What's new

Aero India 2023

Can it be other way round. Can TEDBF be configured to serve as twin engines for IAF (Su-30MKI-38.8 MTOW- Wow!!) equivalent or to fulfil IAF's current MRCA requirement.

F-35 is a single engine serving both purpose.
F/A-18 is a 23.5 Ton MTOW twin engine doing the same excellently.
This is under serious consideration with IAF

This is under serious consideration with IAF

Says who?

So far I haven't seen a single IAF official even mentioning TEDBF, even though they're more than well aware of it's design requirements and capabilities, given it is being developed side by side with the AMCA and Tejas Mk2 at ADA and HAL with IAF Project Management teams embedded.

If any IAF officer even mentions the TEDBF as a possible option to be turned into an IAF variant, they'll be demoted or given a punishment posting to some remote corner of Arunachal Pradesh. The reason is simple- the IAF is desperately waiting for the MRFA to come about. Rafale being in the pole position for several reasons.

A desi Rafale-like TEDBF derived fighter for the IAF would mean that the GoI may argue that a small batch of 36 more Rafales will do for now and the IAF could join in the TEDBF program for it's own variant to be inducted in the mid 2030s. They don't want that. They want 114 MRFA to start coming into squadrons from 2028 at most.

Can it be other way round. Can TEDBF be configured to serve as twin engines for IAF (Su-30MKI-38.8 MTOW- Wow!!) equivalent or to fulfil IAF's current MRCA requirement.

F-35 is a single engine serving both purpose.
F/A-18 is a 23.5 Ton MTOW twin engine doing the same excellently.

Is the F/A-18 Super Hornet in service with the USAF? If not, why?

And why was the Super Hornet so low on the favorites list for the MRCA contest and why is it that the Super Hornet will most likely be replaced by the F-15EX for the MRFA contest?

The answers to that will tell you why it is not a good land based fighter while being a great naval fighter.

Says who?

Did anyone ever questioned Navy about why N-LCA still flying at present form and using IN facilities and even why/who permitted landing on IAC, in fact it is on record that they have rejected N-LCA in present form since it is a single engine fighter.

You are expecting forces to do things after announcing everything to public ? have you ever heard about ORCA (Omni Role Combat Aircraft)

since my lips are stitched, I am only allowed to say this much.

They cannot.

Sure they can, the Rafale M is a good example. I bet the IAF don't want a local twin engine fighter jeopardizing their golden imported goose.

I don't like delta canards but the TEDBF looks good, better than the Rafale IMHO.

Continued No# 6 :

FpthXAqakAEWUqv

FplmsNwakAEFw7b

FpthYl4aAAE0INq

Fpn4Js5aMAU6iMs

FpthZ37acAEgkWz

FpthbQ4aIAIKy-H

Last edited:
Did anyone ever questioned Navy about why N-LCA still flying at present form and using IN facilities and even why/who permitted landing on IAC, in fact it is on record that they have rejected N-LCA in present form since it is a single engine fighter.

You are expecting forces to do things after announcing everything to public ? have you ever heard about ORCA (Omni Role Combat Aircraft)

since my lips are stitched, I am only allowed to say this much.

ORCA was an HAL proposal that has gone NOWHERE.

the IAF is simply not going to allow any TEDBF derived Air force variant to endanger it's beloved MRFA. That much is clear as day.

@MirageBlue @kmc_chacko

There is a video that I have seen recently by Defence Matrix, where he talks about Mig29's performing very well on the Chinese border. One of the key points mentioned in the video, that got me interested is the TWR of the aircraft. Due to the rarefied atmosphere in that area, all aircrafts lose the edge due to less oxygen. So a aircraft with more TWR out performs others, and Chinese seem to be banking on mid air refuellers.

The reason am mentioning this is, that ORCA can make good sense in some numbers in this area right? With two engines of Ge 414IN variant class, it has good powerplant on it (I mean the proposed for TEDBF, that eventually can become air variant).

Seems to be some 12 different types somehow planned/shoved down the throat of personnel - has the word commonality and efficiency been dropped from dictionaries?

overlapping capabilities and use cases yet project upon project

Seems to be some 12 different types somehow planned/shoved down the throat of personnel - has the word commonality and efficiency been dropped from dictionaries?

Most of them won't materialize, be it HLFT or ORCA(Airforce variant TEDBF) or F35. The only ones which will see the light of day are Tejas MK1A, MK2 and AMCA in the mid 30s. Rest are all speculations. Even MMRCA has very good chance of not happening and we will most probably order another 36-54 Rafale in Gov-Gov order.

This will be a worry for sure, for the end users. Hope they have some planning

Most of them won't materialize, be it HLFT or ORCA(Airforce variant TEDBF) or F35. The only ones which will see the light of day are Tejas MK1A, MK2 and AMCA in the mid 30s. Rest are all speculations. Even MMRCA has very good chance of not happening and we will most probably order another 36-54 Rafale in Gov-Gov order.
Then why do it? I know everyone wants to shine their foreheads in front of both public and sarkar, but these projects would likely be served well be consolidation rather than what seems to be inter-institutional competition over budget

Then why do it? I know everyone wants to shine their foreheads in front of both public and sarkar, but these projects would likely be served well be consolidation rather than what seems to be inter-institutional competition over budget
Because of cohesive planning by either IAF, Gov, MoD as well as means for various stakeholders especially HAL, ADA to keep the money flowing

GoI is deliberately delaying MRFA so that IAF will end up buying Indian aircrafts including TEDBF.

Same thing happened to LUH and earlier to Mirage 2000.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom