What's new

A Vision: Union of Japan and Vietnam

Yes China will impose our will on india. Pakistan must be superpower even if it means controlling delhi and northern india.

We should blame the parents for dropping the baby on it's head multiple times.

Japanese people on the outer surface are very friendlly, polite, and easy going people.....to everyone that they encounter with.....but make no mistake that Japanese are very proud people who would not consider anyone other than the Chinese and White to be their equals. Japan would rather see their population dwindle than importing South East Asian brides (mainly Vietnamese) speak itself about how Japan view themselves and the rest. :P

Viet Nam will earn more respect from people around the world as Viet Nam is industrializing more, not by being a friend or a part of an industrialized nation like Japan.

Götterdämmerung;3532073 said:
Europe laid the foundations centuries ago by intermarriage of the ruling families, by having a common cultural and scholastic language, by sharing the same religion, by having intensive trade and thousands of family feuds amongs the ruling families that often ended in destructive wars and we had to go through two world war to come to our senses and came up with the EU – a united Europe – and yet, at times of economic difficuties every one is taking care if its own interest and gives the blame to someone else.

Looking at our own experience, I see nothing that a so called Japan-Vietnam union can ever come true.

But at least it gave me a good laugh. :)

You are a free man in a free world, right?

Sure, you are free to express your opinions, even unqualified, stupid and hidden racist comments! I really don´t care. I work and live long in Germany. I meet nice people here, but unfortunately also encounter a lot of racist Germans of some sorts.

Again, it is a common mistake to see everything through an european glass and think so Europe works so that must be for the rest of the world. Asia is different, Asians are different. They have their own history. Good and bad. Remember, France and Germany were archrival, in many wars both sought to kill each other. Today they work and cooperate nearly on weekly basis.

Following your logic - Asia must undergo the so-called european way, then ASEAN does not exist as it is today. If you haven´t noticed even the process of further integration within ASEAN is planned, in common defence and politics.

I guess if China continues to intimidate Vietnam and Japan, a Union will come faster than some people can imagine. Both feel very uncomfortable with the rise and the increasing threat of China. Both Vietnam and Japan share similar intererests and views on Asia and the world. Last but not least, we don´t have any disputes. The Japanese wartime atrocities were forgiven and forgotten by us.

Last words in German:
Wir werden sehen. Wie man in Deutschland sagt, wer zuletzt lacht, lacht am besten!

Huh? :what:

You're not past that threshold of 'no return', I hope.

I have to tell you one thing though: I'm glad I'm not a Viet otherwise, the way you're shamelessly selling your countrymen, I wouldn't know where I can hide my face. I wonder how some of your proud compatriots like 5star and Niceguy feel about the way you go about this.

My friend, I believe the future lies in more cooperations, less confrontations, closer tie with friends. Union or not, we will see. If yes, that still will be between two independent countries. I just review the process between the 2 in the last 10 years and predict what can happen in the next decade.

A good example is Europe, especially Germany. The Germans were super racists in WW II, committed more atrocities than the Japanese. Today they are peaceful.

You can see Germany and France have established a Union. Did the Germans sell the country to France or vice versa? The European Union consists of a number of Soverein Nations. The member states agreed and have given up some national rights to transnational authorities including European Assembly, European government, etc..

You give up something, but you gain something.

I guess if China continues to intimidate Vietnam and Japan, a Union will come faster than some people can imagine. Both feel very uncomfortable with the rise and the increasing threat of China. Both Vietnam and Japan share similar intererests and views on Asia and the world. Last but not least, we don´t have any disputes. The Japanese wartime atrocities were forgiven and forgotten by us.

To slander China has become your habit.

we intimidate vietnam?China can easily destroy the Vietnam even in the most debilitating time.but your country is still there ,you are still slander us all over the world.Even your country name-Vietnam is given from us.what else should we do?

we intimidate japan?Even ignoring the powerful Japanese Self-Defense Force,we have to face the Super Uncle Sam.who will intimidate US foolishly?

800px-Japan_Vietnam_Locator.png

6a0120a6002285970c017743673aeb970d-320wi

It is time to think the unthinkable:
Japan and Vietnam to join hands and establish an union of two Soverein nations!

We both are perfect partners:

- similar in cultures and custom
- even similar in look
- Japan economically strong but stagnating, we weak at present but improving everyday
- Japan with rapidly ageing population, Vietnam has very young
- high working ethics in Vietnam, similar to Japan
- Japan with strong Navy, Vietnam with strong Ground force
- Japan as islands being isolated, Vietnam shares its borders with three neighbors including the other ASEAN states
- Most Vietnamese like/love Japan and Japanese people, and I believe so Japan
- last but not least, the China´s factor: alone Japan and Vietnam are too weak, but if we join forces, but we can compete with the giant China.

So what do you think? thinkable, doable or unrealistic?
I would appreciate very much if Japanese members here in the forum say what they think about the idea.

Looking at the things going in the last three months Vietnam and Japan are forging trade and other security related partnerships.
Looking at the geography and China factor these two countries are natural strategic partners in trade and Military.
Vietnam and Japan are like Ying - Yang :agree:

We should blame the parents for dropping the baby on it's head multiple times.

Hillarious mate :tup:

if you don't provide dubs People in Japan will mistake the picture as 1960s Japanese factory workers.

There's nothing to be ashamed of, countries all of the world experience that period. the US in 1940s, Japan in 1960s, Korea in 1980s, or China in 1990s. I like these pictures and my mother in law have a huge collection of those similar photos. To her 1960s's the best time of her life, working hard, enjoying the short break and imagining the futures.

You misunderstand my point.

Japanese people on the outer surface are very friendlly, polite, and easy going people.....to everyone that they encounter with.....but make no mistake that Japanese are very proud people who would not consider anyone other than the Chinese and White to be their equals. Japan would rather see their population dwindle than importing South East Asian brides (mainly Vietnamese) speak itself about how Japan view themselves and the rest. :P

Viet Nam will earn more respect from people around the world as Viet Nam is industrializing more, not by being a friend or a part of an industrialized nation like Japan.

Brother, the cooperation with world-class industrialized country with hight technology as Japan, learning their experience... that is a good way to industrialize the country (Vietnam).

You see, model state-corporations of Vietnam is a major failure, a burden for the country. Vinashin has done to evaporate 4.5 billion USD. Vinaline loss a bit less than Vinashin. And many other Vinashin not yet exposed..
It is the "industrialized" products made ​​in Vietnam where who reached world-class corruption...

Updated August, 15 2012
Japan helps formulate technology strategy

HA NOI — Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai yesterday chaired the first meeting of the steering board to oversee co-operative work with Japan on Viet Nam's industrialisation strategy.
The Prime Minister signed a decision to establish the board on Monday.
The strategy, which was developed by the Ministry of Planning and Investment, is a step in realising a Joint Declaration made by the Vietnamese and Japanese Prime Ministers in October last year.
In the declaration, the Vietnamese side said it hoped co-operation and assistance from Japan would help shape and implement policies and work related to the country's industrialisation towards 2020.
Under the strategy, the work will focus on the areas of electricity and power supplies, energy savings, food processing, shipbuilding, agricultural machinery and environmental protection.
Beside the five prioritised areas, Viet Nam and Japan are considering potential to further develop sectors such as motorbike and automobile production, textiles and garments, and steel production.
The two countries' relevant agencies have together worked out action plans, measures and suitable policies to create favourable conditions for their co-operation in developing industry.
Japanese Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yukio Edano said Japan pledged to actively participate in drafting out the Strategy and specific action plans.
In the coming time, the Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) would take part in carrying out the groundwork for coming discussions between the two sides, he said.
He said Japan would always support investment and co-operation with Viet Nam in the area of technology and environmental-friendly projects.
Yasuaki Tanizaki, Japanese Ambassador to Viet Nam, expressed his hope that the two sides would soon reach agreements on portfolios and criteria of the basic industries and co-ordination and supervision mechanisms among the two countries' agencies during the implementation of coming action plans.
Deputy PM Hai asked the members of the steering board to redouble their efforts and work with their Japanese partners to finalise work on which sectors should be the focus of the two countries' co-operation so that this could be submitted to Prime Minister in November.
The country's draft Strategy on Industrialisation under the Viet Nam – Japan co-operation framework will receive feedback from experts before getting official approval. — VNS

Japan helps formulate technology strategy - Industries - VietNam News

Tightening Vietnam-Japan relations
09:06 26/09/2012

(VEN) - On the occasion of the 39th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Japan (September 21, 1973 - September 21, 2012), Vietnam Economic News' Hoa Le spoke with Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yasuaki Tanizaki about the development of Vietnam-Japan bilateral relations and Japan's ODA policies for Vietnam in the coming period.

What are your views on bilateral cooperation between Vietnam and Japan, especially in the fields of economics, trade and investment during the past 39 years since the two countries established diplomatic relations?
Vietnam and Japan established diplomatic relations in 1973 and since then bilateral cooperation has intensified. In recent years, relations between the two countries have developed impressively, especially in the fields of economics, trade and investment. The Vietnam-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (VJEPA) and the ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (AJCEP) have had good effects. These factors have facilitated bilateral relations in the fields of economics, trade, industry and investment.
Japan is one of Vietnam's leading trade partners and the third largest export market. Bilateral trade has been relatively balanced.
Japan currently leads Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Vietnam. Japanese FDI projects in Vietnam are large in terms of investment capital and concentrate in high technology industries, which has had a positive effect on the Vietnamese economy. Last year, Japan had 208 FDI projects in Vietnam with total capital of US$2 billion. In the first eight months of this year, Japanese investment in Vietnam reached US$4.33 billion. This impressive figure showed that Vietnam remained an attractive destination to Japanese investors. Japanese FDI in Vietnam is predicted to continue to increase in the time to come. This will not only benefit Japanese businesses but also offer the promise of new employment and technology transfer opportunities.
The Japanese Government has provided Vietnam with large amounts of Official Development Assistance (ODA) capital. Last year marked a record level of Japanese ODA for Vietnam, JPY270 billion (US$3.4 billion).

What do you think of the use of Japanese ODA in Vietnam?
I would like to assert that Japanese ODA has been effectively utilized in Vietnam.
The Japanese Government highly appreciates the growth of the Vietnamese economy. Economic growth contributes not only to improving the lives of Vietnamese people but also to promoting the socioeconomic stability of the entire region.
Vietnam is striving to become an industrialized country by 2020. To achieve this goal, Vietnam must upgrade its infrastructure and ODA is one of the main financial sources which can help in implementing this task. Aware of this, Japan has provided assistance for many large infrastructure projects in Vietnam, including Terminal 2 at Noi Bai Airport, Hai Phong Seaport, National Highway 5 and the Noi Bai-Nhat Tan Highway. These are major Vietnamese transport sector projects.

How has Japan disbursed its ODA to Vietnam?
Between April 2011 and March 2012, we disbursed about US$1.35 billion for projects in Vietnam. Overall, the disbursement of ODA for all projects has been on schedule.

Although Japan had to cope with numerous difficulties caused by the 2011 tsunami, the country continues to maintain a high level of ODA for Vietnam. Could you outline specific fields which Japanese ODA for Vietnam will be concentrated in during the coming period?
Japan will continue to provide ODA for Vietnam, focusing on fields such as infrastructure construction and development (airports, seaports, roads), preventing natural disasters and coping with climate change. We will prioritize projects aimed at improving the lives of poor farmers in mountainous areas by assisting the construction of schools and medical stations.
Japanese ODA will also help Vietnam accelerate restructuring. We will share experience and increase cooperation with Vietnam in building legal institutions.

Would you like to send any messages to the Vietnamese Government and people?
First of all, I would like to express once again my deepest thanks to the Vietnamese Government and people for their sincere sympathy and practical assistance for Japanese people after the tsunami in March 2011.
The year 2013 will mark the 40th anniversary of the establishment of Vietnam-Japan diplomatic relations. The two governments have agreed to celebrate 2013 as the Year of Vietnam-Japan Friendship. Beginning in September 2012, several events and cultural activities will be organized with the aim to tighten bilateral relations and create opportunities for Vietnamese and Japanese people to exchange relations and get to better understand each other. I expect the relations between our two countries will expand in a wide range of fields in the future./.

VEN - Tightening Vietnam-Japan relations

Japan and Vietnam forge support for maritime security in the East Sea

By Radhika Seth / July 17, 2012

Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Koichiro Gemba was in Vietnam recently and one of the directions his talks went was towards cooperation in defense and maritime security. The Vietnamese Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh agrees that the two nations require stepping up their cooperation stand with regards to the East Sea in terms of regional stability and security. The two ministers discussed resolutions to the East Sea disputes based on international and regional laws and the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. Their talks were kept in focus with the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East (South China) Sea (DOC) and building a code of conduct (COC) for the parties to the disputes will help maintain maritime security and safety.

Japan will continue to support Vietnam and help it become an industrialized nation by 2020. The two countries propose to celebrate 2013 as the Vietnam – Japan Friendship Year, marking the 40th anniversary of the establishment of bilateral ties. While promising more investments, the Japanese minster was noticed impressing upon the importance of a corruption-free environment so as to gain trust and encourage transparency.

Vietnam has been long battling with corruption and other social evils, and reforms are being taken to ensure a conducive investment environment. Japanese Minister Gemba also met with Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, who co-chaired the fourth meeting of the Vietnam-Japan Cooperation Committee. Once again the main topic in the agenda was the maintenance of maritime security at the East Sea as per the UNCLOS guidelines.

Japan and Vietnam forge support for maritime security in the East Sea - The Japan Daily Press

To slander China has become your habit.

we intimidate vietnam?China can easily destroy the Vietnam even in the most debilitating time.but your country is still there ,you are still slander us all over the world.Even your country name-Vietnam is given from us.what else should we do?

we intimidate japan?Even ignoring the powerful Japanese Self-Defense Force,we have to face the Super Uncle Sam.who will intimidate US foolishly?

Surely China is capable to destroy Vietnam by atomic weapons. But I believe we are still capable to defend our country in a conventional war. I can tell you many things to support my arguments why I see China intimidates us. There are a lot of stories and films...even shown among Vietnamese community here in Germany.

I reveal you something. I would rather see a Union between China and Vietnam, then with Japan. But I see that is an unrealistic scenario, because China would accept Vietnam as a province simlar to many other, with no rights to say in Beijing and Vietnam will never accept just to play a junior role.

Let imagine what could happen in a distant future. In one day after Japan and Vietnam establish the Union, China could join the club. That is something that brings a smile to your face, I assume.

You ask what China else can do? Look at Taiwan´s democratic system. That is a good way for China.

Surely China is capable to destroy Vietnam by atomic weapons. But I believe we are still capable to defend our country in a conventional war. I can tell you many things to support my arguments why I see China intimidate us. There are a lot of stories and films...even shown among Vietnamese community here in Germany.

I reveal you something. I would rather see a Union between China and Vietnam, then with Japan. But I see that is an unrealistic scenario, because China would accept Vietnam as a province simlar to many other, with no rights to say in Beijing and Vietnam will never accept just to play a junior role.

Let imagine what could happen in a distant future. In one day after Japan and Vietnam establish the Union, China could join the club. That is something that brings a smile to your face, I assume.

After Fukushima disaster There is a talk that Japan is planning to shift its nuclear reactors :cheers:

I don't know details though.

After Fukushima disaster There is a talk that Japan is planning to shift its nuclear reactors :cheers:

I don't know details though.

About the cooperation to build a No. 2 nuclear power plant by Japan in Vietnam:

Vietnam: Confirms still continuing to select Japanese technology for No.2 nuclear power, despite the incident and decides recently in Japan
Japan: Confirms will build the power plant with its latest-safest technology,... for Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom