What's new

Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some one let many of know the develpment works done in Afganistan by pakistan?

What do you guys think ? Why are Afghanis thinking like this ? Please only constructive comments

The survey is questionable in many ways. How was the survey conducted? House to house? Telephone? Volunteer? I doubt this represents a general Afghan opinion because it would be hard to reach the majority of Afghan population - they live in Taliban territory and thus they wouldn't be going there and doing survey. The questionability further is ensured by the fact that 51% view US favourably - if those who know pasthuns know that they hate the US deeply.

So essentially, this survey seems to have questioned a small percentage of select Afghanis - most likely the ones that are present in government - and is in no way an indicator of general afghan opinion.

IF afghans just all leave our country and go backto afghanistan or even india they will be our most most papuler nation in world.can they?.

Also, bear in mind if taliban had little support then they wouldn't be able to recruit so easily and be so powerful. The fact that they rule 70% of Afghanistan is a testament to that. You can't continue ruling territory for long time without having support from local people.

Last edited:
other countries lol.Those Afghans can not even live a day without our support.They will perish in hours if we drop our support and seal the borders.

You are so right. Bro. the food shortage in Pakistan which being smugled to Afghanistan, millions of Aghan refugees taking jobs and businesses from Pakistanis, supplies to Afghans and Nato Armies, and the list goes on, India could never match the things Pakistan offered and contnue to ofer Afghanis and Nato.

We know India, it went to War for saveral hundred refugees From east Pakistan.

So Pakistan stands tall and has the moral high ground in every respect.

Good now Pakistan can send 4 mill ++ afghans to India. Close border to Afghan all trade should be stopped.

lol you seem to have a very good head on your shoulder buddy, dont loose it lol keep it up :cheers:

I am flattered :P,

you know what, i am not gonna loose it , not at least on this topic, because in reality I know the truth.

adios

Can some one let many of know the develpment works done in Afganistan by pakistan?

I am looking at what india has done since it is the one talking about development work. Show me actual instances of work, i.e road projects, dams, schools, etc and not just talk as to how you're doing work. Show me actual stories of work happening. Only thing I hear about so far is some deep freezer that india made for protecting fruits.

Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular

New Delhi, Jan 20 : In a new opinion poll, Afghans have rated India as the most favourable foreign country in Afghanistan and have rejected a role for Pakistan in their country.

The opinion poll, commissioned by by BBC, ABC and German TV ARD, also shows a sharp decline in support for the Taliban.

According to the findings, 71 percent of more than 1,500 Afghans questioned endorsed India's multifarious role in the reconstruction of the strife-torn country.

India was followed by Germany (59 percent), the US (51 percent), Iran (50 percent) and Britain (39 percent). Pakistan was found to be the least popular country, with only two percent of Afghans viewing its role favourably.

India has pledged $1.3 billion for a wide array of reconstruction activities ranging from education to building roads, bridges, power stations to digging tubewells, and grassroot development projects.

This broad sweep of developments projects has earned India enormous goodwill among ordinary Afghans.

The poll decisively rebuffs Pakistan's oft-voiced propaganda pitch that India's growing profile in Afghanistan was part of the problem, and not the solution.

The survey was conducted in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan between Dec 11-23, 2009. It's based on in-person interviews with a random national sample of 1,534 Afghan adults during that period.

The results have a 3-point error margin. The field work has been done by the Afghan Center for Socio-Economic and Opinion Research (ACSOR) in Kabul.

The poll also found Afghans increasingly optimistic about the future of their country.

Months after the second Hamid Karzai government was formed in Kabul following a closely contested election, 70 percent said they believed Afghanistan was going in the right direction - a sharp increase from 40 percent a year ago.

The poll also brought to the fore the growing unpopularity of the Taliban in Afghanistan with only six percent of people polled saying they favoured a Taliban administration. Ninety percent said they wanted their country run by the current government.

Here is the link: Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular

Ahsan_R - you are living in denial man!
It has pledged about US$750 million to Afghanistan's reconstruction since 2002 and is today the fifth-largest bilateral donor in Afghanistan after the United States, Britain, Japan and Germany. This places India among the big players in the country.

India is involved in an array of projects, ranging from providing food to children to improving infrastructure. It is constructing the 218-kilometer Zaranj-Delaram road, the Afghan parliament and a power transmission line from Pul-e-Khumri to Kabul and a substation in Kabul. It is repairing and reconstructing the Salma Dam in the western province of Herat at a cost of $109.3 million and building telephone exchanges linking 11 provinces to Kabul. It has supplied hundreds of buses and mini-buses. India is training bureaucrats and is providing over 3,000 Afghans with skills to earn a livelihood in carpentry, plumbing and masonry.

Hundreds of Afghans have been given scholarships to study in India. India is providing food assistance in the form of high-protein biscuits to 1.4 million school children daily.

^^ If denial is reality, then yes I am in denial. Where is the news articles on this stuff? Considering indian history, is this even real or made up development? And again, they might be involved in some small scale development but most of their resources are concentrated elsewhere.

Lol any Afghani's on this forum ? Their input would be highly appreciated.

I am looking at what india has done since it is the one talking about development work. Show me actual instances of work, i.e road projects, dams, schools, etc and not just talk as to how you're doing work. Show me actual stories of work happening. Only thing I hear about so far is some deep freezer that india made for protecting fruits.

Building of Parliament:smitten:
a 215km highway connecting the Iranian border to Afghanistan's arterial highway ( also constructing port in Iran so that dependency on Pakistan can be avoided,{no offence}):bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom