What's new

A Masterful 175 by Sachin : Completes 17,000 Runs & 45th ODI Century

great knock, was obviously a very flat track with australia's second string attack but anwars record was in real danger there.

One of the best ODI innings I have ever seen in my entire life. Pity he couldn't finish it off and after he got out one more repetition of 'Chennai'.

The most challenging part of the innings was the required run rate was always around 7 and still Sachin managed to keep it within reach despite of losing wickets.

What a player--after 20 years of international cricket he still comes out with this kind of brilliance. Had India won the match it would have been definitely ranked as one of the top 5 ODI knocks. He almost single handedly chased down such a mammoth total.

great knock, was obviously a very flat track with australia's second string attack but anwars record was in real danger there.

Had Jadeja stayed on the Runners end giving more strike to Sachin he would have made it. He lost his rhythm staying .. n waiting.

Flat track agreed, some of the Aussie main bowlers were absent-- agreed. But if you had watched the match you would realize that Aussies actually bowled very well tonight, unlike the 1st match where their 1st string bowlers almost lost the match from winning situation. Today it was sheer brilliance of batting. None of the Aussie quicks bowled poorly today.

And I can safely say that it was that 'Australianism'--the tough heart that won them the match. No one's better than the Aussies in tight situations and I am afraid we lack it, may be not as much as South Africa to be termed as 'chocker', but still we do succumb under pressure and act stupid.

Had Jadeja stayed on the Runners end giving more strike to Sachin he would have made it. He lost his rhythm staying .. n waiting.

yes, thats a good point.

Flat track agreed, some of the Aussie main bowlers were absent-- agreed. But if you had watched the match you would realize that Aussies actually bowled very well tonight, unlike the 1st match where their 1st string bowlers almost lost the match from winning situation. Today it was sheer brilliance of batting. None of the Aussie quicks bowled poorly today.

And I can safely say that it was that 'Australianism'--the tough heart that won them the match. No one's better than the Aussies in tight situations and I am afraid we lack it, may be not as much as South Africa to be termed as 'chocker', but still we do succumb under pressure and act stupid.

i watched the whole match and australia did not bowl that well, plenty of short and wide stuff but it was an amazing innings.

however i have seen better from sachin against better bowlers in tougher conditions, this was a match where alot of people scored heavily, so from that perspective it was not that good, but still an absolute pleasure to watch.:cheers:

A very good and close match. Specially when there were 16 balls and 12 runs.

The sixer made sure Indian victory but dont know what happend as i couldnt watch the last balls

thats opposite my friend....... 16 runs in 12 balls

there was a time when 19 runs required in 18 balls and 4 wickets in hand including Tendulkar on the crease

oh well i tell you truth, i didn't pray that much for Pakistan win on 3rd November against New Zealad but i was praying that Tendulkar don't break Saeed Anwar's record of 194..... I know it has been equalled but not broken yet

I remember the time when about 40-45 runs were required and tendulkar needed about 23-25 and it was looking pretty gettable but eventually he was failed :p

Overall i wasn't supporting any team i hadn't mind if India had won or Australia but all i was caring is this Record

I HATE Australia team :hitwall:,

17,000 RUNS and 45 centuries plus Tests records are unbelievable!

I don't think any future player will break Sachin's numerous records !

Let's hope, Pakistan will produce future batman so called 'Little Sachin' & India will produce 'Little' Wasim......:partay:

Holy Mother of God! he was absolutely great I watched Indian innings.
Let this thread be a toast to his marvelous innings

Haha, Pakistani's and Indian's will always support the team that is playing against their rival. Now that's a fact! :cheers:

That's absolutely not true. When any South Asian team plays against a White team, I always support the South Asian team, be it Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India or Pakistan.

Brilliant inning by Tendulkar, But I still don't see him as a good finisher.

It is always a treat to watch Sachin Tendulkar bat, except when he bats against Pakistan, of course. His technique is exquisite man, there are a few batsmen with technique as solid as his, and they all come from South Asia (I'm talking Yousuf, Inzi, Dravid etc.)

I would never want Tendulkar to beat my man Saeed Anwar's record, but realistically, it would only be fitting if Tendulkar held the highest one-day score. The fact that Anwar scored it against India makes it that much more special. The most I ever supported Sachin Tendulkar was in the Asia XI vs Rest of the World XI match, held a long time ago. In that game, for the first time ever, I did not feel guilty for cheering for Tendulkar and Dravid.

Now, here's the real interesting part. This is not the first time Tendulkar has played well and India has lost. In fact, most Indian fans will agree, about half the time Tendulkar plays an amazing innings, India ends up losing. On the other hand, almost every single time Dhoni or Yuvraj play well, you win. What could possibly be the science behind this? Does Team India just sit back and enjoy when Tendulkar plays, hoping he'll win it on his own?

As for supporting India, here's what I have to say:
I have two favourite cricket teams. Pakistan and the one that beats India.
Just kidding, I read that on the back of a t-shirt, except Pakistan and India were replaced by Yankees and Red Sox. I support India against Australia and England, but that's it.

Completes 17,000 Runs & 45th ODI Century
I know man, it's mind boggling.

Last edited:
In the next Match we shall be waiting to Complete 30,000 Runs in ToTal.
He is 46 Runs away I Think.

It was a fantastic innings no doubt, but it would have been better if he had led India to the finish instead of doing a repeat of the Chennai test.

without a doubt sachin is the best master of masters even don bradman is nothing anyway but i like to see sachin making century and indian win not loose
and dont forgot that sachin is very good human being

Back
Top Bottom