What's new

A question From History of Pak Armed Forces.

Umair Nawaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Who do think is the best Commander we ever produced in Country's all three branches of armed forces. Who has really performed greatly in Battles and later on became a commander.
Army
Navy
Airforce.

I think from Navy it has to be Rear Admiral Ahmed Tasnim. Possibly the best in South Asia and one of best in Asia.
From Airforce it could be the legendary Air Commodore MM Alam. He is undoubtedly best in South Asia as well as in Asia and one of best in the modern air warfare history.
From Army?? I think no one.:unsure:

Lets share our thoughts and discuss.

@RASHID MEHMOOD
@Windjammer
@Dazzler
@Xeric
@Irfan Baloch
@Najam Khan
@Aeronaut
@Pfpilot
@Ulla
@Muradk

Last edited:
MM Alam wasn't a commander.

From Air Force, it would be commanders leading the Pakistan's air power in 1965 war...and smashing indians left and right..

Air Marshall Nur Khan and Asghar Khan comes to mind.

PAF's chief, Musaf Ali Mir, was also one heck of a commander..

For AF it has to be ACM Noor Khan and Asghar Khan

Despite what you call him, General Ayub lead the country in 1965 with pride. The war ended in a stalemate, exactly what we
wanted to achieve as Pakistan had no aims to expand unlike the aggressor.

For ISI (Our first line of offense) it has to be General Akhtar Abdul Rehman (The bear slayer). The man was a tactical genius who's untimely death was a great blow to Pakistan.

Despite what you call him, General Ayub lead the country in 1965 with pride. The war ended in a stalemate, exactly what we

For ISI (Our first line of offense) it has to be General Akhtar Abdul Rehman (The bear slayer). The man was a tactical genius who's untimely death was a great blow to Pakistan.
How did he died? and in what circumstances.

BTW what abt Navy i think Rear Admiral Ahmad Tasnim is unmatched.

Even Hitler wouldn't dare declare himself as the non-aggressor after launching two offensives into another nation's territory. Hell, it would be more believable if you had stated that it was a preemptive strike. But then, believe what you want, declare what you would, don't make no difference to the ground realities

But that apart, Pakistan has produced many tactical genius, I agree. Unfortunately, they always turned out to be strategic amateurs. We here are not too better. But our political leaders who managed to transcend into statesman did provide us with enough strategic insight.

Can't comment on Navy but where as overall command may have been under General Ayub or Yayha but two names that stand out are those of General Musa and General Tikka Khan. After the redoubtable Nur Khan, no doubt ACM Mushaff was a no nonsense leader and watch out for the present Air Chief, he's very thinking type who believes in giving a reply.

Who do think is the best Commander we ever produced in Country's all three branches of armed forces. Who has really performed greatly in Battles and later on became a commander.
Army
Navy
Airforce.

I think from Navy it has to be Rear Admiral Ahmed Tasnim. Possibly the best in South Asia and one of best in Asia.
From Airforce it could be the legendary Air Commodore MM Alam. He is undoubtedly best in South Asia as well as in Asia and one of best in the modern air warfare history.
From Army?? I think no one.:unsure:

Lets share our thoughts and discuss.

@RASHID MEHMOOD
@Windjammer
@Dazzler
@Xeric
@Irfan Baloch
@Najam Khan
@Aeronaut

@Ulla
It has to be General Akhtar Khan

Some smashing. Started the war to capture Kashmir. And now you celebrate victory day for stopping Indian army from capturing Lahore :D.. Talk about changing goal posts ;)
There you go on your digressing banter again..... the comment was for the late Nur Khan, who by all standards lead PAF efficiently into a hard hitting force. Watch the video to understand his way of thinking .

There you go on your digressing banter again..... the comment was for the late Nur Khan, who by all standards lead PAF efficiently into a hard hitting force. Watch the video to understand his way of thinking .

My bad.. If we were just discussing a good over in a lost cricket match and patting the bowler on his back for that good over in a lost match, then I will back off :)

Back
Top Bottom