What's new

Acts of Terrorism in pakistan I

Status
Not open for further replies.
araz
AsSalam oAlaikum.
My only answer to your post would be that negotiations have meant that there are only 10 women and children martyred in the battle rather than 300-500. People may be unreasonable, but in a seat of responsibility,you have to think with your mind rather than the Heart.
Niaz bhai it is governments waisting time and negotiating that gave them time to prepare.if they wanted to negotiate they wouldn't have more guns then bullets.they wouldn't have been digging tunnels.

If negotiations had succeeded, only the militants might have been arrested and the loss of life would have been 10-20 rather than 100.
They wanted freedom and secure passage to FAA.or i like to call it ''wild west''.they wanted a way out.if you negotiate with 1 u will have to negotiate with them all.

Dont you think it would have been a much better situation? I still think the Government played their hand with great wisdom and patience and consequently kept the loss of life to the minimum.
I say they gave them way more time then needed.and if they don't start to act now.you can bet civil war is next.

However, please take a moment and think of the father/Mother, whose son/daughter. through no fault of their own died in this conflict. Can you honestly put yourself in the shoes of that father/mother and repeat your statement. I think even one life lost unnecessarily is a loss too much to bear.

i would like to ask these so called fathers and mothers.what the heck were they waiting for .lal masjid terrorist were terrorizing people of Islamabad for more then few months no.what were they waiting for to come and get there kids invitation of some sort.
there is suicide bombings happening every day now in Pakistan.how many of these so called mothers and fathers have come forward with information.helping the government.iam sorry give me one good reason to have sympathy for these people.
because of them guns and drugs are wildly available in Pakistan.smuggling from these area into Pakistan is hurting our economy.almost none of them pay any utility bills billions of rupees/year is owed by them for natural gas and power.

Great more shite from my home village of Hangu.

just for once I'd like to see a good story from there as opposed to suicide bombings or sectarian violence.

But with hangu having a large frontier constabulary infrastructure and being the home of the Aurakzai agency this is probably going to become more frequent.

Pakistan troops killed in ambush

Troops have come under attack in recent days
At least 17 Pakistani soldiers have been killed in an ambush by militants near the Afghan border, officials say.
Twelve militants also died in the clash about 25km (15 miles) from Miranshah in North Waziristan, the army said.

President Musharraf has again ruled out declaring an emergency. There have been a spate of attacks since soldiers stormed a radical mosque in Islamabad.

The mosque assault prompted militants along the border to scrap controversial peace accords with the government.

Meanwhile, Pakistan has dismissed a US intelligence report that says al-Qaeda has re-grouped and gained strength on Pakistan's north-western border with Afghanistan.

Foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said the document contained what she called unsubstantiated assertions, and she called for concrete and actionable intelligence to back them up.

The report, published on Tuesday, argued that crumbling state control in the frontier region had offered al-Qaeda an increasingly comfortable hide-out from which to plot attacks, including on the United States.

Suicide bombings

A military spokesman said that in addition to the soldiers killed on Wednesday, another 14 had been injured in the ambush in the Lwara Mundi area of North Waziristan.

Pro-Taleban militants are said to have attacked the soldiers' convoy with rockets, then opened fire with automatic weapons.

Military officials said 12 militants were also killed in the gun battle, as well as five others in a separate clash in the area. There was no immediate independent confirmation of the claim.

Speaking to newspaper editors in Islamabad, President Musharraf again stressed that he would not announce a state of emergency in the face of the violence.

"Al-Qaeda has weakened because of the actions taken by Pakistani forces," the state-run APP news agency quoted him as saying.

"We are in direct confrontation with the extremist forces - moderates versus extremists."

Gen Musharraf also promised that elections due later this year would be held on time, APP said.

The latest violence followed a suicide bombing in North Waziristan on Tuesday that killed three soldiers and a civilian.

Three suicide blasts over the weekend left more than 70 dead near the border.

On Tuesday evening, a bomb killed at least 15 people at a lawyers' rally in the capital, Islamabad. It is not clear who was behind that attack.

'Holy war'

Militants say they have torn up their peace agreement with the government because new check posts have been set up in the tribal area and compensation has not been paid to families of tribesmen killed in army operations.

Pakistani authorities have been trying to shore up the deal since it broke down on Saturday.

Correspondents say that without it, the army risks fresh violence in a region thought to contain many militants.

The government has sent thousands of new troops to the north-west fearing there could be a new "holy war" in revenge for the siege.

Many of the militants in the Red Mosque (Lal Masjid) complex in the capital were thought to have come from the north-west.

President Pervez Musharraf last week vowed to root out extremists "from every corner of the country".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6904104.stm

For some insane reason mushy returned all captured arms and thugs back to these animals.every time these people have shown there words and contracts are worth nothing.
they used this so called contract to regroup and get more firepower. i hope government of Pakistan don't listen to Tali ban sympathizers any more and this time job is actually completed.

What are we discussing here ?

Ghazi brothers and Lal Masjid mobs were criminals. They were trying to hold the nation hostage to impose their views on others by force. No nation, including Saudi Arabia; strictest follower of Wahabi doctrine will allow it. This was evident in the Mehdi incident in the 70's when Saudi forces stormed Kaaba ( no place is holier than kabaa) without a second thought

Lal masjid mob including female students were hardened criminals and terrorists, this is proven by the fact that they fought the army for 6 days and even women wont come out despite many calls to do so.

Dont care what non Pakistanis think, I respect their views but it doesnt matter a fig on the ground. But I feel very strongly about all Pakistanis who have respect and a soft spot for these Lal Masjid thugs..

So six months when they where calling suicide bombing's why did mushy not do anything?
The lal masjid is right infront of Miltary building's,If over six months the military did not know what was going on in lal masjid then should someone not be held accountable for gross incompetence or can the tribals use the same excuse , if the army does not know what is going in the building infront of them how are the tribals to know where al qaeda is in wazirastan.

1. Neither of these brothers were renowned scholars; in fact all Islamic scholars distanced themselves from their actions..

The 43-year-old Ghazi enjoyed widespread
popularity in Pakistan, although he was not a
mullah - he had a master's degree in international
affairs from Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad,
as well as a master's in political science. He
worked as an assistant director in the United
Nations Children's Fund but after the murder of
his father in 1998 he chose to become deputy
prayer leader at the mosque. His father, Abdullah
Aziz, founded the Red Mosque and his death had a
profound effect on both brothers. Ghazi had fought
briefly against the Soviets in Afghanistan in the
1980s. .

2. They were not democratically elected leaders either..

ROFL....and mushy was?

3. They amassed weapons including machine guns ang gas masks and fought the army for 6 days and threatened the country with suicide bombings. There is hardly a crime that they didnot commit. If an ordinary member of joe public was guilty of any of their actions, he would rot in jail for the rest of his life or killed without a single tear being shed..

According to Mir, Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, head
of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League, who was sent
to negotiate with the mosque administration, and
who was about to resolve the issue in April, was
"asked by someone very important to delay
it". .
How did all these weapons get into the masjid when there is more police/army in and around islambad then anywhere else in pakistan.....yeah they had few licensed AK's,if they had all the weapons the govt is saying and the hardcore militants to go with it a lot more soldiers would have died do you not think?

4. Their links with terrorists are evident that very next day Al Zawahari came out in support..

And the links to the ISI the brothers had are also very evident,so by default the ISI must be terrorist also.
Was this the not the same masjid where Gen Zia used raise funds for the afghan jehad...or sorry we have to call them terrorist now

5. We have witnessed the after math in the form for continuos suicide bombings for the last one week which proves that threat of suicide bombing was not a bluff..

So why did mushy choose to have a violent end when he knew what would follow.
You must be the only person that thought it was a empty threat.

My fellow compatriots, if you have slightest love for your country, how can you show any respect for the people responsible. Have we lost all sense of rationality or our reasoning is so twisted that we fail to see that Govt action was necessary and that the two brothers deserve condemnation not praise. What kind of people are providing succour to the suicide bombers who are carrying out their murderous spree??.

If despite everything this Pakistanis sympathise with such criminals, and help them ( they must have help to enable them to carry out the bombings); all I can say that Pakistan as a state is grave danger because Pakistanis dont desrves a prosperous Pakistan. I can only hold my head and despair at the foolishness of my compatriots.

You should be holding your head in shame for supporting a dictator who has bought pakistan to the the brink.
A 3rd rate general who seized power in a coup and you think he will lead us to a prosperous Pakistan....its good to dream:cheers:

So six months when they where calling suicide bombing's why did mushy not do anything?The lal masjid is right infront of Miltary building's,If over six months the military did not know what was going on in lal masjid then should someone not be held accountable for gross incompetence or can the tribals use the same excuse , if the army does not know what is going in the building infront of them how are the tribals to know where al qaeda is in wazirastan.

Well it would be foolish to know that the imnipresent ISI didnt know what was happening. Im sure they knew and the present actions might be done on the behest of those ISI officials who are against Mushraff latest 'little angel role' for US. All these years they were told to use these Jihadi bros to create mayhem across borders and now all of a sudden the goodie Mushraff has did a marvelous U turn. Im sure a lot of guys would have been pissed of by these, after all they were all fighting for their bros independence. Pakistan was playing politics, but some others in the chain thouhgt they were serious.

And the links to the ISI the brothers had are also very evident,so by default the ISI must be terrorist also.
Was this the not the same masjid where Gen Zia used raise funds for the afghan jehad...or sorry we have to call them terrorist now

Well thats the hypocrisy im referring to. There is no Pakistani interest at play, but the rulers interest. Dictators in Pakistan need US support ot cling to power.

You Indians can draw up all the conclusions you want, you're only looking at it from what you've been brought up to believe .

You are being made to believe that we are a brainwashed lot, who have been fed anti Pakistan or whatever stuff. I dont know about others, but not me. The anti Pakistan comments from me was pointed at Pak est mainly bcoz of the support both moral and armed one to carry out attacks in India to destabilise it. It is widely discussed everywhere and talked about as the proxy war. If you believe there is nothing as such happening, i dont know you would be convinced even if i show you proof.
LeT, JeM was 'freedom fighters' how did they end up terror list?

But other than that, there is not much to worry about for Pakistan. The BLA and Taliban are being used by Musharraf to play up his importance, he wants the world to think that they are a big threat so that the world, especially the US, will continue to support him.

What about the attempts on life?

You screwed up in both fronts. And now when you have realised the folly, its too late and the beast that you have fed has grown too big and dangerous for you to tackle.

Well then let us worry about our own beast and our own screw ups..no need for you to go nuts if its us Pakistanis who are dealing with it. All we can say to you is to butt out!

You and your Indian buddies can live on the fantasy of everything being A-OK in Kashmir and I am fine with it. The problem is that the militancy and reactionary forces in Kashmir do not go away despite your wishful thinking.

JeM is the 'freedom fighters' in Kashmir as you call it. What were they doing in LM?

Oh yes when they fight against Pakistan its the AQ using them and when they fight against India they are using their own heart and minds.

There was on external fighters except the students of the Lal Masjid and their teachers. Even not a single foriegner.

Well then let us worry about our own beast and our own screw ups..no need for you to go nuts if its us Pakistanis who are dealing with it. All we can say to you is to butt out!.

We are here to discuss , eight? And thats all what i did. U dont want to discuss with me, then dont, Im ok with it.

You and your Indian buddies can live on the fantasy of everything being A-OK in Kashmir and I am fine with it. The problem is that the militancy and reactionary forces in Kashmir do not go away despite your wishful thinking.

Well look at the level of terrorist activity happening in Kashmir now. Its come down significatnly, why? bcoz they have a new target now..!!!

There was on external fighters except the students of the Lal Masjid and their teachers. Even not a single foriegner.

Well thats exactly what im saying. Those terrorists are all pakistanis!!!

Originally Posted by dabong1

Well of course you have to call them terrorist now. Why are you making this seem like a complicated issue? When these people were funded and supported by the CIA and ISI, they were fighting an invasion by the Soviets into a sovereign nation, Afghanistan. What are they doing now? They are kidnapping and murdering innocent people and creating mayhem.

Why are you having trouble making the distinction? If they had at least limited their actions to attacking the "occupation" of Afghanistan by NATO, I could understand your argument and your sympathy for them, but these people are deliberately killing innocent people! Their actions will destabilize the state and, if allowed to continue for a prolonged period of time, completely evaporate any economic gains we have made.

Violence continues unabated in Pakistan; 36 killed

Thursday, July 19, 2007
21:01 IST

Blog this story

Islamabad: At least 36 people were killed in separate bombings in Pakistan Thursday as militants attacked a convoy of Chinese engineers while a suicide bomber struck a police training college.

According to Online news service, 28 people, including eight security officials, died when a remote controlled device exploded at the RCD Highway in Hub town of Balochistan at around 8.45 a.m. as a convoy of Chinese engineers was passing through the area.

A police official told Online that it appeared the Chinese were the target. However, the convoy, on its way to the southern port city of Karachi, passed safely. The Chinese were later taken to Karachi by air.

Scores of people were standing at the nearby Gadani bus stop when the explosion occurred. Several were critically injured and have been shifted to hospitals in Karachi, where one of the wounded died.

The authorities fear the death toll could increase as the condition of some of the injured was stated to be critical.

Online, quoting eyewitnesses, said a passer-by was killed when police opened retaliatory fire.

In a separate blast Thursday, at least eight people, including a policeman, were killed and 30 injured when a suicide attacker blew himself up at the entrance to a police training facility in Hangu, 90 km southwest of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) capital Peshawar.

The attacker - in a red car laden with explosives - triggered off the explosion when he was asked to stop as he attempted to enter the facility at around 7.30 a.m. when the police recruits were busy performing their daily drill.

The injured were taken to Kohat and Peshawar hospitals, where an emergency has been declared in the wake of a large number of casualties.

A senior official said the body of the attacker had been recovered.

In another attack Thursday unidentified militants blasted a check post in Machi Khail near Mir Ali in Waziristan. No injuries were reported.

Several check posts in North Waziristan have been evacuated as militants blew up three posts in three days since Tuesday.

The Thursday attacks followed the death of at least 16 soldiers Wednesday when militants ambushed an army convoy with heavy weapons in NWFP.

Violence has escalated in Pakistan, particularly in the restive North Western Frontier Province (NWFP), following last week's storming of the Lal Masjid in the Pakistani capital to flush radical Islamists out of the mosque.

Armed tribals in North Waziristan unilaterally scrapped a 10-month-long peace agreement with the government July 15 and threatened to launch guerrilla style attacks against security forces in the region to protest the Lal Masjid attack.

On Tuesday at least 13 people were killed after a suicide bomber blew himself up outside the venue of a lawyers' rally in Pakistan's capital. The rally was to be addressed by Pakistan's suspended chief justice Iftikhar Muhammed Chaudhry.

A suicide bomber exploded himself Tuesday at a security checkpoint in Mir Ali, a major town in North Waziristan, killing three soldiers and two civilians, according to media reports.

A countrywide security alert has been in place following the deadly attacks July 14-15 in the northwest frontier that left around 70 killed and over 130 injured.

The Pakistan government Monday decided to send more troops to NWFP and tribal areas in the wake of an alarming rise in attacks on security personnel in the region.

Page 1 | Page 2

Well if thats true, then its one more bald faced lie by Rasheed Ghazi who himself claimed the presence of foreign militants and wanted "safe passage" for them as well. In fact his assertion that there were "foreigners" present with him, for whom he wanted safe passage, was probably the tipping point for the governments decision to conduct the assault. So in essence this man's lies are directly responsible for the 102 deaths that occurred.

My goodness this man lied a lot for being a "pious Muslim". I suppose lying left and right is perfectly acceptable under their interpretation of Islam, even if it gets innocent people killed, but heaven forbid people selling Music CD's or watching pornography at home...

AoA
Geo is reporting another blast in a mosque ( Pathan Lines in Kohat Cantt). 11 killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom