What's new

Afghan Hotel Attack - Afghanistan Starts Blame Game Again

I blame Pakistan..............for everything

Afghanistan National logo

blame.jpg

That's a bit rich coming from a pakistani. I genuinely lol'ed

Then don't blame Afghanistan for any attacks that goes on in Pakistan.

It's pretty much in Black and White when they attack in a swarm FROM AFGHANISTAN, and after having done their deeds flee BACK TO AFGHANISTAN, they also take hostages BACK TO AFGHANISTAN, then we have to send Tribal Elders TO AFGHANISTAN so that they can secure the release of captives being held IN AFGHANISTAN, and the infiltrators we arrest all happen to be AFGHAN CITIZENS.

Catch my drift ?

the more Pakistan does for Afghanistan,
the more they blame Pakistan

Pakistan should leave Afghanistan on Afghans and US and see what they can do.
We should neither support any Taliban nor US and Karzai

Yup, Pakistan should leave Afghanistan and fence the border.

When was Pakistan inside Afghanistan?

I guess that's what the Afghans want as well.

I'm not sure this is 'exactly' what Afghans would want, especially because most of their everyday supplies for survival actually come from Pakistan (food & other supplies). And their 'national crop' opium (that they manufacture heroin from) goes to Pakistan, as well as Iran, Russia & the West. I don't think Afghanistan would want its 'earnings' & 'revenue generated' from its 'national crop' to fall. Even if it kills the world. At least they excel at some thing! (95% of the world's opium production is in Afghanistan).

India should Afghanistan diplomatically and militarily to the maximum extent possible against the tyranny of the Taliban and its sympathizers.

I'm not sure this is 'exactly' what Afghans would want, especially because most of their everyday supplies for survival actually come from Pakistan (food & other supplies). And their 'national crop' opium (that they manufacture heroin from) goes to Pakistan, as well as Iran, Russia & the West. I don't think Afghanistan would want its 'earnings' & 'revenue generated' from its 'national crop' to fall, right? Even if it kills the rest of the world.

One of the well worn myths that comes out of scorn borne for the Afghans sans any facts.

Pakistan account for just 20% of Afghan imports and Afghanistan exports just 23% of its goods to Pakistan. its not that without Pak Afghanistan would collapse the next day. Most of the food imports come from the CARs.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/september/tradoc_114134.pdf

When was Pakistan inside Afghanistan?

If not physically, Pakistan has been the most influential factor in Afghanistan for the past 40 years or so. This interference has caused massive fatigue in both countries and I guess now is the time to step back and reevaluate your relationship. Time for Afghans to exert their own sovereignty.

these kind of blames usually for diverting people's attention from their own incompetency as well as even they are not in position to justify attacks over Pakistani border posts by large number of militants under the nose of ISAF & Afghan army.

One of the well worn myths that comes out of scorn borne for the Afghans sans any facts.

Pakistan account for just 20% of Afghan imports and Afghanistan exports just 23% of its goods to Pakistan. its not that without Pak Afghanistan would collapse the next day. Most of the food imports come from the CARs.

Pakistan used to supply over 50% of all Afghan supplies before the WOT. Since then, with the rising contributions from the US, the % of Pakistan's contributions have decreased:

Afghan Imports:

Pakistan 36.9%, US 9.5%, Germany 7.7%, India 5.2% (2008)

Pakistan 26.78%, US 24.81%, India 5.15%, Germany 5.06%, Russia 4.04% (2009)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/af.html

When the US is done with Afghanistan, they won't give a crap about them. There is already talk about too much US spending for Afghanistan.

Yup, Pakistan should leave Afghanistan and fence the border. I guess that's what the Afghans want as well.

Apparently not, we fenced the border in 2005, the Afghans tore it down on the pretext that we were trying to "Divide the Pukhtuns". In reality, they just stole the metal and sold it for scrap...................

India should Afghanistan diplomatically and militarily to the maximum extent possible against the tyranny of the Taliban and its sympathizers.

If those stats accommodate smuggled goods as well, then it's probably true. Most of the stuff that goes in and out of Afghanistan does not pass the proper channels. They send us 80% of their opium, they take much of our flour, pretty simple................

Pakistan used to supply over 50% of all Afghan supplies before the WOT. Since then, with the rising contributions from the US, the % of Pakistan's contributions have decreased:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/af.html

When the US is done with Afghanistan, they won't give a crap about them. There is already talk about too much US spending for Afghanistan.

Even then how did 36% become "over 50%". And you are not the President of the US to decide what the US will do five years hence.

So stick to discussion based on latest facts. And this is the scorn that makes the common Afghan loathe the Pakistanis.

If those stats accommodate smuggled goods as well, then it's probably true. Most of the stuff that goes in and out of Afghanistan does not pass the proper channels. They send us 80% of their opium, they take much of our flour, pretty simple................

Since no one knows the exact quantity of the smuggled items (smuggling goes on in the northern borders into CARs as well) let us all stick to discussion based on available facts vetted by international agencies. Thanks.

Apparently not, we fenced the border in 2005, the Afghans tore it down on the pretext that we were trying to "Divide the Pukhtuns". In reality, they just stole the metal and sold it for scrap...................

I know Musharraf proposed a fence. I don't think anything was done about that though. Do you have a source for the rest of your statement?

Even then how did 36% become "over 50%". And you are not the President of the US to decide what the US will do five years hence.

36.9% was in 2008. Over 50% was before the WOT. And just to remind you, the WOT started in 2001.

So stick to discussion based on latest facts. And this is the scorn that makes the common Afghan loathe the Pakistanis.

It's funny you claim to know what the common Afghan thinks like, but have probably not even met one personally in your life.

Since no one knows the exact quantity of the smuggled items (smuggling goes on in the northern borders into CARs as well) let us all stick to discussion based on available facts. Thanks.

Let me tell you a little about the smuggling routes. The most famous one is from Chaman, Balochistan to Kandahar, Afghanistan. The Torkham is also famous for smuggling goods into Nangarhar province in Afghanistan. There are countless other smuggling routes. The amount of goods that are smuggled into Afghanistan from these smuggling routes are very difficult to measure because they are much higher in quantity than from the goods flowing through the official supply routes.

Since no one knows the exact quantity of the smuggled items (smuggling goes on in the northern borders into CARs as well) let us all stick to discussion based on available facts vetted by international agencies. Thanks.

Which is exactly the reason why we SHOULD NOT stick with the vetted facts because like I mentioned, most of the goods coming in and going out of Afghanistan are smuggled. Smuggling is such a huge problem that when the government calculates the amount of wheat it will be buying, the Afghan population is also taken into the equation because each year, much of our flour is smuggled into Afghanistan. If you could ever visit Peshawar, visit Sitara Market, you'll get what I mean. I bought a $200 Gerber Multi-tool that is Bomb-Disposal standard issue for PKR 500. That should give you an idea........

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I know Musharraf proposed a fence. I don't think anything was done about that though. Do you have a source for the rest of your statement?

Yes, I was overseeing the operation............

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom