What's new

Afghan forces to begin getting A-29 aircraft in 2014

Lol @Wright ...

even USA is buying this light attack jets for USAF..and you don't need 6th gen radar evading jets to bomb ill equipped insurgents..

proof on which you are making your claim..any source??

yeah jets :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people trolling on Afghanistan ? watch them, after 20-25 years they will have strong armed forces.

Old news. This has been confirmed a year back.

Lol @Wright ...

even USA is buying this light attack aircraft for USAF..and you don't need 6th gen radar evading jets to bomb ill equipped insurgents..

proof on which you are making your claim..any source??

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Taleban 'getting Chinese arms'

They've already been able to shoot down helis with it, and the only reason why they haven't shot down fighter-bombers is because of the sheer speed of said planes. The A-29 won't have the speed to do such a thing.

So you are comparing Nato with Puppet karzai even Nato lost Fighter plan when talib attack their airbase .

Only a few incidences occurred where the planes were damaged, Even if the ANA is incompetent, they're still trained enough to do a good job of guarding what they already have under their control, even if they can't make any major gains.

The day USA runs away they ANA will not be able to defend themselves bases are far more difficult to protect

No, they'll be able to defend most of what they have, they just won't be able to make gains and will end up having to concede much of the land to the Taliban

Is this from WW II?

no, but it is an old design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people trolling on Afghanistan ? watch them, after 20-25 years they will have strong armed forces.

Highly unlikely, unless afghans have some sort of reconciliation among their Tribes/People starting 2014+ they'll be fighting among themselves. Unless afghans have proper trade routes and "things" to export; with dead economy it would be the same for them like now a days. Pakistan is highly skeptical to provide them with trading routes through Balochistan primarily reason being they export terrorism/weapons.

Highly unlikely, unless afghans have some sort of reconciliation among their Tribes/People starting 2014+ they'll be fighting among themselves. Unless afghans have proper trade routes and "things" to export; with dead economy it would be the same for them like now a days. Pakistan is highly skeptical to provide them with trading routes through Balochistan primarily reason being they export terrorism/weapons.

you just have pessimistic views about Afghanistan, We are expecting serious infrastructural changes in next 15 years.

you just have pessimistic views about Afghanistan, We are expecting serious infrastructural changes in next 15 years.

Whereas it is the next few years that has our focus - getting these next few years right, can help us all be optimistic

I really don't understand why fixed wing aircraft were consider and have been approved - this is not a good development

It's an Attack aircraft , A , similar to A-10 , so that's why it is considered , it is meant to be used for strafing the Taliban

I assume , it is also armored like A-10

Whereas it is the next few years that has our focus - getting these next few years right, can help us all be optimistic

Wouldn't be waiting for a few Years just wait for couple of years and see these people fight to death among themselves for the control of cities/provinces. A never ending season.

I wish if India donates some of their mig-21s to Afghanistan.
Big mouth Pakistani forces and comman people are being killed almost on daily basis by Taliban but still their bond with them is so strong that they can't see them fail.

If this attitude doesn't change which I know won't , then I can't help but say,
More death awaits you Pakistanies.

It's an Attack aircraft , A , similar to A-10 , so that's why it is considered , it is meant to be used for strafing the Taliban

I assume , it is also armored like A-10

nope,its not aromoured like A-10 or Su-25..but it can do the job done..also,it can be used for limited anti air role(against helos and light/unarmed aircrafts,as they are not expecting jets from Taliban side)

Back
Top Bottom