A question about Barak 8

Vaas

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Salon_du_Bourget_20090619_077.jpg

Now the Indo-Israeli Barak 8 missile has been succesfully test fired. It is regarded as the naval Iron dome by the experts. it is k own worldwide how succesful the iron dome system has been in intercepting and destroying in mid air the rockets fired by the palestinian terrorists. Barak 8 has been designed to defeat the most advanced and fastest cruise missile of the world i.e. the Brahmos. Kolkata is supposed to feature both these missiles that means both, the poison and the antedote.

So can it or platforms based on this missile be used to shoot down incoming enemy nuclear missiles too? Unlike India, pakistan does not have capability to launch nukes from undersea. so if we perfect the technology to shoot down the incoming enemy missiles in mid air then pakistani nuclear missiles wont count for s**t. they may or may not hit us with atomic bomb but we certainly will with our K 15s and K 4.

Now the Indo-Israeli Barak 8 missile has been succesfully test fired. It is regarded as the naval Iron dome by the experts. it is k own worldwide how succesful the iron dome system has been in intercepting and destroying in mid air the rockets fired by the palestinian terrorists. Barak 8 has been designed to defeat the most advanced and fastest cruise missile of the world i.e. the Brahmos. Kolkata is supposed to feature both these missiles that means both, the poison and the antedote.

So can it or platforms based on this missile be used to shoot down incoming enemy nuclear missiles too? Unlike India, pakistan does not have capability to launch nukes from undersea. so if we perfect the technology to shoot down the incoming enemy missiles in mid air then pakistani nuclear missiles wont count for s**t. they may or may not hit us with atomic bomb but we certainly will with our K 15s and K 4.

So can it or platforms based on this missile be used to shoot down incoming enemy nuclear missiles too

possibility, but for terrain hugging cruise missiles it's nearly impossible to stop them.

thinking you can shot down your nemesis nuclear weapons is foolish in my opinion, it's all about MAD.

So can it or platforms based on this missile be used to shoot down incoming enemy nuclear missiles too

possibility, but for terrain hugging cruise missiles it's nearly impossible to stop them.

thinking you can shot down your nemesis nuclear weapons is foolish in my opinion, it's all about MAD.

1. Even a low range 2nd Generation SAM can bring down sub sonic cruise missile.
India is working on BMD defense with AAD/PAD-PDV. It is under development.
2. Subsonic CM like Tomahawk can barely maneuverable at < 15 G.
Ra'ad ALCM and Babur GLCM are of south african and chinese in origin.
Denel dynamics built and designed Ra'ad from scratch while China reverse engineered KH-55 and made an export version of GLCM which Pakistan named it as Babur.

3. Cruise missiles are not hard to beat until Pak comes up with long range SLCM which is very difficult for them. Pakistan's Cruise missiles aren't made of composite. Their RCS is too hugh and can easily be detected even if they come in radar range for few seconds

4. Detection of cruise missiles shouldnt be tought job .
A country with integrated space cell can easily detect launch of such cruise missiles.
An Integrated radar network with series of aerostat radars and AWACS are easy hunters for subsonic cruise missiles

5. IF Pak had indigenous capacity then Pak would have easily converted Babur GLCM into Babur ALCM.

China torpedo launched cruise missile have range of 128 km.
Pak ll be 1st asian country to have 500 km + range SLCM from torpedo if they manage to achieve it.

=>. CM-708UNA is the most powerful submarine launched naval torpedo variant CM with 128 km range.

"At Zhuhai China Air Show 201:
CM-708UNA, a submarine-launched missile by torpedo tube, is applicable for various submarine platforms, undertaking the stealthy underwater attack mission aimed for the medium-to-large ships and inshore targets. The missile adpots underwater unpowered and controlled launchde mode, strap-down INS + satellite combined navigation, high precision radar seeker, digital control and other new technologies. The CM-708UNA adopts turbojet engine + solid rocket booster with 128km range.
The missile system features in high adaptability, highly concealed launched capability, strong defense penetration capability, high hit accuracy, etc.
"

=>. Chinese YJ-18 under developmemt is the most powerful VLS launched SLCM with range of 220 km.

It might also have a torpedo version in future

=>. Popeye which is a Torpedo SLCM from Israel has limited range of 300 KM

Even if Pak manage to make SLCM, the CM should have to fly 200-300 KM in Indian waters/land. It is almost impossible for them to travel undetected at such low speed.

Last edited:
but for terrain hugging cruise missiles it's nearly impossible to stop them

Problem with terrain hugging cruise missiles is they are difficult to detect thanks to their extremely low altitude which creates ground clutter for tracking radars. But you may find it hard to convince some Indian posters.

A project is on to make a Barak 8 like 250 to 300 KM range missile.

Check this ra'ad missile flying close to ground even you can see the shadow and tel me can Barak take this

Depends on who you ask the question, for trolls anything is possible.

As a layman I believe Gatling guns or SAMs designed to hit extremely low flying targets can do the job, depends on what is the minimum intercepting altitude for Barak.

Check this ra'ad missile flying close to ground even you can see the shadow and tel me can Barak take this

if Barak can take down Yakhont and Brahmos systems then i think your Raad stands no chance, our CIWS system are enough to defeat your raad.

Any missile is as good as it's own seeker or it's networked radar. A stealth configured cruise missile or mirved ballistic missile has no reliable cure, and the funny thing is, both are pretty much inexpensive tools vis-a-vis multi billion dollar naval assets. Do remember, it's not rockets we're talking about. In a nutshell, best second strike capability will remain with submarines for the foreseeable future.

Any missile is as good as it's own seeker or it's networked radar. A stealth configured cruise missile or mirved ballistic missile has no reliable cure, and the funny thing is, both are pretty much inexpensive tools vis-a-vis multi billion dollar naval assets. Do remember, it's not rockets we're talking about. In a nutshell, best second strike capability will remain with submarines for the foreseeable future.

MIRVs are old tech latest is MARV.

In a nutshell, best second strike capability will remain with submarines for the foreseeable future.

That's why SSBNs are considered the ultimate strike weapon.

MARV's are also old school. There are certain unsaid redlines, milestones, thresholds that lead to rollback of such technologies. Trust you me, India or Pakistan will never cross those red lines. No matter what. There's a huge spat going on between China and the US for one such test, best left unsaid.

MIRVs are old tech latest is MARV.

That's why SSBNs are considered the ultimate strike weapon.

LOL...that can be taken down by Aakash missile system itself. You don't even need a Barak for that.

Aakash is designed to bring down Aircrafts, you think it cannot bring down a cruise missile travelling at 0.8 mach ? :lol:

235_10824_358913.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom