What's new

A Patriot - A Leader - A Spy

No Doubt- After General Rizwan He was the best we had. Met both of them and were really impressed with their Personality and hardwork for this Nation. New cheif has a lot to follow in their footsteps.

yes i think i forgot to mention names of generals in my earlier post but the context with which i was saying is what i mentioned later in replying to your quote
Doesn't quite translate when you state, "he is like all other generals nothing extraordinary'.

IMHO the biggest achievement of Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar is that he was appointed as DG ISI by Nawaz Sharif replacing Gen Rizwan Akhter to give relief to the Shareefs as Naveed Mukhtar is indirectly related to Shareefs , but he remained impartial and did not take side of the Shareefs against court decisions. This was one big reason why both Nawaz and Maryam spewed more venom against Army as their own chosen man did not come forward to defend them !

IMHO the biggest achievement of Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar is that he was appointed as DG ISI by Nawaz Sharif replacing Gen Rizwan Akhter to give relief to the Shareefs as Naveed Mukhtar is indirectly related to Shareefs , but he remained impartial and did not take side of the Shareefs against court decisions. This was one big reason why both Nawaz and Maryam spewed more venom against Army as their own chosen man did not come forward to defend them !

Naveed Mukhtar was appointed by Gen. Bajwa and not Nawaz Shareef.
ISI is an intra-army agency.
DG - ISI appointment is done by COAS.

No doubt an incredible General and an incredible man.

I can share one story about him, when he was the Cor Comm of Karachi.

One night the army was tasked to do a surprise mock raid on Cor Comm house to check the efficiency of security apparatus (a routine drill in many sections of Army and Govt.).
When they party reached the Cor Comm house in the middle of the night, they were told by the guards to complete their exercise without making any noise - because Cor Comm Sahab was in the middle of saying Tahajjudd Namaz.

Family relation with Nawaz family, but he disappointed them ...lol

Sir, you are right that Rizwan Akhtar came during a time when things were much worse and in crisis mode. But the really bad time was under Pasha and Zaheer-ul-Islam (highest number of bombings, etc.) and Gen Mukhtar was DG-CT in the ISI then and set the standards that continued under Gen Rizwan.
Janab Lt General Naveed became Lt General before Lt General Rizwan Akhtar. Lt General Naveed was core commander Karachi

If you're in the ISI, you don't have any relatives, they become expendible including your family if the need arises. Agency is your family.
None of them belongs to core of ISI,they are just deputed and rotated.

A Patriot - A Leader - A Spy

View attachment 504406

Heading an organisation like the ISI is a position of global significance any given day of the year, it comes with its own powers and pitfalls. However the service rendered by this particular officer to Pakistan's national security & indeed to International peace & stability is unprecedented when the threat dynamics of the time slot he served in are factored in.

Lt. General Naveed Mukhtar's relationship with the ISI began during the most bleak & darkest hours of our State's history, when the survival of the state was still a question to be answered. He was among the few men at the right place & at the time to answer the call and answer they did. Lt. General Naveed Mukhtar was then the head of ISI's Counterterrorism effort. It wouldn't be wrong to say that all things considered - this man is the principal architect of Pakistan's successful Counterterrorism programme, which was and still is being executed by various organs of the State.

In a few days, Lt. General Naveed Mukhtar will hang his boots after an illustrious 35 year long service rendered to the State of Pakistan. We would be lucky to hear about his experiences, being who he was, what he did and what he was capable of during the darkest hours of our country - years from now.

We at Pakistan Defence Forum chose to write this short tribute to first thank him for his service to Pakistan and secondly to highlight key facts about a man who helped navigate this country through existential crisis. It is because of patriots like him that we remain safe & strong.

Pakistan Zindabad

Horus from team Pakistan Defence
Thought u were talking about Putin

Janab Lt General Naveed became Lt General before Lt General Rizwan Akhtar. Lt General Naveed was core commander Karachi

That is correct. When did I state otherwise? Naveed went from DG-CT (2 star) at ISI to Khi Corps Commander (3 star) before Rizwan Akhtar (promoted from DG Rangers KHI as a 2-star) became a 3-star and took command of the ISI.

Back
Top Bottom