What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

Though the venerable "Chinese-Dragon" also fits this group.... I miss that guy, he was a smart wise well-read one. A loss to this forum by his seeming permanent departure.

Smart ? His posts were just snarky and cruel. I don't understand why they made him a TTA. And he wasn't a great believer in the CCP and told me once of the autonomy of the Hong Kong system to where he belonged and which "allowed" him to make such anti-CCP views heard. I would say he would have participated in the 2019 riots there.

And because of all this he found great support among the Bhakts.

Smart ? His posts were just snarky and cruel. I don't understand why they made him a TTA. And he wasn't a great believer in the CCP and told me once of the autonomy of the Hong Kong system to where he belonged and which "allowed" him to make such anti-CCP views heard. I would say he would have participated in the 2019 riots there.

And because of all this he found great support among the Bhakts.

Frankly a very limited understanding of him. But then again you don't know any Cantonese either, so you cannot share some friendly chat with him. Plus he may never have warmed up to you or something you said put him off (which is often the case with you I have found).

He definitely would not have participated in the demonstrations like you seem to assume. He always recognised HK as part of one China. I really don't know what you are on about. Why would that mean he needs to be a 100% stronk CCP supporter like you seem to want out of everyone in China? You dont even know the top 5 insults in cantonese towards mainlanders and why they have come about (largely because of CPC attitude)....I'll leave it at that.

"Great support among the bhakts"....you realise the number of times he criticised India on all kind of matters? He was good balance of liberal and conservative values to me overall.

Frankly a very limited understanding of him. But then again you don't know any Cantonese either, so you cannot share some friendly chat with him. Plus he may never have warmed up to you or something you said put him off (which is often the case with you I have found).

He definitely would not have participated in the demonstrations like you seem to assume. He always recognised HK as part of one China. I really don't know what you are on about. Why would that mean he needs to be a 100% stronk CCP supporter like you seem to want out of everyone in China? You dont even know the top 5 insults in cantonese towards mainlanders and why they have come about (largely because of CPC attitude)....I'll leave it at that.

"Great support among the bhakts"....you realise the number of times he criticised India on all kind of matters? He was good balance of liberal and conservative values to me overall.

He clearly did not like Muslims or Islam.

His duels with Indians was him working to a template.

He was spiritually a Dharmic atheist. Born to Buddhist-Taoist parents. Practising. Cultural.

He was spiritually a Dharmic atheist. Born to Buddhist-Taoist parents. Practising. Cultural.

@Nilgiri, above is what I missed. Quite a few of his posts were about his love for Dharmic tradition, hence he being admired by the Bhakts.

He definitely would not have participated in the demonstrations like you seem to assume.

Isn't "demonstration" too understated a word for the HK events ?

Why would that mean he needs to be a 100% stronk CCP supporter like you seem to want out of everyone in China?

I am not sure if the Chinese political-economic model can be exported.

You dont even know the top 5 insults in cantonese towards mainlanders and why they have come about (largely because of CPC attitude)

Why is it necessary for me to know that ?

He clearly did not like Muslims or Islam.

His duels with Indians was him working to a template.

Well I probably just never got into that side with him. This whole religion thing is something I prefer to stay out of more generally, got my hand burned enough on it.

Chinese in general are not huge into lot of "end-tier" religion stuff, but retain lot of the structure overall in other ways as you have noticed (as grander cultural aegis/philosophy)....they thus do not like those that have strong end-tier practice/commitment....they see it as against their own layered temperance. That is long long discussion actually having seen, lived, talked and broken bread with them a long while in my case.

Thinking about it more now, Chinese Dragon was probably the guy I had deepest convo (here) regarding the tai ping rebellion and the grand mismatch of abrahamic structure to the longer gestation of traditional chinese culture....and the lingering results of that debacle (among others happening to China at same time) for the 20th century to follow. I think his mistrust/aversion definitely extends to abrahamic religions more generally.

This was just small spectrum of what I talked about with him tho....most was other stuff entirely like economics, history and philosophy iirc.

Well I probably just never got into that side with him. This whole religion thing is something I prefer to stay out of more generally, got my hand burned enough on it.

Chinese in general are not huge into lot of "end-tier" religion stuff, but retain lot of the structure overall in other ways as you have noticed (as grander cultural aegis/philosophy)....they thus do not like those that have strong end-tier practice/commitment....they see it as against their own layered temperance. That is long long discussion actually having seen, lived, talked and broken bread with them a long while in my case.

Thinking about it more now, Chinese Dragon was probably the guy I had deepest convo (here) regarding the tai ping rebellion and the grand mismatch of abrahamic structure to the longer gestation of traditional chinese culture....and the lingering results of that debacle (among others happening to China at same time) for the 20th century to follow. I think his mistrust/aversion definitely extends to abrahamic religions more generally.

This was just small spectrum of what I talked about with him tho....most was other stuff entirely like economics, history and philosophy iirc.

A loss either way for sure. He was a great international ambassador of China. I don't think any Hong Konger is really inherently a One China man. Its a cultural and business and realpolitik thing. Think Mumbai separated from India for 200 years, coming back to India in 1992.

@Nilgiri, above is what I missed. Quite a few of his posts were about his love for Dharmic tradition, hence he being admired by the Bhakts.

OK...yes but that would be more because of bhakts swarming around sugar like flies...not the sugar's fault.

Isn't "demonstration" too understated a word for the HK events ?

Well I don't know where you stand on the issue....I just use the basic vague word.

I am not sure if the Chinese political-economic model can be exported.

It can't....for multiple reasons (specific to China). Don't need to wonder about it....check it off the list and move on to better things to think. Take it from me.

Why is it necessary for me to know that ?

Because not everyone is in love with Communism/authoritarianism....in fact it actively does its bit to stir up more hate out of neutrals. You don't have to know them specifically, but know they are there. There is actually a statue just outside where I would meet up with friends in downtown HK, that in very nuanced way commemorates the tianenmen tragedy....the mainlanders still haven't really figured it out (not that they could remove it even if they did).

There are substantial Hindus in India who have never even seen that many Muslims (except on TV and movies) due to residential segregation. That is why those memes around "Abdul Puncturewala' are so popular.

I once asked a Modi supporter (it was a Gujarati Jain type) to tell me Top 5 words that came to his mind when I said "Muslim." I shit you not. this is what that genius told me after drawing a few heavy breaths.

D-uh
1. Biryani
2. Non-veg
3. Pakistan
4. Jihadi
5. Shahrukh Khan

Of course, it triggered a volatile reaction. He immediately burst into a rant about how Muslims of India are traitors etc. He also used a lot of unspeakable words to describe Muslims but I leave that to your imagination.

I wish I could say this was an EXTREME nutcase, and the average Modiphile doesn't think this way. But I know it's just not true.

That's it. I'm done with you: you are on iggy now. What an annoying person. Sorry to say but some of my fellow Indians on this forum sound like a broken record. They are not adding to the discussion but only nitpicking with Modilogics 2.0, constantly derailing the topics. I am not going to engage with these posters anymore. They are a complete waste of time. As soon as these guys talking sh*t, I'll put them on Ignore bin without exceptions.
My personal favourite was when once I debated with a personal friend who - having been raised in mixed communities in UK was far more balanced in his own views than perhaps the people you're describing - argued with me that banning Pakistani cricketers from IPL was a matter of justifiable national Indian interest. I don't like cricket...in any case I was triggered so argued back.

His dear mother who overheard in the kitchen charged in and added that people like Shahid Afridi are a security risk if they carry bombs. I laughed because I thought she was joking but she was actually serious! I still laughed out of politeness. But the level of misinformation and disinformation among some in India and the older diaspora generations is disconcerting.

My personal favourite was when once I debated with a personal friend who - having been raised in mixed communities in UK was far more balanced in his own views than perhaps the people you're describing - argued with me that banning Pakistani cricketers from IPL was a matter of justifiable national Indian interest. I don't like cricket...in any case I was triggered so argued back.

His dear mother who overheard in the kitchen charged in and added that people like Shahid Afridi are a security risk if they carry bombs. I laughed because I thought she was joking but she was actually serious! I still laughed out of politeness. But the level of misinformation and disinformation among some in India and the older diaspora generations is disconcerting.

Afridi will never be forgiven for that comment.

Its best everyone accepts that and moves on.

Taali do haath se bajti hai.

Indians are experts at getting to the bottom of a well-meaning Muslim or otherwise.

Afridi will never be forgiven for that comment.

Its best everyone accepts that and moves on.

Taali do haath se bajti hai.

Indians are experts at getting to the bottom of a well-meaning Muslim or otherwise.

Why is India supposed to take Pakistani cricketers in IPL? Why do you want Gangadesh Money? Also it is not like Wasim, Waqar and Inzamam were denied. At best Shoaib Akhtar was denied. Asif amd Aamer were destroyed by the PCB itself.

That's funny. First they let you inside their home, and then talk cr@p about your country right in your face, as if you were one of their own. Maybe they would consider you one of their own if you tell them you are vegetarian - who knows?

Where have I seen that scene played out before so many times? Never mind.

Such a real scenario you described.

In the following video the narrator tried to explain the relation between segregation and communal violence though he missed many points and according to his own data it does not collaborate well like in Hyderabad it is more segregated second to Ahmedabad but communal disturbance is much lower in Hyderabad with all its shortsightedness the video do explain in lucid way the co-relation between segregation and communal violence. Do watch and share your views.

@jamahir @xeuss @TheGreatMaratha @Joe Shearer @SecularNationalist @secular.muslim @AfrazulMandal @Politico @Areesh @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Pandora @masterchief_mirza @Naofumi @prashantazazel @Mangus Ortus Novem @Mentee
Interesting insights .
Even if you mix communities together it will come at a cost of majority suppressing a minority. At least that's what happens in India,s context where almost everyone is a religious zealot.
That much segregation and discrimination already exists in India and yet you have the audacity to call India a secular and tolerant country.From what is obvious from the naked eye we are safe to say people in India from different religions live together but by together we mean they live together in separate communities .But there is a central government which is staunch Hindu not just this BJP government but always it was a Hindu majority elected Hindu leaders who represent those Hindu communities not all communities. But they expect everyone to call themselves Indian so what exactly is INDIAN?
On a ground reality those separate communities are not just communities but separate Nations and ideologies in themselves based on their religion,common culture and shared history. So it all boils to the statement of our great Quaid MA Jinnah "One India is impossible realisation and with britishers going we are just changing our masters i.e going from British slavery to hindu slavery"
The ideology of nehru and Gandhi of artificially uniting India under one umbrella is indeed a failed ideology . Never ever India was one country and it never will be . Infact the word "India" is a British one ,a word which doesn't belong to this region .
So does not matter what in India people will live in segregated communities with the community in greater majority economically and socially murdering the smaller communities. The solution only lies in the disintegration of India into smaller countries because it fails to function as one country. There is a reason why it's called a subCONTINENT,and a continent is not a country.
It's like making the whole continent of Africa a country when in reality there a several different nations , religion's,histories,cultures and languages reside in that continent which in future will definitely be problematic because of the difference in way of life and there will be no sense of belonging.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom