What's new

Activist Jibran Nasir urges govt to arrest admins of 'Pakistan Defence'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovery of missing activists our top priority, says Nisar

Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has said that the government will make all-out efforts to recover the four social activists who went missing from different cities last week.

“Safe recovery of the missing social activists is a priority of the government,” Nisar said Tuesday while briefing lawmakers in Senate on missing activists Salman Haider, a poet and academic, and bloggers Waqas Goraya, Asim Saeed and Ahmad Raza Nasir.

“The government neither pursues the policy of getting its own citizens disappeared nor will tolerate this,” Radio Pakistan quoted the minister as saying.

The interior minister informed the Upper House of Parliament that Salman went missing from Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) while others were picked up by unidentified men from Punjab. “The Government of Punjab is also pursuing this matter on priority basis,” he said.

Claiming that the country’s agencies were monitoring the issue, the minister vowed to bring the investigation to its logical conclusion. “A number of people have been recovered in the last three and a half years due to government’s sincere efforts,” he said.

HRW urges Pakistan to investigate bloggers ‘abduction’

Nisar’s statement coincides with protests being held by liberal activists in major cities, using the hashtag #RecoverAllActivists to generate support on social media.

The four activists had gone missing from various cities between January 4 and 7. Pakistan is routinely ranked among the world’s most dangerous countries for journalists, and reporting critical of security policies is considered a major red flag, with reporters at times detained, beaten and even killed.

Rights groups say Pakistani activists and journalists find themselves routinely caught between the country’s security establishment and militant groups, including the Taliban.

In April 2015, prominent activist Sabeen Mahmud was killed by militants who said they carried out the attack because she promoted liberal, secular views.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1290402/recovery-missing-activists-top-priority-says-nisar/

I sort of agree with you but I'm just a pussy, I'm not going to Pakistan anytime soon. :rofl:

I still go there fairly regularly. It is always -ahem- interesting, shall we say. :D

Back to the topic, I hope that they are found soon. Even then, the message will be starkly clear to everyone else already.

What is this activist business in Pakistan these days? Who is the guy who was abducted? What his background? I have no idea or context to it.

If you look at the sheer number of Hindu extremists and Hindu fanatics on this forum, I'm not surprised it rings alarm bells in some quarters.

So many of Hindu extremists on this forum openly call (and are allowed to call) death of Kashmiri people.

Jibran Nasir is one of the sane voices in Pakistan. I too would like to know who the **** is running Pakistan Defence facebook page.
That BC molvi burqa have deep influence in our establishment be it civil or Army and that bastard never ever forgive who speak against his devilish activities. Now there are two opinions regarding with abductions.
1. Booked by state and locale to some secret places for a chitrol and later we found some bori bannd lashen.
2. Molvi devil burqa all behind this abductions and they already might be beheaded.
Again a valid question raised why the F that devil molvi still breathing Who threaten to sucide bombing against Pakistan if someone touch him Why he still roaming free even after he engaged with Pakistan Army on a war. Why this shetan molvi still ankh ka tarra of our establishment when his wh..es were singing praising song for Daesh and ISSI.
Now back on real topic, I never be a FB lover as I found it very very nagtive in many aspects so I can't read what posts there in this issue BUT here in PDF in same topic dozens of posters were openly defending and were jubilant on that abdication it's mean Admin @WebMaster allowing and feel it's a normal thing to appreciate those who insisting people to take law in hands.
Freedom of speech is not the issue when we are in war condition And our war is against religious extremism which cause us thousands civil and military lives. The liberals and secular not killing people or Army Jawans, If their comments making blasphemy simply ban that sites or put the person(s) in trial Abduction is unlawful. The same doing TTP and other out fit banned groups to taking law in hands SO what's the difference between us and them?
We never ever urge posters to preach other to takes law in own hands@WebMaster and take strict action who openly blame ISI for this abductions.
I hope state take prompt action to find out who are the real culprits behind it and deal them with Iron Hands.

I might b ofc topic... but 2 of these 3 activists are so ugly ... they look like degenerate pigs

Now if freedom of speech for them is bladphemy...so be it...

But they should do it openly under their own names...

DEFENCE.PK IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROTECT THEIR IDENTITY @Horus @WebMaster

Its their own activities that are putting them at risk.... why is its any one elses duty to protect their identity????

There is a very thin line between being a patriot and a fanatic . It's easy to cross over . Looks like someone crossed over inadvertently.

We need to look at perspective...

They hve freedom of speech... and we hve a right to know...

No body is under obligatiion to hide their identity for them....

Also they were abducted before fb post... so some one already knew

If some one is breaking the law..... is it our duty to protect their identity???
They shud b more care full

Last edited:
Pakistanis...extremely overwhelming majority of Pakistanis...do NOT want a secular, irreligious society and state. Why can't these Western educated, elitist, rich, uber liberal "activists" understand that? Why do they have to impose their vision and will on the normal people of Pakistan? This creates a certain resentment within Pakistani society.

Look, Pakistanis aren't fanatics but we aren't seculars either at heart. We want Islam in our life, culture, state, and society at large.

So why can't these liberal elitists let us live our lives the way we want?!

They, coming from rich background, have the privilege to go to western schools, dominate leadership sectors of Pakistani society, have disproportional representation on the media and news domain. Let's not even talk about entertainment industry and fashion empires they control. Despite all that, they want YOU to believe, act, and live like "they" feel you should. These people see common man as animal that needs to be "civilized" by secular liberalism.

We should all work to make Pakistan a model Islamic country and a great world nation. We can create a positive impact on billions of people if we are able to play our part in making Pakistan as an example to emulate for other Muslim nations as well. But alas, we are still fighting useless issues and wasting our energies.

These guys lost my sympathies when i saw what they used to post about our Prophet (PBUH) and Allah they stooped really low with their freedom of expression BS i don't know if they were involved in any anti-Pak activity or not (though i have full doubts they were) because if they're than Gov should present them in court with evidences so that they get the punishment they deserve picking them up like this is only gonna create more sympathy for those retards in the hearts of our innocent awaam. About the PDF FB page well webby needs to take a look at that post it was wrong without a doubt.

P.S this jibran nasir needs to calm down a bit where was he when they were posting all that BS? these ''activists'' are really hypocrites.

untitled-jpg.367444

I fail to find any reason to conclude...... how this statement can be construed to be “an incitement to violence”? If somebody thinks it’s an incitement to violence then most probably he is a little insecure soul at the best who carries some sort of guilt in his heart. Otherwise the first reading of statement at max pretty much gives an impression as its "a view of somebody" and like everyone else, everyone is entitled to his opinion and view.

And I always wonder why don't I go missing .............. it must take some special skills and doings to get that prestigious status of "missing person", otherwise 99.XX% of Pakistanis.......... well they don't go missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom