What's new

Afghan peace talks should not cross 'red lines': India

At any rate I don't think my little brother @SHAMK9 would be much in favor of annexing Afghanistan ! :undecided:

:bad:Sure, if you want more poor, uneducated, backwards people roaming on the streets of Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather fix Pakistan first than take on the responsibility of Afghanistan. If our friends to the east are so keen, i say let them have a go. The Persians tried, the mongol tribes tried, Alexander tried, the British/Russian & American's tried.... It is called the "Graveyard of empires for a very good reason".

If India wishes to involve herself in a quagmire and reverse its growth another 30 years. Be our guest. :)

Sir tuu woh Myanmmar waliii thread mein aaap ko issii liyee mention kiyaa thaaa; knock some sense into @Hyperion as a fellow Pukhtoon - He goes on & on about his Pukhtoon brothers in Afghanistan & how we should allow them in, help them & trust them as our own people ! :bad:

You either knock some sense into this Khan Sahib or I'll ask his wifey to use a frying pan ! :whistle:

:bad:Sure, if you want more poor, uneducated, backwards people roaming on the streets of Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi etc

Bhai I'm all for sealing the border but @Hyperion doesn't agree - From one Pukhtoon to another can you kindly knock some sense into him ? :what:

Poor choice of words yet again, you never annex them, rather you let them join us. Pathan-pathan bhai bhai and we can all get access to the riches of Middle-earth.

Khan Sahib, reinnn dawoooo apnaa mulk tei sanmbhlaa jaaandiii nahin teiii dujheiii nuuu veiii annex karen toreiooo ! :hitwall:

At any rate I don't think my little brother @SHAMK9 would be much in favor of annexing Afghanistan ! :undecided:

Poor choice of words yet again, you never annex them, rather you let them join us. Pathan-pathan bhai bhai and we can all get access to the riches of Middle-earth.

Abhii tukk tou usss bhai neiii jisss thaaliii mein khayaa haii ussiii mein chaiiid kar diyaaa....mein Pathan-Punjabi Bhai Bhai mei hii khush hooon ! :kiss3:

Bhai I'm all for sealing the border but @Hyperion doesn't agree - From one Pukhtoon to another can you kindly knock some sense into him ? :what:
Sealing border is easier said thn done, first step should be kick each and every afghan out of Pakistan, doesn't matter if they are Hindus, Muslims, Jews, pashtoon, Tajik or Butt:P and Pakistan should stop giving each and every person entering the country citizenship.

Rumbling and Grumbling in Dehli?

US 'rebalancing' in the Hindu Kush
By M K Bhadrakumar

Pakistan has been genuinely supportive of a peace process ... there has in the past been skepticism about their support, but in recent months ... we've seen evidence that there is genuine support and that they've employed their influence such as it is to encourage the Taliban to engage, and to engage in this particular format [at Doha]

Extra leap of faith

Quite obviously, there has been very close US-Pakistan coordination. US Secretary of State John Kerry met Pakistani army chief Ashfaq Kiani at least twice in recent months. Special representative James Dobbins visited Kiani in Rawalpindi
How interesting, a few weeks back, the US kills Waliur Rehman TTP’s number two, and now this development, does it ring any bells!?.

As I have been saying all along from the very beginning that all the circumstantial evidence shows that his killing was a joint venture between the US and Pakistan and the time will prove this.

It's a clear case of, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

@Armstrong

In my humble opinion, everyone is entitled to their own views. @Hyperion associates the pashtuns of the early 1800's and 1900's to the Afghani's of the 20th Century who are diluted, and have no sense of loyalty or duty to their kinsmen across the border in Pakistan.

Travel to places like Quetta, and you can witness this first hand in Places like Pashin, Kharotobad, Qilla Saifullah. The Afghan youth, who's grandfather's, fathers and brothers we have sheltered now turn on us and make derogatory statements about Pakistan.

Anyone who has a Utopian view of the Pashtun's living in Afghanistan and their loyalty to the tribes let along to Pakistan for it's shelter and care of their kin, is living a fantasy. Don't believe me, travel to Kabul and sit in a tea shop, talk to a few locals and tell them you're from Pakistan, watch the disgust on their faces.

No brother, if anything we should extend a helping hand to our brethren in Baluchistan and interior Sindh, the time for living in care bear land is over. The problem with us Pakistanis is we are an overly emotional lot, forever focused on helping our brothers and sisters in the foreign lands, from Afghanistan, to Sudan to Palestine.

Whilst the thought is very noble, it's implementation is not. For Charity begins at home, and whilst there are so many things wrong with this world, you do not have to venture to foreign lands to find injustice, suffering and strife.

You can find your fair share of wrongs right outside your home. If we want Pakistan to prosper we must revert our thinking from being externally focused to self reflection, focused on a grassroots policy of development, outreach and brotherhood.*

An excerpt from Alfred Tennyson's poem "The Lotus Eaters" has a very important lesson for all Pakistanis, who struggle so much to run where the brave dare not go, that they forget their way home:

They sat them down upon the yellow sand,
Between the sun and moon upon the shore;
And sweet it was to dream of Fatherland, Of child, and wife, and slave; but evermore
Most weary seem’d the sea, weary the oar,
Weary the wandering fields of barren foam.
Then some one said, “We will return no more;”
And all at once they sang,
“Our island home Is far beyond the wave; we will no longer roam.”

@RescueRanger - I've said the exact thing to @Hyperion & I've formed my opinion after talking to dozens of Pakistani Pukhtoons from those in my family to those amongst my friends & its they & not I who've felt the brunt of Afghan's behavior towards Pakistan & Pakistanis & want them out !

But does he listen ? :angry:

Who says I "care" about the ones in Afghanistan? When I say such things, what I actually mean is we can control them with ease, and that they are lesser of MULTIPLE evils. Would you rather prefer Yanks, Russians, Uzbek's, Iranians or Indians sitting on our border?

Whether we like it or not, they will be our neighbors until some continental shift, till then we need to find the best possible solution on milking the crap out of their "geography". :D

@Armstrong

In my humble opinion, everyone is entitled to their own views. @Hyperion associates the pashtuns of the early 1800's and 1900's to the Afghani's of the 20th Century who are diluted, and have no sense of loyalty or duty to their kinsmen across the border in Pakistan.

Travel to places like Quetta, and you can witness this first hand in Places like Pashin, Kharotobad, Qilla Saifullah. The Afghan youth, who's grandfather's, fathers and brothers we have sheltered now turn on us and make derogatory statements about Pakistan.

Anyone who has a Utopian view of the Pashtun's living in Afghanistan and their loyalty to the tribes let along to Pakistan for it's shelter and care of their kin, is living a fantasy. Don't believe me, travel to Kabul and sit in a tea shop, talk to a few locals and tell them you're from Pakistan, watch the disgust on their faces.

No brother, if anything we should extend a helping hand to our brethren in Baluchistan and interior Sindh, the time for living in care bear land is over. The problem with us Pakistanis is we are an overly emotional lot, forever focused on helping our brothers and sisters in the foreign lands, from Afghanistan, to Sudan to Palestine.

Whilst the thought is very noble, it's implementation is not. For Charity begins at home, and whilst there are so many things wrong with this world, you do not have to venture to foreign lands to find injustice, suffering and strife.

You can find your fair share of wrongs right outside your home. If we want Pakistan to prosper we must revert our thinking from being externally focused to self reflection, focused on a grassroots policy of development, outreach and brotherhood.*

An excerpt from Alfred Tennyson's poem "The Lotus Eaters" has a very important lesson for all Pakistanis, who struggle so much to run where the brave dare not go, that they forget their way home:

They sat them down upon the yellow sand,
Between the sun and moon upon the shore;
And sweet it was to dream of Fatherland, Of child, and wife, and slave; but evermore
Most weary seem’d the sea, weary the oar,
Weary the wandering fields of barren foam.
Then some one said, “We will return no more;”
And all at once they sang,
“Our island home Is far beyond the wave; we will no longer roam.”

Who says I "care" about the ones in Afghanistan? When I say such things, what I actually mean is we can control them with ease, and that they are lesser of MULTIPLE evils. Would you rather prefer Yanks, Russians, Uzbek's, Iranians or Indians sitting on our border?

Whether we like it or not, they will be our neighbors until some continental shift, till then we need to find the best possible solution on milking the crap out of their "geography". :D

I've actually met a few Tajiks - Very nice people ! :unsure:

Tajiks are good for one thing, their hide. Brilliant shine when polished, and subtle texture to it. Jackets, shoes, you name it, amazing product lines can be created.

And what are Afghan Pukhtoons good for ? Using their nuts to make golf balls ! :unsure:

Kaisiii bateiiin karteii ho Khan Sahib - The Tajiks I met were really polite & well mannered but every Afghan Pukhtoon I've met bariii mushkil seiii useeii chapaair marnaa control kiyaa because once they start with the anti-Pakistan BS they never stop ! :hitwall:

Btw folks, American invasion of Afghanistan and it's consequent defeat was the biggest blessing in disguise (in the long term) for Extended-Pakistan. The repercussions of all this will be HUGELY beneficial to state of Pakistan, for generations to come.

Stop looking at it in 5 year terms. That's all you need to do.

@Armstrong @RescueRanger @Aeronaut @muse @Oscar @Dillinger

Pleas elaborate on this - How, exactly, will this be of great benefit for Pakistan?

India don't fight in Afghanistan, they will only provide aid and training to ANA forces to defend themselves :cheers:

by whom.......Good Taliban or Bad Taliban......???

India has no problem with the sanctions, if it serves our interests we will work with Iran :cheers:
We are building Chahbahar port as we speak :cheers:

It not about the problem of India its about the problem of International Community......

Where would you people stand.......???

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom