What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

MRCA conceived : 2004
MRCA Selected : 2012
MRCA Deal signed : .. ???????
Plane inducted.: ..???????????

:D :D :D

2017 if any of the 2 MMRCA's will be chosen, so even with delays, MoD can fix MMRCA faster than DRDO develop anything.

2017 if any of the 2 MMRCA's will be chosen, so even with delays, MoD can fix MMRCA faster than DRDO develop anything.

Of course.. But all DRDO is asking for is 5% of what we are willing to spend on French Fries and thats a reasonable demand.

Of course.. But all DRDO is asking for is 5% of what we are willing to spend on French Fries and thats a reasonable demand.

Just that the one is development cost and the other procurement cost. Just that DRDO has a history of costincreases due to development delays and still don't deliver.

Just that the one is development cost and the other procurement cost. Just that DRDO has a history of costincreases due to development delays and still don't deliver.

DRDO/ADA has started to deliver and their first baby is going to fly very soon. Rs. 5000 Crores is expandable if it helps in creating a Medium class fighter which will replace SU-30MKI. Its anyway too small an amount for a dream this big. Especially when this time they are being pragmatic and are going to select an engine now itself and will design a fighter around this.

DRDO/ADA has started to deliver and their first baby is going to fly very soon.

No they haven't as shown in my last post, LCA FOC, NP2 even DRDO AWACS induction, all delayed and behind promises and should I even start about Kaveri?

Rs. 5000 Crores is expandable if it helps in creating a Medium class fighter which will replace SU-30MKI.

If it would be meant for the MKI replacement, I would be all for it, but that would be the case only beyond 2030! Because then we actually will have the need of a new type of fighter to replace an older one, but DRDO doesn't really care about what IAF or IN really needs. They want to develop a stealth fighter on their own, because they are just watching from the sideline in the FGFA project.

Its anyway too small an amount for a dream this big. Especially when this time they are being pragmatic and are going to select an engine now itself and will design a fighter around this.

Pragmatic, or forced? and by the fact that there is not a single engine available today, that offers the necessary power, we have to invest in the upgrade / development of a foreign engine first, so that will cost us much too.

Turkey is closing in on teaming up with Eurojet, to provide them with an engine for their coming stealth fighter, while GE is the most likely choice for South Korea for their KFX stealth fighter, which puts India even more in the bad position for AMCA. It will be funny if we reject Rafale and already cancelled the Kaveri engine, to be forced to take Snecmas offer to jointly develop the Kaveri K10 engine at the end, which might not even provide the necessary thrust.

Sort of disappointed with the AMCA design as I was really hoping for it to be the tailless delta shown in the earliest concepts, however I can understand that the safer bet is the way to go.

Turkey is closing in on teaming up with Eurojet, to provide them with an engine for their coming stealth fighter, while GE is the most likely choice for South Korea for their KFX stealth fighter, which puts India even more in the bad position for AMCA. It will be funny if we reject Rafale and already cancelled the Kaveri engine, to be forced to take Snecmas offer to jointly develop the Kaveri K10 engine at the end, which might not even provide the necessary thrust.

WTH we even the Turks & Koreans are beating us

how??

Sort of disappointed with the AMCA design as I was really hoping for it to be the tailless delta shown in the earliest concepts, however I can understand that the safer bet is the way to go.

I like the latest iteration.

FrxSvDN.png

The angle of the canted vertical stabilizers. The fuselage and wing form. Unfortunately we cannot see the inlets from the front to fully appreciate the unique shape.

The Americans bring with them unique opportunities. At this point it is likely, not guaranteed, that GE will provide the engines, perhaps the EPE. There are certain "additions" which would add real value to the AMCA, think the EODAS and integrated Northrop ThNDR. We were willing to go through the lengthy process of integrating third party OEM equipment on an imported platform (MKI), we should be willing to do the same for our indigenous platform as well.

Indian aerospace field is totally sucks.
They changed AMCA design a lot frequently due to changing requirements and uncertainity.

Which design is that? I havent seen it.

Tell me about it, I still route for it especially as a stealth design, since lesser reflecting areas in form of fins should benefit the low RCS idea. It might pose difficulties for a stealth fighter, that already come with a pretty heavy emptyweight at the center, which only will be increased if you aim for a large delta wing. I guess that was one of the problems Boeings X32 had too and we currently see the problem with LCA to an extend as well, when the size of the wing can create problems with drag. But still, with the it's nuts if we don't take the advantages of the FGFA project as well as what we gained from 30 years LCA into develop something that combines both, rather than doing what everybody do.
On the other hand, there must be something about it, why the F22, the KFX,TFX, ATD-X and AMCA have pretty much the same twin engine and wing design configuration.

WTH we even the Turks & Koreans are beating us

What do you mean with even? The Koreans are technically and industrially ahead of us, the Turks play it smart and make things work contrary to us, so both projects are far more likely to be successful than AMCA developed by ADA / DRDO.

To negotiate on licence production, ToT or joint development, because Turkey and S. Korea might get away with that deals and all we can hope for, is to order the engines they develop too.

Indian aerospace field is totally sucks.
They changed AMCA design a lot frequently due to changing requirements and uncertainity.

AMCA development 1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom