What's new

'A matter of honour': Women forced to stay in flooded Pakistan village

PPP pet project was Saraiki whatever which
Zia na saraiki ko separate language banaya tha. I personally don't support separate sooba but I accept Punjabi and saraiki are different languages. Pre 1947 censuses main isko jatki k name sa count kiya ga tha. Don't fall for the propaganda of online Punjabi nationalists

Last edited:
When they made government in Sindh they promoted ethno nationalism with the help of feudal, peers to consolidate power, You best believe they would have done the same in SP but it being part of a bigger province meant even though at many times it could have formed government in SP but it wasn't able to as they had to win a bigger pie to make government
When South Punjab province will be formed it's government will be gifted to PPP by Establishment just like Sindh

Riyasti is like the civilized version of saraiki.. :lol:

Saraiki is already a sweet language but riyasti is sweeter.

Riyasti is basically Multani Punjabi.. The saraiki spoken in sindh is quite different to Saraiki in South punjab. Mianwali version is also more or less Punjabi.

I know @ahaider97 will be upset about this but reality is reality.

Plus saraiki people have the same biradiris as Punjabis like rajput, jatt, ect., so Saraiki ethno nationalism has a pretty weak foundation to stand on.

In regards to South Punjab, yes we deserve our own province. We are sick of taking orders from Lahoris.

Saraiki have no connection with Punjabi language.

I am Saraiki. Even Punjabis do not think Saraiki and Pujabi language are same.

Just some Punjabi politician are saying this, just to get votes and do not want to make Saraiki province.

When South Punjab province will be formed it's government will be gifted to PPP by Establishment just like Sindh

No one PPP, PML N, PTI wants to make Saraiki province. But just gives Lolly Pop to Saraikis.

If PTI can appear, if there is Saraiki province, Saraiki parties can appear.

But real problem is parties who are serious to make province, no one gives them vote.

People are divided for their own benefit, people supporting PML N, who are even against separate province for their personal benefit. People who gives vote to PPP and PTI, these parties just gives Lolly Pop to them and not interested to make separate province.

No one PPP, PML N, PTI wants to make Saraiki province. But just gives Lolly Pop to Saraikis.

If PTI can appear, if there is Saraiki province, Saraiki parties can appear.

But real problem is parties who are serious to make province, no one gives them vote.

People are divided for their own benefit, people supporting PML N, who are even against separate province for their personal benefit. People who gives vote to PPP and PTI, these parties just gives Lolly Pop to them and not interested to make separate province.
Without establishment permission it's impossible

FATA merger happened with their permission

Because you need 2/3 votes in both national assembly and senate and then in Punjab assembly too.
No party have that many votes
If only all parties agree then it can happen just like FATA
And only establishment can force them for such agreement

Saraiki have no connection with Punjabi language.

I am Saraiki. Even Punjabis do not think Saraiki and Pujabi language are same.

Just some Punjabi politician are saying this, just to get votes and do not want to make Saraiki province.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No connection?

80% percent of Saraiki is the same as Punjabi.

Punjabis and Saraikis are the only people in Pakistan that don’t need a translator when communicating with each other. What in the fu.ck are you guys smoking?

I’m Punjabi from BWP and my cousins are even married with Saraiki girls. I’m all for a separate South Punjab province. But why be in denial about the language?

Saraiki is an offshoot of Punjabi whether you want to be in denial of it or not. :lol:

Saraiki is already a sweet language but riyasti is sweeter.

Riyasti is basically Multani Punjabi.. The saraiki spoken in sindh is quite different to Saraiki in South punjab. Mianwali version is also more or less Punjabi.

I know @ahaider97 will be upset about this but reality is reality.

Plus saraiki people have the same biradiris as Punjabis like rajput, jatt, ect., so Saraiki ethno nationalism has a pretty weak foundation to stand on.
he is a jutt too, lol forget that even his subclan is the same as mine - how is he different from me? except for the fact that he simps for Iran of course :lol: - we just speak diffrent dialects mine is majhi, his is Multani, that's all
I can't understand the issue, just stupid

he is a jutt too, lol forget that even his subclan is the same as mine - how is he different from me? except for the fact that he simps for Iran of course :lol: - we just speak diffrent dialects mine is majhi, his is Multani, that's all

The saraiki members here think I’m desperate to connect Saraikis with Punjabis which isn’t even the case.

I can’t warp the reality of the matter, but I can start pretending and playing along if that’s what they really want.

Last edited:
Here is what I will say. Culture of Saraikis is definitely different from Punjabis.

To marry a Saraiki girl, you have to give 5 murrabba zameen, and a seat at United Nations security council to her father in haq mehr...

I have a theory for this , don't know how accurate it is

So Baloch society at large is still traditionally conservative at par with FATA probably but unlike FATA their society is not exactly democratic with jirgas but based on sardars (issues of all of southern Pakistan, place currently not suffering from it in the country is Karachi, KPK, North and central Punjab, AJK, Gilgit, so basically another north, south divide the country is going through)

Now the south isn't exactly more liberal than the north but feudal/sardars play an oversized role in the south

That’s not a theory but actually quite spot on. Feudalism is the prevalent in Sind and Baluchistan, hence the sheer lower levels of human development in the area.

This is the reality overseas Punjabis are having a hard time accepting with their linguistics textbooks.

1200px-Mother_Tongue_by_Pakistani_District_-_2017_Census.svg.png

Man jatts are too numerous, found in India, Punjab, Sindh and I don't know where else. By this logic we are all children of Hazrat Adam(AS).

And why do you bring up Iran here? Rent free.

Last edited:

No connection?

80% percent of Saraiki is the same as Punjabi.

Punjabis and Saraikis are the only people in Pakistan that don’t need a translator when communicating with each other. What in the fu.ck are you guys smoking?

I’m Punjabi from BWP and my cousins are even married with Saraiki girls. I’m all for a separate South Punjab province. But why be in denial about the language?

Saraiki is an offshoot of Punjabi whether you want to be in denial of it or not. :lol:

In Pashto there are a lot of dialects, each person's Pashto can differ within the tribes.

I speak southern dialect of Pashto. There's a kha/sha difference among the north and south. For example, the Urdu word "Pathan" translates to "Pakhtun/Pashtun", Pashto would be "Pakhto/Pashto", and to say I am sorry "Za bakhna ghwarm or za bakshna ghwarm".

I cannot understand Pashto from Waziris, Maseedis, or Afridis.

But we all say we speak Pashto. Nor is anyone advocating for those dialects to be considered as separate languages. So I am curious as to how the Seraiki offshoot from Punjab started happening.

But we all say we speak Pashto. Nor is anyone advocating for those dialects to be considered as separate languages. So I am curious as to how the Seraiki offshoot from Punjab started happening.
It's a PPP greater Sindh conspiracy. Thank god Punjabi politicians saved us, otherwise we'd be all singing hala teer bija.

In Pashto there are a lot of dialects, each person's Pashto can differ within the tribes.

I speak southern dialect of Pashto. There's a kha/sha difference among the north and south. For example, the Urdu word "Pathan" translates to "Pakhtun/Pashtun", Pashto would be "Pakhto/Pashto", and to say I am sorry "Za bakhna ghwarm or za bakshna ghwarm".

I cannot understand Pashto from Waziris, Maseedis, or Afridis.

I know how about north south pashto difference. Personally I think the southern dialect sounds cooler, but that’s coming from someone that doesn’t understand Pashto very well.

Regarding Saraiki, Saraikis claim their language is over 4000 years old. Whatever the case, untrained Punjabi speakers can understand 80 percent of what they’re saying. And it’s probably vice versa for them. I’m not trying to steal their identity because I respect that there are some minor differences in the language and culture, but at the same time it’s kinda like meh...are there really that many differences?

Back
Top Bottom