What's new

ADA has just scrambled jets

Keep it up boys ! We know u will make our country proud ! Buzz em up every now and then !

PS: we wish no war but u'll start it and we'll end it !

Honestly, Pakistan Army needs to put a barrier on social media. If a war was to every break out, India would know ever step we're taking just by logging onto Twitter or Facebook.

Last edited:
I dont know why i have a strange feeling... Just sixth sense and nothing else...i think.for sure theres no war going to take place... But india under modi..will try to do something....like they will try to send their jets into our airspace like they did in 2001 and after mumbai too..to check our response initially..might be nothing serious..but some shararat....just to check our readiness....but dont know why PAF this time, doesnt seem serious to me, lolllll...call me stupid or anything...but i have this strange gut feeling... I mean as i said before too, everything is soooo calm and composed here....tht i have now started to feel ke kahin hum kuch ziada hi non serious aur light tu nahi le rahay indian threats ko? Especially PAF because theres absolutely no statement from them , or war like feel from them at all.... Only regular exercises... In 2001 or mumbai, you could still get the feel from PAF side..but this time...hum kuch ziada hi calm or composed hai, esp PAF...kahin ye tu nahi soch rahay k pehlay bhi kuch nahi hua..ab bhi nahi hoga.... Dnt know whether they are on war time alert, yet on not......Atleast Army chief made few statements but nothing at all from PAF side..exercise is preplanned....the main threat is not from indian army but from IAF..even after mumbai, IAF tried to send some sorties.PAF needs to be more vigilant..i know even if PAF is on alert, not everything comes on media....but i dont get tht feeling this time , from PAF from some strange reason ...
I dont know...what i am talking abt...i know its nonsense...i cant even explain it..but its just a gut feeling..some strange gut feeling tht PAF is not taking indian threats seriously.....lolll...
Ok now dont beat me , ppl.... I just had to say it all this, no matter how stupid my gut feeling is...

Not exactly true, see ... your gut feelings cannot dictate as to what is happening or not .. the idea that we're "taking it easy" on them is not really true, in fact I'd say it's the furthest thing from reality. PAF compared to 2001, or 2008 doesn't NEED to go out and "issue statements" ...

In 2001, we had what we call the "operation sentinel" during the stand off, in which the ACM Mushaf Ali Mir actually ended up challangeing IAF to "just try and enter our airspace"

In 2008 with the whole media campaign of "surgical strikes" the PAF ended up intercepting the MKI's and The M2K's that violated our airspace .. and then the deployment of assets on our FOB's and CAP missions ... ended up in deescalation of the situation.

But, here is the difference between PAF16, as compared to PAF01/PAF08

-Inflight refueling capability
-Two different types of AWACS
-Other types of force multipliers e.g. New SAMS/C4I etc.
-BVR capability ( Aim 120 C/ SD-10A)
-Induction of two new platforms and upgrades of old platforms (18 F-16 blk-52+ MLU program + JFT blk I+II resulting in nearly 120-140 highly potent 4th gen platforms)
-Capability to operate from motorways etc etc. and I'm sure Im missing quite a few things ...

In essence, the PAF of today is an entirely new variable and the edge that IAF had back in say 2001/2008 has all but disappeared to the degree where they have their numbers falling and serious serviceability issues with their Russian equipment. The numerical disparity ratio which was traditionally 1:3 has fallen to 1:1.7 ... so you get the drift ..

At this stage, a statement has already been given by the COAS -- and PAF is literally carrying out one of it's biggest exercises (Hihgmark-16) to show it's muscle where you have F-1'6s soaring over the skies of Islamabad on a regular basis. If that's not a "statement" I don't know what is ..

It was probing ....check location and warming up enemy SA units on ground. Its regular

Yes i know but that's a totally different scenario :-)and here there's a small chance of war and giving out these types of sensitive info is not right imo.
Thing is learn live with social media. Its not going to anywhere. Even all forces are using it (for there adv.) And you are also using it .......
Thing is grow up and don't get fooled by these media reports, here in pdf 80% are unnecessarly fighting on false media news or stating living is false Paradise

Frequent scrambles on either side (Pakistan and India) are very, very common even in relatively peaceful times with no apparent tension at the borders. There are various reasons for this, one especially interesting reason is when either side instigates a scramble by making certain moves with its aircraft to see what intelligence they can gather in terms of scramble times, aircraft deployment and other tactics employed by the enemy. This happens in most sophisticated arenas of air warfare including Turkey and Greece, NATO and now Russia, between Israel and its surrounding adversaries .etc. etc.

Not exactly true, see ... your gut feelings cannot dictate as to what is happening or not .. the idea that we're "taking it easy" on them is not really true, in fact I'd say it's the furthest thing from reality. PAF compared to 2001, or 2008 doesn't NEED to go out and "issue statements" ...

In 2001, we had what we call the "operation sentinel" during the stand off, in which the ACM Mushaf Ali Mir actually ended up challangeing IAF to "just try and enter our airspace"

In 2008 with the whole media campaign of "surgical strikes" the PAF ended up intercepting the MKI's and The M2K's that violated our airspace .. and then the deployment of assets on our FOB's and CAP missions ... ended up in deescalation of the situation.

-Induction of two new platforms and upgrades of old platforms (18 F-16 blk-52+ MLU program + JFT blk I+II resulting in nearly 120-140 highly potent 4th gen platforms)
-Capability to operate from motorways etc etc. and I'm sure Im missing quite a few things ...

In essence, the PAF of today is an entirely new variable and the edge that IAF had back in say 2001/2008 has all but disappeared to the degree where they have their numbers falling and serious serviceability issues with their Russian equipment. The numerical disparity ratio which was traditionally 1:3 has fallen to 1:1.7 ... so you get the drift ..

At this stage, a statement has already been given by the COAS -- and PAF is literally carrying out one of it's biggest exercises (Hihgmark-16) to show it's muscle where you have F-1'6s soaring over the skies of Islamabad on a regular basis. If that's not a "statement" I don't know what is ..

Thanks for clarifications and insights. I've read that IAF has pilot to aircraft ration of 0.8 whereas PAF has >2. Does it work as a multiplier?

I agree with you...in a separate post of another thread i mentioned this that the best time India would ever get was in 2008 after Mumbai Attack..
At that time Pakistan did not had the capabilities we have now..
we did not had Block 52 F16, No AWACS, No Air Refueling , J17 thunder were not operational and were not war worthy.
No MLU F16,
No BVR capabilities,
No Spade 2000 Sams and lot more we area unaware of...
Now India has to face which was not there before..

I dont know why i have a strange feeling... Just sixth sense and nothing else...i think.for sure theres no war going to take place... But india under modi..will try to do something....like they will try to send their jets into our airspace like they did in 2001 and after mumbai too..to check our response initially..might be nothing serious..but some shararat....just to check our readiness....but dont know why PAF this time, doesnt seem serious to me, lolllll...call me stupid or anything...but i have this strange gut feeling... I mean as i said before too, everything is soooo calm and composed here....tht i have now started to feel ke kahin hum kuch ziada hi non serious aur light tu nahi le rahay indian threats ko? Especially PAF because theres absolutely no statement from them , or war like feel from them at all.... Only regular exercises... In 2001 or mumbai, you could still get the feel from PAF side..but this time...hum kuch ziada hi calm or composed hai, esp PAF...kahin ye tu nahi soch rahay k pehlay bhi kuch nahi hua..ab bhi nahi hoga.... Dnt know whether they are on war time alert, yet on not......Atleast Army chief made few statements but nothing at all from PAF side..exercise is preplanned....the main threat is not from indian army but from IAF..even after mumbai, IAF tried to send some sorties.PAF needs to be more vigilant..i know even if PAF is on alert, not everything comes on media....but i dont get tht feeling this time , from PAF from some strange reason ...
I dont know...what i am talking abt...i know its nonsense...i cant even explain it..but its just a gut feeling..some strange gut feeling tht PAF is not taking indian threats seriously.....lolll...
Ok now dont beat me , ppl.... I just had to say it all this, no matter how stupid my gut feeling is...
No professional armed forces will ever take a threat of this magnitude non seriously. PAF is already involved in an exercise and this is a best way to disguise the response under military exercise. PAF has practice landing over motorways, AD scramble alerts, closing of airspace, most importantly marking of targets inside India. None of these shows as a non serious attitude. Imagine what will happen to the moral of the armed forces and people if India actually is successful in striking Pakistan without getting blown out in the sky.

I agree with you...in a separate post of another thread i mentioned this that the best time India would ever get was in 2008 after Mumbai Attack..
At that time Pakistan did not had the capabilities we have now..
we did not had Block 52 F16, No AWACS, No Air Refueling , J17 thunder were not operational and were not war worthy.
No MLU F16,
No BVR capabilities,
No Spade 2000 Sams and lot more we area unaware of...
Now India has to face which was not there before..
Just to add, Indians had pretty much all the equipment back then that they have now.

The second phase of the exercise has now kicked in, if you hear the ground rumbling, you will know the demolition derby is taking place.

14291799_1047306822043278_7162563269104283095_n.jpg

@abdulbarijan @Humble Analyst @IceCold thanks for your response..
the exercise was already pre planned na? Its not something tht is done nw, as a response... Or we can also say tht the timing of this exercis is just fortunately a God sent opportnity for us...
Anyways..as i already said ..tht i know it was must my gut feeling tht could be and as u all said, also is hopefully just plain wrong...and i am just being stupid..thts it
But maybe its due to another reason... I can speak for my self only..dont know abt others...but my confidence in PAF has shaken in tha last few years... Although its not related i know.......i know theres a HUGE difference between US and India, whether its technology wise, or even our foreign relationswhich determines our / PAF response...in any event/scenario... But stll my psyche has been greatly affected due to absolutely lack of response from PAF in Abottabad mission or during Salala attack...Paf was there nowhere to be seen... Now i exactly dont know whether it was due to the nature of our relations with US or the technological difference..which thankfully isnt the case netween PAF and IAF right now technologically.....in Salala case, specially, US and Pak relations were absolutely at an all time low already.. Abottabad mission had happened just few months ago..so ther could be somPAF response at tht time...since it was also well within Pakistan's territory..but as i said i am not sure whether at tht time PAF was caught by surprise, which shouldnt have been the case as Abottabad had already happened or there no response was just due to the fear of political fallout afterwards tht could happen.
Whatever the case, those two incidents had a great impact on my psyche... I literally had few sleepless nights after abottabad...i couldnt sleep..my confidence in PAf has shaken since, a bit... Before tht, all we read were heroic stories of PAF.. So couldnt digest those events... Maybe tht fear is still at the back of my mind, which is the reason of my gut feeling right now

@abdulbarijan @Humble Analyst @IceCold thanks for your response..
the exercise was already pre planned na? Its not something tht is done nw, as a response... Or we can also say tht the timing of this exercis is just fortunately a God sent opportnity for us...
Anyways..as i already said ..tht i know it was must my gut feeling tht could be and as u all said, also is hopefully just plain wrong...and i am just being stupid..thts it
But maybe its due to another reason... I can speak for my self only..dont know abt others...but my confidence in PAF has shaken in tha last few years... Although its not related i know.......i know theres a HUGE difference between US and India, whether its technology wise, or even our foreign relationswhich determines our / PAF response...in any event/scenario... But stll my psyche has been greatly affected due to absolutely lack of response from PAF in Abottabad mission or during Salala attack...Paf was there nowhere to be seen... Now i exactly dont know whether it was due to the nature of our relations with US or the technological difference..which thankfully isnt the case netween PAF and IAF right now technologically.....in Salala case, specially, US and Pak relations were absolutely at an all time low already.. Abottabad mission had happened just few months ago..so ther could be somPAF response at tht time...since it was also well within Pakistan's territory..but as i said i am not sure whether at tht time PAF was caught by surprise, which shouldnt have been the case as Abottabad had already happened or there no response was just due to the fear of political fallout afterwards tht could happen.
Whatever the case, those two incidents had a great impact on my psyche... I literally had few sleepless nights after abottabad...i couldnt sleep..my confidence in PAf has shaken since, a bit... Before tht, all we read were heroic stories of PAF.. So couldnt digest those events... Maybe tht fear is still at the back of my mind, which is the reason of my gut feeling right now
The problem with US Pakistan relations are that they very complex and complicated. Few informed members like @Windjammer have mentioned in the past that during Abottabad raid, PAF did scrambled but we all who was the government than, the famous PPP and they ordered them to stand down. None the less i also belong to the same category of people just like yourself who thinks PAF should had responded, but we cant blame them because the government lacks the commitment. Same case is with this government. They do not want to stand behind the armed forces. It is the job of the respective governments to fight the case diplomatically while armed forces fight it on the ground. If tomorrow the government of Pakistan gives PAF go a head to shoot down US drones, do you think PAF will have a problem complying? I dont think so but than it will be the job of the respective government to deal with the fallout of such actions and we all know where they stand.

Back
Top Bottom