What's new

A must read by Khuswant Singh

Punjabbi Munda

Reaction score
Once again some philosophers and theologians have revived their belief in the existence of God. They use different names for Him, Her or It.
God can be Brahma, the Creator, God can be Allah, Rabb, Parmeshwar or Wahguru. In any event whatever name you give Him, He is regarded as the Creator of all life in the world.
If you ask believers if God created life, then ask them if that is so, who created Him? They have no answer.
The truth is that life on earth was not created. It evolved as did every living creature. It was not created by any person by whatever name you call Him or Her. There was no Creator. It is not God who created us; we created God

Kuldip Nayar
During my last two years in Lahore I taught Hindu Law and Law of Contracts at the Law College. Among my many students was Kuldip Nayar. Ever since, he has called me Professor Sahib. He rose to eminence as one of India’s top-most journalists and civil servants. He was appointed India’s High Commissioner in London.
We shared two Passions in common. One was that nothing should harm the close relationship between Hindus and Sikhs; it was, and is, nauh-mass da rishta, as a nail to the flesh out of which it grows.

When the massacre of Sikhs took place in northern India following the assassination of Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguard, he went to the Gurdwara in Shepherd’s Bush in London to ask for forgiveness. At a mass meeting of Sikhs at Gurdwara Rakab Ganj I thanked Hindus who had come out of their homes to protect Sikhs from Hindu gangsters thirsting for their blood. Both of us were forced to flee from our homes for our lives. Both of us continue to plead for close and friendlier relations with Pakistan
Kuldip has recently published his autobiography: Beyond The Lines: An Autobiography (Roli Books). It belongs to the category of must-read books. It is well- worded. It has no elements of self-praise, which usually make autobiographies written by most Indians unreadable.
Unfortunately, Kuldip Nayar is a Strict teetotaler. Water drinkers make poor companions at drink time.
Why so sad?
Though Shiromani Akali Dal had earlier swept the Assembly elections in Punjab and now come out victorious in Municipal polls, yet it’s referred to as SAD. Isn’t it sad?
At a closed-door meeting of Shiromani Akali Dal it was suggested that it should change its name since its abbreviated name SAD doesn’t sound great.
And it was proposed that its name should be changed to Badal Akali Dal. But then someone interjected to say that new name too would be distasteful as its abbreviated form would read BAD.

Indo-Pak relations
How can the chemistry of relations between India and Pakistan be summed up in a couplet?

Dil saaf ho kaise
Ke Insaaf Nahin
Insaaf ho Kaise
Ke dil saaf nahin

How can you clean your heart
When there is no justice?
How can there be justice
When the heart is not clean
(Courtesy: KJS Ahluwalia, Amritsar)

Presidential power

Front cover of* ‘Thuglak ‘ magazine: Editor: Cho Ramaswamy
Translated: “Excellent job opportunity for the old, aged and infirm.”
Nature of Job: President of India
Job Content:
(i) Console people on the Republic Day after the flag hoisting.
(ii) Keep perusing mercy petitions from murderers without taking any decision.
(iii) Travel abroad with family.
(iv) Salary: 1,50,000 p.m.
Perks: Space here is not sufficient. Booklet will be sent on payment of R10 by crossed postal order.

Divine Dispensation
Nobody teaches volcanoes to erupt, tsunamis to devastate, hurricanes to sway around and no one teaches how to choose a wife. Natural disasters just happen.:lol:
If God created all things, then who created him? - Hindustan Times

Gurudwara Rakab ganj in Delhi is exactly where Guru tegh bahadur ji's headless body was cremated.

Most of Pakistanis dont care much about religion... We are secular yet act like Islamic mullahs... No Islamic party in Pakistan has ever been voted. Even today I was watching Islamic answering show on Geo, and no Pakistani could even answer right the Islamic questions...

Don't stereotype Pakistan on the basis of a bunch of Schizos

Most of Pakistanis dont care much about religion... We are secular yet act like Islamic mullahs... No Islamic party in Pakistan has ever been voted. Even today I was watching Islamic answering show on Geo, and no Pakistani could even answer right the Islamic questions...

Where is the generalisation? In fact he advocated for better relations with Pakistan
As for bold part...completely disagree! 9 out of 10 Pakistanis here that I could tell are deeply religious
Though I have to agree with the facts that you provide
And being religious is not wrong.. Depends how you accept your religion and others

This isnt about Pakistan. Its about Khuswant Singh, a noted author, journalist and a man of many many hats!! However I like the sentiments you mentioned and agree with those to a large extent.

If you ask believers if God created life, then ask them if that is so, who created Him? They have no answer.
The truth is that life on earth was not created. It evolved as did every living creature. It was not created by any person by whatever name you call Him or Her. There was no Creator. It is not God who created us; we created God

If only Man would understand this!! But then sane logic and blind faith are mortal enemies!

This isnt about Pakistan. Its about Khuswant Singh, a noted author, journalist and a man of many many hats!! However I like the sentiments you mentioned and agree with those to a large extent.

If only Man would understand this!! But then sane logic and blind faith are mortal enemies!
:lol: :tup:

The truth is that life on earth was not created. It evolved as did every living creature. It was not created by any person by whatever name you call Him or Her. There was no Creator. It is not God who created us; we created God[/U].

Who created God? This is the most stupid question i ever heard from people . They don't realize that God had no beginning so how could someone who is eternal by nature can be created. Its like asking someone to count till infinity. Secondly evolution of life started after its creation. Something needed existence before the process of evolution. The universe exploded into existence at a point in time. Therefore the universe is not eternal

Who created God? This is the most stupid question i ever heard from people . They don't realize that God had no beginning so how could someone who is eternal by nature can be created. Its like asking someone to count till infinity. Secondly evolution of life started after its creation. Something needed existence before the process of evolution. The universe exploded into existence at a point in time. Therefore the universe is not eternal
If a thing which didn't have a beginning how can it exist?

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?”
- Friedrich Nietzsche

If a thing which didn't have a beginning how can it exist?

Self sufficient things don't need beginning or first cause. Do you believe in infinity? Your problem is you consider God some form of matter or physical thing. You better need to study what is nature of God before asking question of his beginning. First give me answer of question : How you define "God"? What are attributes of your "God"?

Self sufficient things don't need beginning or first cause. Do you believe in infinity? Your problem is you consider God some form of matter or physical thing. You better need to study what is nature of God before asking question of his beginning. First give me answer of question : How you define "God"? What are attributes of your "God"?
My god? Is nothing..if you want to give a great person,who served humanity the status of god it's a different thing.. But to credit him/her/it( lol we can't even know whether god is he/she :P) with creation of everything.. I can only pity at your narrow thinking.. But it's your opinion and mine is different!

how do you define god?

My god? Is nothing..if you want to give a great person,who served humanity the status of god it's a different thing.. But to credit him/her/it( lol we can't even know whether god is he/she :P) with creation of everything.. I can only pity at your narrow thinking.. But it's your opinion and mine is different!

So you don't know anything about God and you are asking who created " GOD" lol so which God you were talking about when you said he cannot exist without beginning? Your personal God?

You dont know anything about my thinking and you calling it narrow thinking which is proof of your broad mind :P

God is neither he nor she but as i said you are going to discover God without even knowing what is "God". Good luck for your broad mind approach..what do you mean creation of everything?

how do you define god?

The Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him

So you don't know anything about God and you are asking who created " GOD" lol so which God you were talking about when you said he cannot exist without beginning? Your personal God?

You dont know anything about my thinking and you calling it narrow thinking which is proof of your broad mind :P

God is neither he nor she but as i said you are going to discover God without even knowing what is "God". Good luck for your broad mind approach..what do you mean creation of everything?

The Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him
Did you not solve the mystery of how the unverse came into existance... by a definition. lol :)
Do you have any evidence that 'he' exists? (exists not as an idea or emotion in our brain, but in the real sense of word)

The truth is that life on earth was not created. It evolved as did every living creature.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/197283-must-read-khuswant-singh.html#ixzz21KYBKnTa
Nonsensical tripe from a cynical sardar who has one leg in his grave! If life 'evolved' then all monkeys would also have evolved and should have been wearing pants like us. But they still swing from trees! WTF? :P

This evolution theory is a load of crap! Period! Anyone heard of artificial mutation by design? Nuff said!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom