What's new

A religious question

VCheng

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Given the last post by Santro in this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/sugges...ious-debates-other-nations-3.html#post2256372

I wanted to ask a serious question with the hope of a polite and substantive discussion.

ADMINS/MOD: Please close or delete this thread if OP or subsequent discussion is inappropriate.

==========================================================

There are religious zealots who insist on a puritanical interpretation of just about every topic being discussed, while being convinced themselves that theirs is the only way to true salvation.

If it were so important to follow the only path to salvation, why would Allah, the most beneficent and merciful, create all this diversity of color, thought, religion and country to begin with? After all, the many wonders of his creation, from galaxies down to microbes, all show a harmonious existence with all their diversity, so why not human beings, the epitome of his creation?

Although you have good intent, I would go with the general forum rule, and wish the thread is closed ASAP. Too many threads/posts about religion already in the forum.

shhhssshhh!!!!!!!

not so loud ......

u just believe what u have told ....no more questions ....

Religion is a sensitive issue to everyone. You do whatever but you can't change the opinion of other people in that matter because they will gonna find the faults in your's religion. PDF should not encourage religious threads. scums are there in every religion.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/sugges...ious-debates-other-nations-3.html#post2256372

I wanted to ask a serious question with the hope of a polite and substantive discussion.

ADMINS/MOD: Please close or delete this thread if OP or subsequent discussion is inappropriate.

There are religious zealots who insist on a puritanical interpretation of just about every topic being discussed, while being convinced themselves that theirs is the only way to true salvation.

If it were so important to follow the only path to salvation, why would Allah, the most beneficent and merciful, create all this diversity of color, thought, religion and country to begin with? After all, the many wonders of his creation, from galaxies down to microbes, all show a harmonious existence with all their diversity, so why not human beings, the epitome of his creation?

well very heavy question,

you are trying to ask the purpose of diversity in creation/creatures ..... in islamic scope only am i right?

In Christianity, diversity came about when man attempted to build the tower of Babylon.

Well their could be many answers with respective to every religion and even science could have its own answer also, for now lets focus at possible Islamic answer.

Allah almighty said that he as created every and its has its own purpose , he has not told purpose of every thing to us , the purpose of human being is to spend his life piously helping poor and oppressed according to Islam given ways, and he also have been given choice to choose right path for him , by giving the choice Allah allows permits diversity to occur. Some will choose his path some will other. Regarding other creatures he has his own plans we don't know about all of them.

I might be wrong some where , correct me if wrong somewhere , given answer according to my limited knowledge.

@VCheng: Can you please help me to understand that does Islam religion allow coexistance with other religion? Guys dont take me wrong....I am asking because this is a typical question that comes to my mind always?

@VCheng: Can you please help me to understand that does Islam religion allow coexistance with other religion? Guys dont take me wrong....I am asking because this is a typical question that comes to my mind always?

YES, it does, unequivocally.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Salvation come from within, doesn't matter what you follow. GOD is the best of judge!

Bro, that is the meaning of life. Bonding with one another, even though there is diversity, thinking differently, giving a mind body soul of our own so that we can be different. This makes us human. If we are all the same, there is no need for us to live cause technically we will be robots.

Well... nature is complex and amazing, but not necessarily harmonious in terms of lack of strife. But then we humans have reason, and a choice of whether to live peacefully with our neighbors or not, whereas animals have only instinct. Maybe the Creator gave us brains to figure this one out?

As to diversity, this is just my own whimsical way of seeing the universe, not so much from a religious creed... but if you see the Creator as the Divine Artist, then you can picture Him sharing with all of us the wonders of the universe He created, and like all artists He loves to hear praise of His work. So next time you see a beautiful sunset, let Him know you enjoyed it, and don't be too critical about the parts of planet earth you don't like :)

Back
Top Bottom