Bottom