What's new

Afghan peace talks should not cross 'red lines': India

@muse, what is more interesting is the total about turn in the US Pakistan relations - it was pretty amusing just a couple of months back and now it seems its back to being hunky dory. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to tell, and better to predict after peace talks :cheers:, ANA will take care of their country :cheers:

Agreed............but peace talks is in between Talibans and USA....and Talibans are expected to join ANA....

so in that case how could they take care of Talibans......??

Or What would be the future of ANA....???

There is always good diplomacy which we can balance the relations between USA and Iran :cheers:

Last time when sanctions were imposed on Iran. India and China are exceptions :cheers:

In diplomacy you have to trade off.....so what would be the trade off point in this matter for India......???

@muse,

PressTV - Iran slams negotiations between US and Taliban in Qatar

Iran Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Araqchi says Tehran is opposed to negotiations between the United States and the Taliban militants in the Qatari capital of Doha.

On Thursday, Afghan Foreign Ministry released a statement expressing Kabul’s anger and frustration at the opening of Taliban office in Qatar.

"The manner in which the office was established was in clear breach of the principles and terms of references agreed with us by the US government," the statement read.

President Hamid Karzai has also announced that his government will not join any US negotiations with the Taliban unless the talks are led by the Afghans.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan’s High Peace Council stated that none of its members will travel to Qatar to sit at talks with the Taliban.

That makes it three - Russia, India and Iran plus the Afghan Government (The 80's bunch) :D

As for China, it's riding the fence as usual - talking to both the Taliban and to Karzai and will negotiate with whoever is in power post 2014.

Agreed............but peace talks is in between Talibans and USA....and Talibans are expected to join ANA....

so in that case how could they take care Talibans......??

Or What would be the future of ANA....???

It all depends on talks which are going on. Countries need to cut a good deal with them :cheers:

In diplomacy you have to trade off.....so what would be the trade off point in this matter for India......???

Lot of things are there and can be used as chips for bargaining.

One of them is containing China, US will accept happily if India try to contain China influence in Iran :cheers:

Nice - SO it's back to where it all started from. :lol: PA and ISI must be delighted.

yes they are happy as they are heading towards a total victory against CIA & house of sauds even with some help of RAW?;)
this the game of shadows, where a normal brain isnt enough, so dont try too hard?;)
another game on borad is russia, china, iran pakistan & india playing dirty to big brother?:lol:

@muse,

PressTV - Iran slams negotiations between US and Taliban in Qatar

Iran Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Araqchi says Tehran is opposed to negotiations between the United States and the Taliban militants in the Qatari capital of Doha.

On Thursday, Afghan Foreign Ministry released a statement expressing Kabul’s anger and frustration at the opening of Taliban office in Qatar.
That makes it three - Russia, India and Iran plus the Afghan Government (The 80's bunch) :D
As for China, it's riding the fence as usual - talking to both the Taliban and to Karzai and will negotiate with whoever is in power post 2014.

It's early to make much of these statements - and it's unreasonable to say that Iran would offer support to a mechanism it has not been part of -- If Doha results in the release of detainees on both sides and a measure of confidence, then perhaps it will not have been a loss

yes they are happy as they are heading towards a total victory against CIA & house of sauds even with some help of RAW?;)
this the game of shadows, where a normal brain isnt enough, so dont try too hard?;)
another game on borad is russia, china, iran pakistan & india playing dirty to big brother?:lol:

No idea what you are on about there - I think you are into some serious conspiracy theories - I prefer leaving you to it on your own. :lol:

It's early to make much of these statements - and it's unreasonable to say that Iran would offer support to a mechanism it has not been part of -- If Doha results in the release of detainees on both sides and a measure of confidence, then perhaps it will not have been a loss

Of course it's too early - the US would be too squeamish about the talks and will not be hoping to achieve anything out of it or very little out of it - but then the doubts have already set in elsewhere where it matters as well. As for Iran - as I said it's what's happened in history and is bound to repeat itself.

It all depends on talks which are going on. Countries need to cut a good deal with them :cheers:

What would be a good deal in Indian perspective in this regards......???

Lot of things are there and can be used as chips for bargaining.
One of them is containing China, US will accept happily if India try to contain China influence in Iran :cheers:

hmmm....good point but its not only USA approved sanctions.....there are UN imposed sanctions as well.....so how could India and Iran relationship grow above certain limitations....???

No idea what you are on about there - I think you are into some serious conspiracy theories - I prefer leaving you to it on your own. :lol:

Of course it's too early - the US would be too squeamish about the talks and will not be hoping to achieve anything out of it or very little out of it - but then the doubts have already set in elsewhere where it matters as well. As for Iran - as I said it's what's happened in history and is bound to repeat itself?

sorry but keep carry on with emirates online intelll?:lol:
& be happy that big brother lost i afghanistan, thats the problem of south asians!;)

sorry but keep carry on with emirates online intelll?:lol:
& be happy that big brother lost i afghanistan, thats the problem of south asians!;)

Sorry Bro, I honestly tried making sense out of that....but couldn't.

Guys I think it is an interesting development..........but unable to find the same with any other source.....can anyone help.........???

http://e.jang.com.pk/06-22-2013/karachi/pic.asp?picname=1720.gif

pic.asp

Guys I think it is an interesting development..........but unable to find the same with any other source.....can anyone help.........???

Jang Multimedia

pic.asp

[video]http://e.jang.com.pk/06-22-2013/karachi/pic.asp?picname=1720.gif[/video]

What does it say?

What does it say?

it talks about a lengthy meeting of Indian Diplomats with one of the Important Taliban member in presence of American Ambassador and one of the important personality of Qatar......plus Indian High Commissioner in Kabul also meet with NATO authorities.....further it talks about Indian intentions about Indian relations with Taliban and its role in the formation of Taliban Government......

it talks about a lengthy meeting of Indian Diplomats with one of the Important Taliban member in presence of American Ambassador and one of the important personality of Qatar......plus Indian High Commissioner in Kabul also meet with NATO authorities.....further it talks about Indian intentions about Indian relations with Taliban and its role in the formation of Taliban Government......

It sure is interesting :D

DOHA (AFP) - The United States warned Saturday that it could call on the Taliban to close an office in Qatar unless it shows more commitment to reconciliation in Afghanistan.

US special envoy James Dobbins arrived in the Gulf Arab monarchy and was taking part in talks with Qatar alongside Secretary of State John Kerry.

But Kerry said that the United States was not yet ready to meet the Taliban and accused the rebels of failing to live up to their side of peace efforts.

"It is our hope that this could ultimately be an important step in reconciliation if it's possible. We know that it may well not be possible," Kerry told reporters in Doha.

If the Taliban do not address concerns, "We may have to consider whether or not the office has to be closed."

"It is really up to the Taliban to make that choice," he said, calling a feud in the past week "the first real test of whether the Taliban are prepared to do their part".

US warns Taliban as envoy heads to Qatar - Yahoo!7

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom