What's new

AAD Test Fails "Missile falls down,catches fire immediately after its take off"

Lets see.. anything dragging in other countries.. etc.

Well i think it is quite natural....... especially when there is a word "Fail"....... The kind of excitement from few of my friends across the border (in this case) is beyond my understanding....... Yeah i also seen the response from my side too.....:)

You are right, with such low response time, some of this costly toys may not be very effective..... But these toys gives you a sense of security to the nation and to its forces, which is the most important thing in case or a war.......

This technology is only getting better with each year

The point is that enemy missile silos and sites cannot be close to our borders
That makes them vulnerable to our Air and missile strikes

And when they are taken further back our BMD comes into play
It is a well thought out strategy

This technology is only getting better with each year

The point is that enemy missile silos and sites cannot be close to our borders
That makes them vulnerable to our Air and missile strikes

And when they are taken further back our BMD comes into play
It is a well thought out strategy

Yeah i know, but even then we are too close to each other...... and Pakistan is a small country (when it comes to BM launch)

Dude. Exactly the reason such tests are continued. Everyone knows that India has capability of long range missile defence but now its all bout short ranged tactical missiles and for that better composite, less weight and high power technology is required. This is exactly what we were testing.

And my point still remains. What all u said bout average time and immunity being idiocy is true only until the tactical nukes are non intercepted.

Still wont matter. The response and decision time is literally too low to decide.
Had India worked on a laser based system it would have had more prospect for success.
This system ensures nothing and in my view is akin to Reagans star wars program gambit which led to the Soviet Union spending billions to upgrade its own delivery systems for nothing.

Yeah i know, but even then we are too close to each other...... and Pakistan is a small country (when it comes to BM launch)
Wont matter what you tell this dude. He's no better than Zarvan in his thought process.

The size matters little in distance. Particular reasons exist why Seoul isnt the ideal capital despite the number of Patriot systems defending it.

The Threat of our BMD will make the enemy move around their missiles
so as to get the element of surprise

That also is the time when we can see and know what is being planned

The movements of the Strategic Plans Division is the biggest
object of Interest for India

After BMD we will also move on to CMD ie Cruise Missile Defence
with multi layered missiles like Spyder and Akash

The size matters little in distance. .

It does matters, as distance is time.......(in case of a BM which is fired from a far distance) since the country is small, the farthest place is not very far to decide and act....

@nair

The Biggest Force Multiplier will be the SU 30 armed with Brahmos missiles

This THREAT will cause the Missile silos to be taken Further BEHIND
helping the BMD

Su 30 with Brahmos will be VECTORED to the missile sites in REAL TIME
once they are in their range

@nair

The Biggest Force Multiplier will be the SU 30 armed with Brahmos missiles

This THREAT will cause the Missile silos to be taken BEHIND

Su 30 with Brahmos will be VECTORED to the missile sites in REAL TIME
once they are in their range

My points is only with respect to AAD....... not on our overall capability in destroying BM across the border....

My points is only vis a vis AAD....... not on our overall capability in destroying BM across the border....

And my point is that BMD is the right way to go
It all works in conjunction with each other

And my point is that BMD is the right way to go
It all works in conjunction with each other

I am not against BMD...... Was discussing its limitations.......... By the way our BMD is not Pakistan specific......:)

I am not against BMD...... Was discussing its limitations.......... By the way our BMD is not Pakistan specific......:)

BMD will work against Both
That is not the question

The question is relevance of BMD

The fact is that BMD technology is improving all over the world
Once we have an active and a successful program we CAN COLLABORATE further
with Russia ; Israel and even USA

In such high tech fields ; success begets success

The idea of being immune is utter idiocy and weird as well.
There is no immunity when the average flight time between the two nations is 4-6 minutes.
All the AAD offers is some protection for the eastern most cities.

There was a reason that despite various ABM measures such as the PATRIOT and otherwise.. the idea of IRBMs in any country makes people nervous. Smell the reality, you live under the very high potential of being BBQd to nothing.. regardless of how many PAADs you make.

Lets see.. anything dragging in other countries.. etc.
It acts as a deterance dear sir however deficient this system may be, it will make your opponent to think twice before pressing the N button.

I am not against BMD...... Was discussne Sreping its limitations.......... By the way our BMD is not Pakistan specific......:)
There some Limitations in Our BMD but there is Chance to get it Improved.Interception of a BM by Multiple Interceptor Missiles is Always Best & cheap Choice Any country Posses.It Will Always get you One step Ahead in War sscenario

Last edited:
It acts as a deterance dear sir however deficient this system may be, it will make your opponent to think twice before pressing the N button.
Not really. What it makes your opponent do is to analyse its actual effectiveness and if it does plug a gap, find ways to open it again. In this case any gap it plus are tiny and superfluous when looking at Pakistan. vis-a-vis China is a different question..

Interceptor missile fails; DRDO to conduct another test soon - Oneindia

Bengaluru, April 06: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) faced a setback today after an Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile fell into the sea seconds after its launch. The missile was test-fired from DRDO's launch facility in Wheeler Island, off the Odisha Coast.

DRDO officials, who spoke to OneIndia said that they would be back with another launch of the missile by the end of April after studying what went wrong. "These are part and parcel of every missile trails. We had six successive missions of the interceptor missile. We suspect that one of the sub-systems in the missile might have failed," a top scientist not wanting to be named, said.

He said that Monday's test was to assess the performance of the composite motor rocket and the missile's ejection from the canister. "These two parameters have been successfully tested. There was no target today. But one sub-system misbehaved and we are now analyzing some more data," he added. DRDO says the missile's basic systems are all intact and worked as per the textbook. "Random problems can occur while dealing with complex systems. We will be back by the end of this month for another launch," he added. He said that the missile caught fire after falling apart. This was DRDO's 7th interceptor missile test.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom