What's new

A time will come, Pakistan will Get J-20 as well - Sheikh Rasheed

Pakistan to get J20 in commimg days said sheikh rasheed
1646672336419.png

Last edited:
Few years back he discussed about j10 induction in tv show, now it materialized, so we never know initial discussion may be started and in coming years we may see it materialized too..

Additionally he mentioned J20C variant, which does not exist till date current latest variant is J20b , so he might
be pointing future variant in coming years
The Indian top politicians: if there were Rafaels....

The Pak top politicians: there will be J-20s....

India and Pakistan aren't the same....

Sheikh Rasheed is talking about the future. Betweed 2030 to 2035 India will buy either Russian su57 5th generation or Usa f35s. China and USA will be testing or planning to induct 6th generation jets so J20 will be available to buy. J20C or D will be upgraded 5.5+ generation jet which will have 6th generation technology, similar to J10C which uses 4th and 5th generation technologies. Keep in mind China will invest billions in to new technologies in the next decade so its highly possible Pakistan will buy J20/J35.

This is good news for Pakistan.

We cant just assume and hope the US wont sell them. Nothing has changed in the indo Pacific.

USA wants India to be the next major ally in Asia. They will sell cutting edge technology to them to counter China and allies. India only needs to leave the Russian camp which I believe they will have too, Russia is struggling economically and militarly they need heavy investment which they don't have.

He said a day will come when we will get J-20
So he isnt confirming anything just making a wish

Indeed. I don’t think Pakistan will need J-20 in the short term.
With Russia under severe sanctions India wont get 5th gen fighter so I dont see even a need for 5th gen fighter in the medium term
Maybe discussions are going on for 5th gen fighters but no one is in a hurry as right now priority is JF-17 and J-10

Last edited:
This line of thought need to be tempered. We know that to be untrue. The news is that till 32018 the J10 was totally and utterly out of bounds. Post 2018 it came into the picture. This is despite Musharraf's contract with the Chinese. So currently J20 remains out of bounds. However things do not remain static and are dynamic and scientific developments and progress means what was sacrosanct yesterday becomes common today. I suspect military hardware is the same. The beauty of Sino-Pak relations is Pakistan will never ask our brothers to provide that which they are uncomfortable providing. This is where the confusion occurs. So you will get 054s but only when they have built enough for local consumption, 039s rather than the latest subs. There will be introduction of capabilities to suite Pakistan's needs but this is mutually beneficial as this then backtracks into Chinese developmental cycle.
A

But called it J20C
I think the J-20C is the variant that will be powered by WS-15. An I agree with your point, the local consumption comes first. China now having atleast 120+ J-20s may be inclined to share it with us.

Baki Ghaib ka ilm Shekh sb ko hi pata hai

I think the J-20C is the variant that will be powered by WS-15. An I agree with your point, the local consumption comes first. China now having atleast 120+ J-20s may be inclined to share it with us.

Baki Ghaib ka ilm Shekh sb ko hi pata hai

Between 2030 - 2035 Ws15 will be ready and J20 will incorporate more technologies. Pakistan will purchase 5th generation jet from China but only when India inducts. We could have bought J10B but didn't because there was no need but since Rafale was inducted, paf straight away ordered J10Cs to keep the balance.

Between 2030 - 2035 Ws15 will be ready and J20 will incorporate more technologies. Pakistan will purchase 5th generation jet from China but only when India inducts. We could have bought J10B but didn't because there was no need but since Rafale was inducted, paf straight away ordered J10Cs to keep the balance.
By some estimates Ws-15 may be available by 2025. But open source data on J-20 is very sketchy. Also, I hate this mentality or supposed psyche of following India and I don't think that's the case. just look at the procurement of all services. We're not following India, we're getting those things that suit our doctrine regardless of whatever India does. We were shopping for a new plane from 2013 onwards when we couldn't get those 8 F-16s.

Everybody calm down, it was speculative figure of speech.
too late.. we're gonna get this baby up to 500 pages

Paf have good past relationships with changdu so j20 will have bright chance

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom