What's new

advantages Of Creation Of Bangladesh To Pakistan

You know Afghanistan(full of Pashtuns) have been invaded or taken over by Mongols,Arabs,Persians,Greeks,Turkics,Indians

And in recent history, the Russians and the USA (now)

You know Afghanistan(full of Pashtuns) have been invaded or taken over by Mongols,Arabs,Persians,Greeks,Turkics,Indians,etc,etc,etc before right? Even right know your people in Afghanistan are being invaded and looted. So your the last person to talk.

lol, so we have been conquered? is that why Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of Empires?

FYI, Pashtun tribes destroyed a whole british indian army of 16,000 troops during the first Anglo Afghan war, while on the other hand you indians submitted to the british (indians always submit to foreigners).

The british lost 3 wars to Afghanistan!

Russia got destroyed in Afghanistan, Mongol hordes were destroyed in Afghanistan, Isfahan was even conquered by Pashtuns, Mughal empire was mostly destroyed due to Pashtuns!

Here's what Alexander of Macedonia said about Afghans when he wrote his letter to his mother:

(In an apocryphal letter to his mother, Alexander supposedly described his encounters with the western and northern tribes:
“ I am involved in the land of a 'Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a well of steel, confronting my soldiers. You have brought only one son into the world, but Everyone in this land can be called an Alexander.)[7] ”

and also:

May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra, teeth of the Tiger and vengeance of the Afghan -Alexander of Macedonia

55% of India's population poor: Report - The Times of India

at least i have sources to back up my claims, what do you have other than your own BS?
That is why, ignorants who cannot understand the difference between living below poverty and living in poverty measured through MPI have to be educated.

First a critique on the MPI for measuring the number of Poor people itself. And this is straight from the Horse's mouth, Martin Ravillion, Director of the WB's Research group. And the measure adopted by the WB is the more widely followed one, since MPI is a theory stooped in flaws, where in the Sample sizes to determine the Measures itself are quite small.
The MPI is a composite of indicators selected for consistency with the UNDP’s famous Human Development Index (HDI). The HDI uses aggregate country-level data, while the MPI uses household-level data, which is then aggregated to country level. The index has ten components; two represent health (malnutrition, and child mortality), two are educational achievements (years of schooling and school enrolment), and six aim to capture “living standards” (including both access to services and proxies for household wealth). The three broad categories–health, education, and living standards–are weighted equally (one-third each) to form the composite index.

One can debate the precise indicators chosen for the MPI by the Oxford team (who are clearly aware of the many data concerns). For example, the MPI’s six “living standard” indicators are likely to be correlated with consumption or income, but they are unlikely to be very responsive to economic fluctuations. The MPI would probably not capture well the impacts on poor people of economic downturns (such as the Global Financial Crisis) or rapid upswings in macro-economic performance.

The precise indicators used in the MPI were not in fact chosen because they are the best available data on each dimension of poverty. Rather they were chosen because the methodology used by the MPI requires that the analyst has all the indicators for exactly the same sampled household. So they must all come from one survey. There is much better data available on virtually all of the components of the MPI, but these better data can’t be used in the MPI since they are only available from different surveys. This aspect of their methodology greatly constrains the exercise. If one chooses not to form the composite at household level but to look instead at the separate dimensions of poverty one is free to choose the best available data on each dimension of poverty.

There is a deeper concern about the MPI, which holds even if the best data all came from just one survey. The index is essentially adding up “apples and oranges” without knowing their relative price. When one measures aggregate consumption from household-survey data for the purpose of measuring poverty, as in the World Bank’s “$1 a day” measures, one relies on economic theory, which says that (under certain conditions) market prices provide the correct weights for aggregation. We have no such theory for an index like the MPI. A decision has to be taken, and no consensus exists on how the multiple dimensions should be weighted to form the composite index.

On closer scrutiny, the embedded trade-offs (stemming from the weights chosen by the analyst) can be questioned, and may be unacceptable to many people. In the context of the HDI, I pointed out 15 years ago that by aggregating GDP per capita with life expectancy the HDI implicitly put a value on an extra year of life, and I showed that this value rises from a very low level in poor countries to a remarkably high level in rich ones (4-5 times GDP per capita). If it was made clearer to users, I expect that they would question this trade-off embedded in the HDI.

Now, you required my source, Here's my source.

Really? is that so? then why has indias poverty stricken population increased by 100 million?

100 million more Indians now living in poverty | Reuters

so much for improvements eh?
The principle reasons : Inflation due to global rise in Prices, Economic Recession which led to an adverse correction strategy to account for the prices of basic ameneties. And BTW, the article you quoted, has the number of people living below Poverty line as 37.2% (increasing from 27.5%), whereas earlier you contradicted it that it was 55% ; So, either revise your figures or your understanding of Poverty Measurements. Either ways, enlighten yourself.

Urdu uses mostly Persian and Arabic alphabet and a mixture of hindi and Farsi words. It originated from india. At least its not a foreign European language.
But since India is a foreign nation for Pakistanis, that makes you speaking a Foreign Language. And even English is an Official Language for Pakistan, just like it is for India. No wonder, a National language where 8% of the people speak it. Go figure !!!

support your silly childish claims with sources otherwise shut your trap!
Well, here you go !!! The Link. Or a much simpler Document for you in its essence here.

maybe that's how you were born! I'm a full Pashtun and unlike you i don't have a inferiority complex!
I didn't know of any conversion in Hinduism, the last time i read my scriptures ; It is only the Abrahamic religions that believe in Conversion. And weren't Pashtuns themselves descendants of the Hebrew tribes ? So are you telling me that your previous generations were Jews at one point of time ?

Mughal empire was mostly destroyed due to Pashtuns!

Mughals didnt lose to Pashtuns. They fought costly wars with the Marathas that bankrupted the nation. The emperor that was leading the empire was a intolerant nut head. Mughals lost huge alliances with the rajputs. And the Marathas went inroad on their territory.

Alexander of Macedonia said about Afghans

And whats your point? They still took Afghanistan over. Later the Mauryan-Indians and then again the Indo-Greek Kingdoms.

Mongol hordes were destroyed in Afghanistan

No the territory(Afghanistan) belonged to Persians, Mongols swallowed it, including Afghanistan.

hand you indians submitted to the british

Yes, and Pashtuns to the Arab, Persian, Turkic, Mongol, Indian, etc empires. Your point?

That is why, ignorants who cannot understand the difference between living below poverty and living in poverty measured through MPI have to be educated.

First a critique on the MPI for measuring the number of Poor people itself. And this is straight from the Horse's mouth, Martin Ravillion, Director of the WB's Research group. And the measure adopted by the WB is the more widely followed one, since MPI is a theory stooped in flaws, where in the Sample sizes to determine the Measures itself are quite small.

Now, you required my source, Here's my source.

The principle reasons : Inflation due to global rise in Prices, Economic Recession which led to an adverse correction strategy to account for the prices of basic ameneties. And BTW, the article you quoted, has the number of people living below Poverty line as 37.2% (increasing from 27.5%), whereas earlier you contradicted it that it was 55% ; So, either revise your figures or your understanding of Poverty Measurements. Either ways, enlighten yourself.

so is this supposed to change the fact that your countrymen live off of *** meat and mud?

But since India is a foreign nation for Pakistanis, that makes you speaking a Foreign Language. And even English is an Official Language for Pakistan, just like it is for India. No wonder, a National language where 8% of the people speak it. Go figure

Pakistan was once a part of india before 1947, so how can india be "foreign" to Pakistan, especially considering the fact that the founding fathers of Pakistan spoke Urdu? And this still doesn't hide the fact that your country is stricken with a serious case of inferiority complex so go figure!!!

Well, here you go !!! The Link. Or a much simpler Document for you in its essence here.

below is what your source says:

The term Urdu derives from a Turkish word ordu meaning camp or army. The Urdu language developed between the Muslim soldiers of the Mughals armies who belonged to various ethnicities like Turks, Arabs, Persians, Pathans, Balochis, Rajputs, Jats and Afghans.

present day Pakistan has Pashtuns (Pathans in hindi), Balochis, Rajputs, and Jats in its population, so then how is Urdu foreign to Pakistan?

I didn't know of any conversion in Hinduism, the last time i read my scriptures ; It is only the Abrahamic religions that believe in Conversion. And weren't Pashtuns themselves descendants of the Hebrew tribes ? So are you telling me that your previous generations were Jews at one point of time ?

No, i'm telling you that my ancestors conquered and looted india 10 times withing 20 years! And Yes, Pashtuns are descendants of Jews who are also Monotheistic and not hindus!

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are all Abrahamic faiths!

Mughals didnt lose to Pashtuns. They fought costly wars with the Marathas that bankrupted the nation. The emperor that was leading the empire was a intolerant nut head. Mughals lost huge alliances with the rajputs. And the Marathas went inroad on their territory.

And whats your point? They still took Afghanistan over. Later the Mauryan-Indians and then again the Indo-Greek Kingdoms.

No the territory(Afghanistan) belonged to Persians, Mongols swallowed it, including Afghanistan.

Yes, and Pashtuns to the Arab, Persian, Turkic, Mongol, Indian, etc empires. Your point?

yawn...................., wheres your sources? stop making a joke of yourself and don't be lazy, it can't be that hard in looking up sources!

and it looks like you cut more than half of my previous post!

Last edited:
yawn...................., wheres your sources? stop making a joke of yourself and don't be lazy, it can't be that hard in looking up sources!

What the empires that took over Afghanistan? ok..

Indian

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3679-mauryan-empire-2.jpg

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3680-mauryan-empire.jpg

Arab Caliphates

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3690-abbasids.png

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3697-umayyand-arab.png

Mongol

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3696-mongol-empire.jpg

Central Turkic-Mongols

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3698-timuridempire.png

Greeks

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3699-greek-empire.gif

More? You want to talk about invasions know?

Most Pakistanis don't speak Urdu as our first language anyway. Punjabis speak Punjabi, Sindhis speak Sindhi, Pashtun speak Pashto, ect

What the empires that took over Afghanistan? ok..

Indian

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3679-mauryan-empire-2.jpg

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3680-mauryan-empire.jpg

Arab Caliphates

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3690-abbasids.png

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3697-umayyand-arab.png

Mongol

Central Turkic-Mongols(Timurids)

Greek

More? You want to talk about invasions know?

:lol: what you seem to not notice (maybe you ignore) the fact that these armies were very large in numbers and they would overwhelm the Afghans, but however Afghans would resist continuously and eventually the enemy would get worn down and withdraw, and this is exactly what we're seeing today! Afghans never submit to foreigners and serve them tea (unlike some people).

Although Afghanistan has endured successive waves of Persian, Greek, Arab, Turk, Mongol, British, and Soviet invaders, no occupying power has ever successfully conquered it. There's a reason why it has been described as the "graveyard of empires," and unless America scales down its objectives, it risks meeting a similar fate.

Escaping the "Graveyard of Empires": A Strategy to Exit Afghanistan | Malou Innocent and Ted Galen Carpenter | Cato Institute: White Paper

Mongols withdrew from Afghanistan, the Persians were kicked out of Afghanistan and eventually Pashtuns tribes captured the Persian capital Isfahan

Since you can post pics of maps, here my reply to you:

Remnants_of_an_army2.jpg

'Remnants of an Army' by Elizabeth Butler portraying William Brydon arriving at the gates of Jalalabad as the only survivor of a 16,500 strong evacuation from Kabul in January 1842.

Afghan-war.jpg

http://www.ozebook.com/ozebook2/indus.htm

what you seem to not notice (maybe you ignore) the fact that these armies were very large in numbers and they would overwhelm the Afghans, but however Afghans would resist continuously and eventually the enemy would get worn down and withdraw, and this is exactly what we're seeing today!

Maybe the fact they were militarily superior to the Pashtuns didn't matter at all?

Great you beat the British from talking over Afghanistan. But what about these MANY empires that just swallowed Afghanistan? You were talking about a Pashtun leader that used looted Northern India right? You think people did loot and take over Afghanistan whole many times?

no occupying power has ever successfully conquered it.

Yes, people have through religion and culture. Before Pashtons were Muslims what do you think they praticed? Buddhism and Zoroastrianism. This was through the Mauryan empire and Kushans. Then the Arabs came and took your land over and installed Islam.

And we submit to foreginers? Bro Afghanistan was continually ruled by foreigners.

Medes
Achaemenid Persians
Alexander the Great(Greeks)
Seleucids(Greeks)
Mauryan
Greco-Bactrians(Indo-Greek kingdoms)
Sakas
Parthians
Kushans (Buddhist, Shavist)
Sassanids(Persians)
Kidarites(Turkics)
Hephthalites (White Huns) (Turkics mostly)
Kabul Shahi(Buddhist,Hindus)
Islamic conquest(Arabic invasion)
Janjua Rajput
Ghaznavids(There, Pashtuns)
Ghorids (Pashtuns)
Mongols
Timurids
Ok I dont need to go on, you get the idea.

later the Durrani Empire.(Pashtuns)

Last edited:
Maybe the fact they were militarily superior to the Pashtuns didn't matter at all?

no actually it doesn't and didn't matter at all! Weren't the Soviets militarily superior but they got their a**** handed to them! And don't give me that crap that due to America's support they defeated USSR because if that was the case than tell me who's supporting the Talibs today against the most powerful and advanced military? (NOTE: i don't support the Talibans so don't get any ideas)

Great you beat the British from talking over Afghanistan. But what about these MANY empires that just swallowed Afghanistan? You were talking about a Pashtun leader that used looted Northern India right? You think people did loot and take over Afghanistan whole many times?

The empires you mentioned all eventually withdrew from Afghanistan! Why? because they couldn't support the occupation no more, they were worn out and bogged down just as NATO is today in Afghanistan.

Yes, people have through religion and culture. Before Pashtons were Muslims what do you think they praticed? Buddhism and Zoroastrianism. This was through the Mauryan empire and Kushans. Then the Arabs came and took your land over and installed Islam.

not really, the Arabs did encounter resistance from the Afghan tribes.

Last edited:
And we submit to foreginers? Bro Afghanistan was continually ruled by foreigners.

Medes
Achaemenid Persians
Alexander the Great(Greeks)
Seleucids
Mauryan
Greco-Bactrians(Indo-Greek kingdoms)
Sakas
Parthians
Kushans (Buddhist, Shavist)
Sassanids(Persians)
Kidarites(Turkics)
Hephthalites (White Huns) (Turkics mostly)
Kabul Shahi(Buddhist,Hindus)
Islamic conquest(Arabic invasion)
Janjua Rajput
Ghaznavids(There, Pashtuns)
Ghorids (Pashtuns)
Mongols
Timurids
Ok I dont need to go on, you get the idea.

and tell me how many of these empires remained in Afghanistan? they all eventually met their fate! Afghanistan was never ruled by anyone except by the Afghans themselves!

However india was ruled by almost everyone that invaded it!

In that list of yours you are also contradicting yourself, i highlighted many Pashtun and Afghan empires.

Last edited:
another thread derailed by indians, thanks to perceptron!

and tell me how many of these empires remained in Afghanistan? they all eventually met their fate!

All empire fall.

they couldn't support the occupation no more

No, they were just replaced by another foreigner.

another thread derailed by indians, thanks to perceptron!

Who was the one talking about his people invaded and looting India? How we submit to foreigners? So please save it.

i highlighted many Pashtun and Afghan empires

Timurids are not Pashtun, they are Turkic-Mongols.

This is you

i'm of the same blood as those who conquered and looted india 10 times in 20 years. I'm of the same blood as those who defeated and humiliated hindu armies at the battle of Panipat

Thinking your people didnt get looted or invaded, please.

:wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom