What's new

Afghan security forces fleeing towards Iran

All Afghan border guards have been sent back to Afghanistan .

This is a view of the border at normal days...notice the lineup of trucks coming to Iran..
1626004800210.png

Afghan authorities say they are prepared to recapture a key border crossing in western Afghanistan that has fallen to the Taliban.
Herat governor spokesman Jilani Farhad said Saturday that Afghan authorities were deploying reinforcements to retake Islam Qala post, the biggest trade crossing between Iran and Afghanistan.

US, UK any everyone else knows these people don’t fight with weapons or numbers they fight with support of ISI and Pakistani govt.
There, fixed it for you.
Pakistan and taliban will do nothing to Iran. Simply cuz they cant. If taliban does something Iran will dust them and Pakistan will just stand nd watch. Pakistan's battle is for its own economic internal survival, it cant play regional politics in a grand scale.
Accurate summary ! Iran has told Taliban- you either talk with us, or we fuk u up if you mess with us, and since Iran also helped save Taliban from US and NATO for many years, Taliban chose the wiser option...if not, Iran can sell them out to an external power, or beat them up by themselves- Iran will just beat the taliban in Herat and annex that province and Taliban cant do crap, Paksitan wont even come to help Taliban recover the lost territory.

You both are living in la la land although I dont know where the hell is that la la land you people need to wake up what taliban that you organize these are insects scorpions jakals the first one they think of biting is you
instead think of your brothers and sisters of hazarah organize those help those not the enemy
shia no hope of them know their enemy!!
Honestly people are simpletons, This is the scorpion and the frog story in real life, These Neanderthal jihadis say some nice things because they are not in full control now, Just wait for them to gain full control and they will show the world what kind of monster they are, Again. They literally have done this before.

Honestly people are simpletons, This is the scorpion and the frog story in real life, These Neanderthal jihadis say some nice things because they are not in full control now, Just wait for them to gain full control and they will show the world what kind of monster they are, Again. They literally have done this before.
Bro look at them in Syria they start killing each other and everyone of these filth think they are the right one isis kill alqaeda and vise-versa now taliban vs isis so which one is the less worse well they all the same crab
they even didn't spare kids and women while our prophet said don't kill the detainee don't follow the retreated don't burn plant they burn human so they do everything the opposite way God curse them all

Stop exaggerating when did Taliban in collision with saudi wanted to attack Iran? Taliban is local militias and enjoying the undisputed support of Pakistan don't assume they are weak prey. They defeated the Soviet and The US..

Taliban seek only it's territories within afghanistan but don't assume you can carve anything but Pakistan will carve big junk out of you..

The respected taliban never shied away from a conflict and won't do so for any provocator.. Iran is not even in that of strong position herself they will tread carefully... But Taliban is not after them or any neighbourly countries but there are major forces at play here behind the scenes

There, fixed it for you.

Accurate summary ! Iran has told Taliban- you either talk with us, or we fuk u up if you mess with us, and since Iran also helped save Taliban from US and NATO for many years, Taliban chose the wiser option...if not, Iran can sell them out to an external power, or beat them up by themselves- Iran will just beat the taliban in Herat and annex that province and Taliban cant do crap, Paksitan wont even come to help Taliban recover the lost territory.
If taliban acts stupid, we'll ad all the shia and persian speaking region to Iran and directly connect Iran to Tajikistan. I'm sure they will see Iran as liberators and be more than happy to become Iranian.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Taliban. When a newspaper close to the supreme leader writes that the Taliban are not the same as in 1998 you can be assured that there is some level of cooperation. According to many sources the IRGC has been training elements within the Taliban and provided and continues to provide funding and political support. I believe the Herat area and areas close to the Iran border are under ''Iran friendly'' Taliban members and these forces are under supervision by the same people that visited Iran recently.

But if they ever turn on Iran (i bet you they are not that stupid) they will never know what hit them. Iran is the master of asymmetrical warfare itself... it is engaged in irregular warfare in 5 countries.. Lebanon,Syria,Palestine,Yemen,Iraq with 4 decades of experience. We can easily let some dogs loose on our enemies if they try something funny. Our main army, border guards etc are not even needed. But this scenario will most likely not happen as both Iran and Taliban are focused on kicking out US remnants out of Afghanistan and the region as a whole.

I also believe it is wise for Iran to cooperate with Pakistan as they have enormous influence on the Taliban as well. Only a regional cooperation and anti Zionist stance will make our region more safe, secure and prosper. Foreigners need to get out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Taliban. When a newspaper close to the supreme leader writes that the Taliban are not the same as in 1998 you can be assured that there is some level of cooperation. According to many sources the IRGC has been training elements within the Taliban and provided and continues to provide funding and political support. I believe the Herat area and areas close to the Iran border are under ''Iran friendly'' Taliban members and these forces are under supervision by the same people that visited Iran recently.

But if they ever turn on Iran (i bet you they are not that stupid) they will never know what hit them. Iran is the master of asymmetrical warfare itself... it is engaged in irregular warfare in 5 countries.. Lebanon,Syria,Palestine,Yemen,Iraq with 4 decades of experience. We can easily let some dogs loose on our enemies if they try something funny. Our main army, border guards etc are not even needed. But this scenario will most likely not happen as both Iran and Taliban are focused on kicking out US remnants out of Afghanistan and the region as a whole.

I also believe it is wise for Iran to cooperate with Pakistan as they have enormous influence on the Taliban as well. Only a regional cooperation and anti Zionist stance will make our region more safe, secure and prosper. Foreigners need to get out.

Agreed, something about this current version of the Taliban doesn't really scream "major threat" to me with regards to Iranian integrity and interests.

United States gradual region wide humiliation and subsequent draw-down is what Iran has been seeking out for many years now and it's only just beginning to come to fruition, so logically it would be in the both the best interests of the Taliban and Iran to have some sort of cordial ties as their mutual aims line-up in certain areas (expulsion of U.S. forces primarily). Although America is an inherently duplicitous country. They say we will "take the troops out" but mercenary groups and other 'third parties' who get contracted out on America's behalf, tend to step in to fill in the void. Question is just how total this pull-out is going to be and just how much of the country the Taliban is willing to control.

Just thought I'd fully acknowledge that I am in no way or shape a supporter of the Taliban, their methods and ideologies are antithesis to how I live and would want to treat others.

Afghanistan going through the same as Iraq after America ruined it

All the cracker had to do is stay home and nothing would've happened, no beheadings, no ISIS
Afghanistan get ruined by USSR backed coupe ages ago

You cannot defeat the Taliban. US killed tens of thousands of them, what ended up happening?

Short of nuking Afghanistan and turning into inhabitable wasteland, you cannot defeat the Tabilian just like you cannot defeat the Houthis in Yemen. You cannot defeat a local population that that has nothing To lose.

Eventually the Taliban would re organize and resupply it could take 10 years it could take 30 years.

So best Iran can do is wipe out a few generations of Taliban like the US did and support the Shiite Afghanis to increase their power over Taliban.

The one thing Iran can do better than US by a substantial margin is train foreign legions to fight asymmetric warfare. US struggles to train because they teach conventional warfare (and poorly at that) to soldiers who have no loyalty.

But still at the end of the day, Taliban is part of Afghan society same way Kurds are part of Iran and Turkey and Iraq.

i never said defeat the taliban. infact i said the taliban is the natural shrub of the land. in pashtu areas that is. in non-pashtu areas the taliban are extremely weak.

Iran has huge relations with Hazaras. is in a far more powerful position, has a standing afghan army on standby, and probably has other militias ready to go.

the taliban itself is nothing. The islamist movement of ejecting foreigners (soviets,americans) is the only undefeatable feature of afghanistan. If you want to take afghanistan you either need to genocide a significant chunk of the population or deal with endless insurgency.

the only way Iran would lose is if they lost their mind and thought about going the soviet/american full on invasion into afghanistan.. at absolute worse worse WORSE case scenario. Iran can EASILY carve out a taliban free-zone around the border, manned by friendly militias.

ISIS in their absolute prime, steamrolling a disintegrating IRaqi army could no approach within 40kms of the IRanian border, after Iran declared a de facto 40km ISIS free kill zone, and anahiliated the only village isis managed to capture in that zone..

the Taliban is not a threat to Iran, with the exception of random terrorist attacks here and there. which will be met with a devastating response from Iran

Back
Top Bottom