What's new

A top Chinese official was arrested after talking about the biggest threat to China's economy

VietNam means Yue pple living in the South, and the South is not so cold, much more arable lands than in East Asia. We dont have any plan to live in the cold weather and barren land in Esst Asia.
oh``really ?! :lol:, it seems you lot are busying fleeing your country to all those 'cold barren' countries for a better life without a hesitation```they even sold themselves to poor farmers in order to leave Vietnam`:P

oh``really ?! :lol:, it seems you lot are busying fleeing your country to all those 'cold barren' countries for a better life without a hesitation```they even sold themselves to poor farmers in order to leave Vietnam`:P
We r poor bcs of war and US sanction. TPP deal will lift sanction for VN while US turn to sanction CN,thats why your economy is getting worse and worse.

We r poor bcs of war and US sanction. TPP deal will lift sanction for VN while US turn to sanction CN,thats why your economy is getting worse and worse.
yeah sure sure, TPP will also help your viet men to bring all those sold women back to their arms right?

and also because of TPP, viets will suddenly discover a new 'cutting-edge' technology that will send viets men straight into the space travel with super light speed, by blowing hot air into viets anal-hole``, and hence will dominate the whole galaxy```and save Princess Leia from the dark lord, and return of the viet Jedi warriors``!!

it's only you who signed up for calling that sucker father,spare the rest of chinese except you that falla-fking-cy
He is so warm to China as a old friend, the closet friend to PRC ever. He is our commorade forever. You don't insult him.

Vietnam shall take advantage when USA field against China. If USA take control of Vietnam economy, I think they will make you have to depend on them. You guys shall take a balanced foreign policy between USA and China.

Vietnam shall take advantage when USA field against China. If USA take control of Vietnam economy, I think they will make you have to depend on them. You guys shall take a balanced foreign policy between USA and China.
If we can unify sub Mekong,then we will become big and strong enough, and dont have to worry abt losing control of our economy.

US will do nothing if we take Thailand again after 1979.Only CN try to stop us. So CN interference in unifying sub Mekong is the thing we need to worry abt, not USA.

If we can unify sub Mekong,then we will become big and strong enough, and dont have to worry abt losing control of our economy.

US will do nothing if we take Thailand again after 1979.Only CN try to stop us. So CN interference in unifying sub Mekong is the thing we need to worry abt, not USA.
Thailand is a independent country, how can you invade it? No one will agree you invading Thailand, both China and USA. To be honest, it's beyond vietnam's ability.

he was a sucker,so was his buddy mao,period

he was a sucker,so was his buddy mao,period

Well, as far as I see, China need to progress on 3 fronts before having enough buyer confidence so people would start investing in Chinese Financial Sector, instead of its established industrial sector.

1.) The Basic of Chinese Financial system needed to be shake up. The Financial Control (Like FCC in the US) is not bringing people much confident, and the stock market have been plagued with weak and non-performance stock which were still propped up by mostly the government, the true value of stock market is yet to be seen and that is what stopping people from investing in Chinese Financial Market.

2.) The Currency need to be stabilised. While Chinese bank were backed by the government, so theoretically, it's currency should be quite stable, but the truth is we saw 2 currency rebalance/revalue in just 6 months suggested otherwise. Investor simply cannot invest in a currency where the government would still need to readjust its value for short term, I mean you would not invest in a currency that it may worth less than half tomorrow, right? And it also have to do with the financial control system in China.

3.) Free Trade. Not free trade of goods (well, kind of as you can see currency as good as well) As all 4 Big Chinese bank were backed by the Central Bank in China, the currency is not actually free-tradable. As the country would have the final say on the sale, that would inhibit the will to buy from the buyer. What China need to do is to stop backing the private commercial bank, this way they would have a free hand on the economy, government controlled economy only good when it is running good. It lack the versatility and resilience to get back up when the economy hit rocks. And as long as government controlling the financial factor, investor would be sacrifice first to save Chinese Economy, and who would invest in this environment?

Added another question is that, China is still running on the gas industrialise brought to them, and you cannot run on that gas forever, sooner or later, they will lose their edge on being a manufacturer hubs, and if that happen, the only thing China can trade is their currency, it's sort of depending on which comes first, can China transform completely before the industrial sector ran out of steam? Or would it be still straggle when China inevitably lose steam? Cause that would spell disaster.
thanks for your analysis .

I think your guys reading too much "Monkey King Story". Do you guys still have the "Greater Vietnam" wet dream by
annexing Cambodia and Laos? Strange, nowadays, every dick and tom has this big "superpower" dream.
The Khmers hate Kinh Viet

Read the comments lol.

I'd talked to the Khmers. They like Chinese business in Cambodia more than Viet. They would rather give their money to the Chinese, and not the Vietnamese. The Viet gov't is controlling some Cambodian politicians and the Khmers don't like it. The so called Greater Vietnam (Laos+Cambodia+Vietnam) is nothing more but a wet dream.

Go to any Khmer forums or sites, they all hate the Viets. They know who stolen their land.

http://khmerization.blogspot.my/2010/02/vietnamese-authority-forbids-khmer-krom_17.html
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/26...c-minority-khmer-krom-for-anti-vietnam-rally/

Last edited:
it's only you who signed up for calling that sucker father,spare the rest of chinese except you that falla-fking-cy
True. That Ho is not my father.

So I guess Vietnamese need to be slaves to another country to survive. For 1000 years slaves to China, now you want to be slaves to US. All the best to you and good luck with TPP whenever that's going to take off

:usflag::welcome:

This is mostly not about economics. This is result of an information warfare between US and China. Economics is just a frontier in this information warfare.

I'm sorry to say that but so far China is not doing good in that war.

Chinese businessmen should invest in English language media. I mean let's have a look at RT and Sputnik. They are far from being perfect. However still many people from the West actually reads them.

Alexa global rank of RT.com = 404, 17.6% of the traffic comes from Russia the rest comes from other countries
Alexa global rank of sputniknews.com = 1242, Russian traffic is not in top 5 countries. Less then 5% comes from Russia.

Russians learned about the importance of the media. Resulting from that European public learns more about the Russian perspective about global issues day by day. They also get more objective information about the Russian economy and Russian internal problems.

At least Western public deserves to know that a football match brawl in Russia is not a civil uprising. (I remember such a case but couldn't find a source. If you guys could find it, it would be much appreciated)

If we talk about China, other than Chinadaily, which is not much successfull to be honest, there is not much Chinese English language based news source that is read by international audience.

Alexa global rank of chinadaily.com.cn = 116, seems good but 88.4% of the traffic comes from China which has no point.
Alexa global rank of xinhuanet.com = 71, great but still 98.5% of the traffic comes from China which has again no point.

Thus China does not have any English based news source that is followed by the Western public. That's why every nonsense report about China doomsday scenario goes off unreplied, and panic increases, hence the capital outflow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Central_Television
https://www.facebook.com/cctvcom
http://english.cntv.cn/
http://espanol.cntv.cn/
http://fr.cntv.cn/
http://arabic.cntv.cn/
http://www.cntv.ru/
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChinaViewTV/videos

How is the Turkish media with English based language performing?

Last edited:
I admired your optimism. I really do, but you tend to simplify things about politic in East/South East Asia in a geopolitical level...

Remember the "trust" issue I raised on another post with you? The problem is, while you are thinking it would be the west all along to try to divide and conquer Asia, but the unfortunate truth is, I am afraid Asia have been doing this all the time before even the west have known there is a place called "Asia" exist.

If you look at China's 5000 years history, you will see a pattern of all sort of wars raising all around South/East Asia all the time every 100 or so years. Like this Gif Represent

View attachment 290004

The problem is, this is only China and its conquest during the last 3000 years, there are many other in South Asia, Middle East, and West Asia. What the west does? The west simply capitalize on their warring state and basically strike when there were already chaos everywhere. And nothing beats making money on a chaos world.

It cannot be a "trusted" states exist in all Asiatic country, there were always going to be a war or disagreement somewhere happening within Asia with or without the west meddling. The problem is, while blaming the west indeed shifting blame somewhere else, it does not solve the "trust" issue between each Asian country, and what you said, a Greater Asian Union can only actually happened by either each country totally trust the others of the said union, or one country dominate them all. And while I have already explained why the first one cannot be done, the second one would be the only choice for Asia to unite. However, who would be the dominate force of a united Asia? Long story really short, it's gonna be China.

Much like how US become the sole leader of North and Central America. If there is going to be a united Asia, then China have to dominate the whole Asiatic region, but unlike the US, which only bother 2 countries, China was surrounded by heck a lot of small country and each one of them China have to dominate either by choice or by force to be able to rightfully claim the dominance and hence lead the Asian Union. But for that to happen, once again, would you think other Asian Country would trust the "Chinese Peaceful Rise" with guns pointing at them?

The problem is, what China is doing today is basically blaming the west for meddling the Asiatic Affair which the west does not belong ad basically using this to expand their gain and dominance, for the sake of "getting rid of the west" but when you come to think of it, wasn't this is the exact the same slogan the Japanese used during WW2 to grab land in Asia? For the sake of getting rid of "Western Colony"?

Now, would the rest of the Asia actually see this as any sort of good to them for the "Peaceful Rise" of China? As I said, it always take two to tango, and whatever the west or US is doing, it cannot succeed if there does not exist another party that willing to play the "Bad Guys" on the US Script, and for that, China have fall into it quite nicely.
You act as if the West is some Utopia, a rose of peace, throughout its existence. It took two deadly World War to bring any resemble of peace in the West. Still, rivalry exists to this day. However I give credit to the West because while there are rivalries, they share a common value which all Asian lacks. In fact, there is no common value in Asia. Everyone is for themselves. Look at the pettiness of the Vietnamese or the Filipino to understand what I'm talking about. I have no hope for any kind of unity barring a major war in Asia. Though, the hope is still to put the war aside and develop peace in the meantime. This is where the West try to meddle in our peace process initiative. First by announcing Asia-Pacific Re-balance which caused a trap for us to react aggressively in protecting our interest. Two it bolstered the claims of other parties (namely Japan and Philippines), and encourage to make their moves. At a result, Japan nationalizing Diaoyu/Senkaku and breaking our handshake 1970s agreement to shield sovereign dispute. The Philippines arrested of fisherman in dispute area which was not allowed under DOC. We simply got caught up with two terrible choices, give up our claims to maintain a peaceful rise image or react aggressively to strengthen our national interest at no compromise. We chose the latter because we don't trust these two parties under US leadership.

Anyhow I don't blame them. Why would an rival and/or different civilization wants to aid another civilization in creating unity in the first place, especially one that can challenge the West supremacy? So we are going our separate ways while managing the best we can to continue with our development and make no compromise on our national interest.

Causing speculation and contributing to panic. He should have kept his mouth silent. In his capacity as chief of the department of statistics, he has a risk analyst role in influencing market performance, actually. Former heads of the department of statistics would have been reticent in such cases, but this man seems to be emotional, imho. just looking at his body posture and mannerism.

This doesn't add up.

Wang expressed his confidence toward China's economy at the press briefing, saying the yuan's depreciation in recent months would not have a significant impact on the Chinese economy.

He also brushed off billionaire investor George Soros' earlier comments about a hard landing for China, adding that the opinion was inconsistent with the economic reality in China, Hong Kong-based Ta Kung Pao reported.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/965803.shtml

I don't know the inner workings of the NBS, however, perhaps Mr. Wang also had a role in insider trading or transferring economic activity information to foreign entities. Interesting to know that he is brought down now since he had been in the echelon of the taxation magistrate for close to 20 years now.

I do know that the fact that he mentioned Chinese economic performance in his statement --- contributes to market risk performance. Simple words should not be mentioned in press briefings that are attended by not just public media, but also economists and market surveillance.

You act as if the West is some Utopia, a rose of peace, throughout its existence. It took two deadly World War to bring any resemble of peace in the West. Still, rivalry exists to this day. However I give credit to the West because while there are rivalries, they share a common value which all Asian lacks. In fact, there is no common value in Asia. Everyone is for themselves. Look at the pettiness of the Vietnamese or the Filipino to understand what I'm talking about. I have no hope for any kind of unity barring a major war in Asia. Though, the hope is still to put the war aside and develop peace in the meantime. This is where the West try to meddle in our peace process initiative. First by announcing Asia-Pacific Re-balance which caused a trap for us to react aggressively in protecting our interest. Two it bolstered the claims of other parties (namely Japan and Philippines), and encourage to make their moves. At a result, Japan nationalizing Diaoyu/Senkaku and breaking our handshake 1970s agreement to shield sovereign dispute. The Philippines arrested of fisherman in dispute area which was not allowed under DOC. We simply got caught up with two terrible choices, give up our claims to maintain a peaceful rise image or react aggressively to strengthen our national interest at no compromise. We chose the latter because we don't trust these two parties under US leadership.

Anyhow I don't blame them. Why would an rival and/or different civilization wants to aid another civilization in creating unity in the first place, especially one that can challenge the West supremacy? So we are going our separate ways while managing the best we can to continue with our development and make no compromise on our national interest.

First of all, I never said anything about the west being a utopia or being a saint, The west act like a business man and nothing beats doing business in a time of chaos, in a way, I have indirectly pointing to the West being an interventionist and opportunists. Problem is, it does not cover the fact that Asia don't need America meddling to be in a chaotic state.

Problem is, you or people like you keep blaming US or the West for meddling in Asian affair only give more ammo the US shoot at you and then by doing so, you bitch about it some more. And as I said, many times, you don't need to show yourselves as a big bad wolf just because US or the West said you are. A lot of matter can be solve by dialogue, but it's Chinese choice NOT TO. Even if I agree on US or the West Meddling about Asian Affair, it still takes two to tango, and inevitably, China also help pushing all these country toward the US Camp.

Just because country choose to be friend to the US and the west does not make it against China. This statement seems to lost it meaning to a lot of Chinese here on PDF and in China. But unfortunately for them, this is also the truth and believing otherwise is what pushing other to befriend the US more, not the other way around.

As I said a long time ago, US and the West is always gonna to have present in Asia, unless the American retreat from Guam, and Australia have been replaced by Chinese, which is not possible, and the US are willing to share the power in Asia with the Chinese, but right now, it is the Chinese that are not willing to share. And if this is the case, it would not do good to China anyhow as this is Chinese Backyard, not the American or European. And Both American and European are quite master politician and play very good game in proxies affair. Nobody ask China to give up their integrity for the sake of the West, but then unless all other Chinese's neighbour agree to Chinese Rise (Peaceful or Not) you cannot really shake off the American in this sense.

Back
Top Bottom