What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

Screw that!! FY-23 diamond wings all the way man!!

Actually, the ealier design, just as the YF23 once was a tailless design too. Anyway, both are far away from the YF23 and have no common design goals, sadly too little out of the box design these days.

Lets divide ADA in two and have two competing designs :devil:
We already have 2 design houses, ADA and HAL, we just don't use them properly.

AMCA TFX KFX ATD-X.PNG

AMCA,TFX, KFX, ATD-X, all similar medium class twin engined fighters.

To negotiate on licence production, ToT or joint development, because Turkey and S. Korea might get away with that deals and all we can hope for, is to order the engines they develop too.

but requirement may not be same ....that might led into different engine development

but requirement may not be same ....that might led into different engine development

By the fact that they all have similar size, weight and twin engine config, they all consider the same engines current EJ200 or uprated EJ230, current GE414 or uprated EPE.

By the fact that they all have similar size, weight and twin engine config, they all consider the same engines current EJ200 or uprated EJ230, current GE414 or uprated EPE.
how so?....... TFX KFX will be closer to 10 tonne............where AMCA will be closer to ~14 tonne ............for former case a lower thrust engine will be needed compared to in case of AMCA more higher thrust will be needed........don't you think

how so?....... TFX KFX will be closer to 10 tonne............where AMCA will be closer to ~14 tonne ............for former case a lower thrust engine will be needed compared to in case of AMCA more higher thrust will be needed........don't you think

Depends on the performance you want, the KFX might be ok with the normal GE 414, since they seems to aim on carrying only A2A loads internally, not to mention that the EPE will offer downsides in cost terms. The TFX however will be pretty much in the size of AMCA and surely aim on more performance than the F35 offers.

Depends on the performance you want, the KFX might be ok with the normal GE 414, since they seems to aim on carrying only A2A loads internally, not to mention that the EPE will offer downsides in cost terms. The TFX however will be pretty much in the size of AMCA (???)and surely aim on more performance than the F35 offers.
do you know the weight of TFX that will make thing clear...........
but its wrong think that we not be going for performance

and as you said it will lead into bad position for AMCA..........but i think ADA can still get into JV GE for engine because TAI still not declared their choice and we already did RFI for engine required for AMCA
if they choses GE than we can still might get into JV with TAI & GE ...if we move quickly

It also need to remember that we are buying F414 so there is plenty chance that we will be going for GE........ actually we should (hell with RFI and negotiation when we are already buying from them) considering that we will have a assembly line for GE F414.......

Why send to US for wind tunnel test?

Because DRDO doesn't learn from mistakes and keeps making developments dependent on the US with the risk of denied support.

do you know the weight of TFX that will make thing clear...........
but its wrong think that we not be going for performance

No I think they are still in concept stage, but decided for the twin engine varient now. And what DRDO thinks is always not really important. They wanted to develop it as a strike fighter to make it look comparable to F35 with low performance, but IAF requires multi role fighter with advanced performance like Supercruise and now even TVC is considered. All that and the weight of the fighter will make high thrust inevitable, but what comes out of it at the end is a different issue.

and as you said it will lead into bad position for AMCA..........but i think ADA can still get into JV GE for engine

They will be able to fund the EPE engine, but only as long as Korea doesn't do it. That's the point, if they go for the EPE first, they will supply export customers and Boeing is trying hard to combine the Korean project with F18SH upgrades.

because TAI still not declared their choice

The latest news is, that they signed MoUs with Eurojet for joint systems of the EJ 200 and that hints to a clear direction. Saab as a partner for the design, Eurojet as the engine provider, some parts from the US..., as I said, they get things done.

Because DRDO doesn't learn from mistakes and keeps making developments dependent on the US with the risk of denied support.
this is very important point you have said ........but i think EPE will going to be taken .....courtesy F414=> and their investment and infra
No I think they are still in concept stage, but decided for the twin engine varient now. And what DRDO thinks is always not really important. They wanted to develop it as a strike fighter to make it look comparable to F35 with low performance, but IAF requires multi role fighter with advanced performance like Supercruise and now even TVC is considered. All that and the weight of the fighter will make high thrust inevitable, but what comes out of it at the end is a different issue.
ada will come with heavier medium combat fighter ,,like F18SH... i think...actually they should
They will be able to fund the EPE engine, but only as long as Korea doesn't do it. That's the point, if they go for the EPE first, they will supply export customers and Boeing is trying hard to combine the Korean project with F18SH upgrades.
yeah that true........i don't know what is the use of RFI........directly negotiate like others are doing ...negotiating takes lot of time
The latest news is, that they signed MoUs with Eurojet for joint systems of the EJ 200 and that hints to a clear direction. Saab as a partner for the design, Eurojet as the engine provider, some parts from the US..., as I said, they get things done.
i think ADA should take help from boeing for design and GE for engine
  • boeing have dealt with heavier medium aircraft, AMCA will be in that class only .....F18 = good for navalising AMCA
  • they have worked with EPE engine
and GE for engine development ....i know it will be depending americans but when you have already buying engine wht not use the opportunity in fullest

Last edited:
i know it will be depending americans but when you have already buying engine wht not use the opportunity in fullest

Their relations to Korea are closer and they still don't share any critical techs with us, so don't expect too much there. They won't have anything against us funding their EPE engine upgrade, but they won't share any of it's techs, so we won't get any benefits for our engine programs. We hardly assemble the GE engine in India, while the EJ offer included ToT and joint development of critical techs and we should had taken that offer back then and combined it with a joint development for Kaveri. It would be silly if we make the same mistake for AMCA with an US engine again, but with DRDO's habit of looking to the US, it wouldn't be surprising too.

Turkey is closing in on teaming up with Eurojet, to provide them with an engine for their coming stealth fighter, while GE is the most likely choice for South Korea for their KFX stealth fighter, which puts India even more in the bad position for AMCA. It will be funny if we reject Rafale and already cancelled the Kaveri engine, to be forced to take Snecmas offer to jointly develop the Kaveri K10 engine at the end, which might not even provide the necessary thrust.
What about Pratt & Whitney or Russian?

Why cant we use the snecma engines which are on Rafale...if the MMRCA deal is done. We also get TOT on that.

I like the latest iteration.

FrxSvDN.png

The angle of the canted vertical stabilizers. The fuselage and wing form. Unfortunately we cannot see the inlets from the front to fully appreciate the unique shape.

The Americans bring with them unique opportunities. At this point it is likely, not guaranteed, that GE will provide the engines, perhaps the EPE. There are certain "additions" which would add real value to the AMCA, think the EODAS and integrated Northrop ThNDR. We were willing to go through the lengthy process of integrating third party OEM equipment on an imported platform (MKI), we should be willing to do the same for our indigenous platform as well.

The nose section looks so elongated and looks like it is pointing out from the main airframe. It would look even better if they shortened the nose length.

Back
Top Bottom