What's new

"AERO INDIA 2015"

The best shows were when the MMRCA deal was still open, now it's just boring (the last one was) especially if you have seen the earlier air shows. Pretty much why I think they have been happy to allow in F-16 & F-15.

I guess it's more of a trade show where defense equipment buyers and sellers interact rather than an audience show.

I guess it's more of a trade show where defense equipment buyers and sellers interact rather than an audience show.

Well the foreign vendors might not be available with the latest fighters anymore, but the Indian market is still big and the vendors have a big eye on it. That's why Airbus reportedly is increasing it's participation, although they might not bring too many actual aircrafts, but models and info brochures. The Israeli presence is constantly increasing too and this year with the PM deepening ties to Israel on defence manufacturing and developments, I expect some nice goodies too. Personally I was eager to see the SPICE 250 and to get more infos on that, same on the SPICE 2000 that reportedly is part of the Mirage 2000 upgrade.
Last but surely not least, our indigenous industry will be present with a lot of stuff too, LCH, Rudra, LCA (and I would ask a ton of questions to any official I can find there) EMB 145 DRDO AWACS...
Not sure how close you can get to HAL, ADA or DRDO, let alone IAF / IN test pilots, but it's certainly a chance to get more credible infos on many developments, that what we are used to from the Indian media.

B853MNdCIAAAILc.jpg
B853NtcCMAA8py5.jpg

That it is, what was being spoken about is the view from the audience perspective.

Well the foreign vendors might not be available with the latest fighters anymore, but the Indian market is still big and the vendors have a big eye on it. That's why Airbus reportedly is increasing it's participation, although they might not bring too many actual aircrafts, but models and info brochures. The Israeli presence is constantly increasing too and this year with the PM deepening ties to Israel on defence manufacturing and developments, I expect some nice goodies too. Personally I was eager to see the SPICE 250 and to get more infos on that, same on the SPICE 2000 that reportedly is part of the Mirage 2000 upgrade.
Last but surely not least, our indigenous industry will be present with a lot of stuff too, LCH, Rudra, LCA (and I would ask a ton of questions to any official I can find there) EMB 145 DRDO AWACS...
Not sure how close you can get to HAL, ADA or DRDO, let alone IAF / IN test pilots, but it's certainly a chance to get more credible infos on many developments, that what we are used to from the Indian media.

I'llc try my best..major part will obviously be floating info...will ask them questions for sure. HAL and ADA - I can do surely because I know many there.

Sir, you certainly need to get yourself to an Aero India show soon so you can ask the right questions and provide us all with the info.... ;)

L

So I was right!! According to DRDO if it is 2030 than actually it might be 2045. :rofl:

By 2025-2030 we will see many 6th generation fighters flying around.

3-lockheed-martin.jpg

Our fifth generation fighter will be a joke.

Wahts that?

And if you have observed recent trend, AMCA will not be delayed.

What is being made in India ? Actuators ?

Not sure was suprised about that too.

Sir, you certainly need to get yourself to an Aero India show soon so you can ask the right questions and provide us all with the info.... ;)

Lol I guess would annoy people with my questions as much as I do it here. But it surely would be interesting, maybe next time.

Lol I guess would annoy people with my questions as much as I do it here. But it surely would be interesting, maybe next time.
Might as well make those defence representatives work for their money sir ;)

BAE Systems to debut next-generation rocket at Aero India

Britain's BAE Systems is to debut a next-generation rocket at the Aero India 2015 exposition that it says will leverage the military's existing infrastructure and inventory and enable low-cost surgical strikes.

The Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) rocket has been "developed as a highly cost-effective solution that leverages the military's existing infrastructure and inventory", a company statement said Friday.
The APKWS turns a standard unguided 2.75-inch (70 mm) rocket into a precision laser-guided rocket "to give warfighters a low-cost surgical strike capability", the statement added.

Currently in its third year of full-rate production, the APKWS rocket has been successfully demonstrated on more than a dozen fixed-wing and rotary-wing platforms including AH-64 Apache, the F-16, the Bell 407, and the AH-1W.
Building on in-theatre success by the US Marines, Jordan has chosen the APKWS for its CASA-235 light gunship aircraft.

The statement said that "encouraged" by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's call, BAE Systems' showcase at the tenth edition of Aero India (Jan 18-22 at Bengaluru) "extends its Make in India commitment to a range of platforms and technologies. Building on the success of its flagship programme in India on the Hawk advanced jet trainer (AJT), the company's pavilion will emphasize the continued development of the Hawk's training, performance and operational capabilities".

India is the largest operator of the Hawk, with 123 aircraft ordered to date, of which over 90 have been delivered to the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy. The Indian Hawks in service have clocked up over 75,000 flying hours.

BAE Systems has also commenced contract negotiations with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on a potential order to supply products and services for the manufacture of a further 20 Hawk aircraft. "The aircraft, to be built by HAL in Bengaluru, will fulfil the Indian Air Force requirement for its prestigious aerobatic team," the statement said.
Marking the company's "continued progress" in partnering Bharat Electronics Limited, the pavilion will dedicate a section to the "Internet for the battlespace" or secure, deployable broadband voice, data and video communications systems, the statement said.

"We have a long history of working with industry in India. Through our various programmes we have worked closely together to develop skills and capabilities in the Defence Industry. Our commitment to this will not change and India remains central to our future strategy," said Chris Boardman, managing director (Military Air and Information) at BAE Systems.

"The backdrop of Make in India at the show this time makes it an excellent platform for us to strengthen existing partnerships and activate new ones," John Brosnan, managing director (India & South East Asia), said.

BAE Systems to debut next-generation rocket at Aero India | Business Standard News
http://www.defencenews.in/defence-news-internal.aspx?id=6zDYAhde5q8=

Global arms majors keen on Modi’s 'Make in India' thrust, head for Aero-India in droves

Global armament majors once again have India on their radars. In the past, they hawked their wares through direct sales to the world's largest arms importer. But this time, they are busy tom-tomming the 'Make in India' slogan to be in perfect tune with the Modi government.

As many as 330 foreign companies are headed for Aero-India 2015 in Bangalore, with another 270 Indian companies also marking their presence at the five-day exhibition, to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 18, officials said.

The biennial Aero-India, in existence since 1996, has become a major platform for armament giants over the last decade with India's emergence as the world largest arms importer, inking as it has defence deals worth well over $60 billion.

India will spend another $120 billion in arms acquisitions over the coming decade, with its 1.5-million strong armed forces still grappling with several operational gaps ranging from fighters and helicopters to artillery and submarines.

IAF alone wants over $35 billion to stem its eroding air combat edge with induction of new fighters and helicopters, mid-air refuellers and transport planes, spy and combat drones, advanced missiles and radars.

46169365.cms

It's no wonder that companies ranging from Boeing, Airbus and Lockheed Martin to BAE Systems, Israeli Aerospace Industries and Dassault Aviation have all queued up, with many bringing their fighters and helicopters for the airshow. "There will be 72 aircraft on display. The US will have the maximum number of companies (64), followed by France (58), UK (48), Russia (41), Israel (25) and Germany (17)," said an official.

With Modi repeatedly proclaiming that one of his top-most priorities is to make India self-reliant in defence production, his 'Make in India' policy will be the airshow's central theme. "Towards this, the defence manufacturing investors' summit and global CEOs conference will be held for the first time. Around 150 CEOs each from foreign and domestic industries have been invited. At least five defence ministers and six military chiefs among the over 60 official delegates from abroad will also be there," he added.

All will be keen to ascertain how exactly the Modi government plans to translate its talk of building a strong domestic defence-industrial base into concrete action on the ground. The hike in FDI cap to 49% in the defence sector, for instance, is yet to fully enthuse global arms companies.

But the pickings are there for all to see. Indian armed forces, for instance, are looking to induct over 1,000 helicopters of different types in the next 15 years, most of which will now be manufactured in India with foreign collaboration.

Indian private companies, many of whom are tying up with global arms firms, are also keen to enter defence production. The government, on its part, is working to remove bottlenecks for arms exports as well as streamlining the complicated 'Make' procedure for indigenous R&D, development and production of weapon systems.

The new 'Make' procedure will include the government funding 80% of the development cost of a weapon prototype, with the industry chipping in with 20%, in "long-gestation and high technological risk projects". The funding could go up to 100% if MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises) are also involved in the venture, officials said.

Global arms majors keen on Modi’s 'Make in India' thrust, head for Aero-India in droves - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

%5E77897D76398D54CBDD050B0BB0B53F4BA2F9D560810B26C43B%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr_588.jpg

During the international exhibition in Bangalore, India, United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation will present promising developments in aviation radio communications, which may be of interest to Asian partners.

The Aero India-2015 exhibition will be held from February 18-22. During this time, planned meetings will take place with representatives from the Indian Air Force and aircraft manufactures from the corporation Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. The sides will discuss the possibility of upgrading the communication equipment of the Su-30MKI Indian fighter jets and also outfitting Russian-Indian aircraft such as the FGFA fighter jet and the MTA transport aircraft with communication equipment.

“Our Asian partners immediately expressed interest in several models of Russian technology,” said Sergey Skokov, Deputy CEO of UIMC. “First of all, we have one of our latest developments for export, the S-112 aviation communication system, which provides a new level of data transmission efficiency. In addition, we are presenting in India the NKVS-27 system for multi-voice communication and information exchange between command posts and tactical aircraft.”

Since 2006, Polyot Research & Production Company, a subsidiary of UIMC, has manufactured the NKVS-27 system for foreign customers with Russian planes. India may also be interested in acquiring the system for communication between aircraft command points and the Su-30MKI fighter jet, the Ka-31 helicopter, and the FGFA and MTA airplanes.

During the Aero India-2015 exhibition, the corporation will also present the on-board S-404 communication system developed by Polyot Research & Production Company, which features an integrated antenna system designed for the Ka-62 helicopter and other types of civilian aircraft. In comparison with similar products, the system has improved quality and range of communication. The system adheres to all international standards regarding radio communication equipment, including signal reception for selective calls. Its military modification provides anti-jamming protection and encryption of data and voice information on both the hardware and software levels.

The AT-E aviation information exchange terminal, also developed by NPP Polet, will Polyot Research & Production Company also be presented at the exhibition. This terminal solves problems related to communication, navigation, identification, and management of various branches of the armed forces, particularly in relation to aviation. The terminal utilizes information exchange network technology, and its characteristics correspond with all similar products (such as JTIDS/MIDS system terminals) utilized by the armies of both the USA and NATO.

Rostec :: News :: UIMC to present promising aviation developments in India

Not sure was suprised about that too.

I think its Game of Psychology Politics; US is Actively become Game Changer with its Active Political Policies, which are Followed by the Britain, Australia, Canada, European Countries(Except France). Basically France is not Supporter of US. US need India's Good Relationship with the US and its Friendly Nations. So might be hence Eurofighter proposal made to India. Moreover Question of Double price readiness is also arise laterly and 10 Billion Project becomes of 20 Billion make Euro Active in it. and also to fight with Rafale as competition too.

Gripen also show Gripen India, and AS TOT Eurofighter named as Made in India. Its Buisness policy "Are Dekhiye, ye Aap ke liye hi bana hai, ek bar try to kijiye" White Bania policy. I think so

BAE Systems to debut next-generation rocket at Aero India

In addition to that:

...The company also has an array of equipment targeted towards India’s rapidly expanding military helicopter fleet.

“This includes the S3000 and Mission Adaptable Crew Seats (MACS). The Striker helmet-mounted display (HMD) too will be present at the Aero Show,” said Brosnan.

Now in service on the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Striker provides comfort, protection, and helmet stability for both fixed- and rotary-wing platforms such as the Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), Apache and the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH),” he explained.

BAE Systems to display precision kill weapon system at Aero India | Business Line

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom