What's new

A letter from Quetta

Is there any way to provide this family(and others affected) with some financial contributions? Like is there some sort of a fund drive? I would like to donate and do my part.

I can't bring the ppl back who were most likely the sole bread winners of their family...but maybe if we all pool some money together...we can help these families start a small business of some sort...so they can get by.

Tagging mods bcuz they may know the right ppl to tag here.
@Irfan Baloch @waz @The Eagle
I cant help you other than suggesting Edhi trust
people have been conned in the names of tragedies and religion a lot in Pakistan.

may Allah Bless you and your family for feeling for your fellow Pakistanis. May Allah Forgive us for our sins and our inabilities to protect the weak from the hounds of hell Takfiris.

بلوچستان میں ہزارہ مزدوروں کا قتل: ’میرا اکلوتا بھائی چھ بہنوں، اپنی اہلیہ، دو بیٹیوں اور بوڑھے والد کا واحد کفیل تھا‘
اگر کسی کو کربلا کا منظر دیکھنا ہے تو وہ میرے خاندان کو دیکھ لے۔ ہمارے خاندان میں جنازہ اٹھانے والا کوئی مرد نہیں بچا۔ جس کے بعد ہم چھ بہنوں نے فیصلہ کیا ہے کہ ہم اپنے بھائی اور اپنے رشتہ داروں کے جنازے خود اٹھائیں گے۔‘
یہ کہنا ہے ہے معصومہ یعقوب علی کا جن کا اکلوتا بھائی محمد صادق اور چار دیگر رشتہ دار ہفتے کی شب صوبہ بلوچستان کے ضلع مچھ میں مبینہ طور پر شدت پسند تنظیم نام نہاد دولتِ اسلامیہ کے ہاتھوں ذبح ہونے والے دس کان کنوں میں شامل ہیں۔معصومہ کا بھائی چھ بہنوں کے اکلوتے بھائی اور دو بچوں کے والد تھے۔ جبکہ ان کے دیگر ذبح ہونے والے رشتہ داروں میں اٹھارہ سالہ بھانجا احمد شاہ، دو ماموں 20 سالہ شیر محمد اور 30 سالہ محمد انوار اور ان کی خالہ کا بیٹا محمد احسن شامل ہیں
معصومہ تھرڈ ایئر کی طالبہ ہیں۔ ’میں ریاست مدینہ سے پوچھنا چاہتی ہوں کہ یہ کیسی ریاست مدینہ ہے جس میں دن دہاڑے بے گناہ خاندانوں کے سہاروں کو اس بے دردی سے قتل کر دیا گیا ہے اور اس کے بعد صرف میڈیا پر تعزیتی بیانات کے علاوہ کچھ بھی نہیں ہو رہا ہے۔‘
’میں کہتی ہوں کہ اگر یہ واقعی انصاف کی ریاست ہے۔۔۔ اگر یہ واقعی مسلمانوں کی ریاست ہے۔۔۔ اگر یہ واقعی ریاست مدینہ ہے تو ہمارے مجرموں کو فی الفور قانون کے مطابق سزا دی جائے۔ انھیں سامنے لایا جائے۔ آخر ہم کب تک اپنے لوگوں کی لاشیں اٹھاتے رہیں گے۔‘
معصومہ نے اپنے بھائی محمد صادق کے حوالے سے بات کرتے ہوئے کہا ہے کہ ’میرے والد ضعیف ہیں۔ میرا بھائی ہم چھ بہنوں، بوڑھے والد، اپنی اہلیہ اور اپنی دو بیٹیوں کا واحد کفیل تھا۔ وہ تو محنت مزدوری اور رزق حلال کمانے کے لیے اپنے شہر سے میلوں دور گیا تھا۔‘
میرے بھائی، میرے رشتہ داروں اور سارے مارے جانے والوں کا سیاست سے کوئی تعلق نہیں تھا۔ ان لوگوں کو تو سرنگوں میں مزدوریاں کرتے ہوئے یہ بھی پتا نہیں چلتا تھا کہ دن ہے کہ رات۔ کئی مرتبہ اس طرح ہوا ہے کہ بھائی مزدوری کرنے کے بعد فارغ ہو کر فون کرتے تو کہتے کہ مغرب کا وقت ہوا ہے۔ مغرب کی نماز پڑھ لوں، تو اصل میں اس وقت رات کا کافی حصہ بھی گزر چکا ہوتا ہے۔'
'میری بڑی بہنیں اکثر اپنے بھائی سے کہتیں کہ ہم نے کافی پڑھ لیا ہے اب ہمین اجازت دو کہ ہم بھی کام کریں، تو وہ کہتا کہ نہیں ابھی تم لوگ اچھے سے پڑھائی کرو تاکہ تم لوگوں کا مستقبل محفوظ ہو۔ بہنیں اس سے کہتیں کہ تم اس مزدوری سے آخر کتنا کام کر سکتے ہو تو وہ کہتا کہ میرے بازوں میں بہت دم ہے۔ میں اتنا کام کروں گا جتنی ہمیں ضرورت ہے۔'
معصومہ یعقوب علی کا کہنا تھا کہ ان کا بھائی مزدور تھا، کان کن تھا مگر وہ اتنی محنت کرتا تھا کہ ہماری تعلیم سمیت تمام ضرورتیں پوری ہوتیں تھیں، ہمارے بھائی اور والد کا کوئی بینک اکاوئنٹ نہیں ہے مگر ہمارے تمام مسائل حل ہوتے تھے۔
انھوں نے بتایا کہ اسی طرح میرے خالہ زاد، ماموں زاد، میرا کم عمر بھانجا یہ سب اپنے خاندانوں کے کئی کئی افراد کے لیے امیدیں اور سہارا تھے۔ ان کے قتل ہونے سے کئی گھروں کے چراغ اور کئی گھروں کے چولہے بجھ چکے ہیں۔

View attachment 703393

Please respect there feelings. These people are constantly under attacked by extremist groups . They are Paksitani.

I feel sad, and ashamed at the same time for not being able to provide you better protection.
At this time I'm sure apology means nothing, but I hope and wish that you know this much, that,
You are not alone, and you have not been forgotten.

My Pakistaniat, and love for my country is linked to my love for your community, and for all communities of Pakistan. In my heart, I know things will improve. I just hope, with time your pain will ease.

Stay Blessed.

I cant help you other than suggesting Edhi trust
people have been conned in the names of tragedies and religion a lot in Pakistan.

may Allah Bless you and your family for feeling for your fellow Pakistanis. May Allah Forgive us for our sins and our inabilities to protect the weak from the hounds of hell Takfiris.

Salam Wailekum Sir. A bit long time.

Its frustrating to me that how everyone is is tagging India behind the act but how they ignore that LeJ enjoyed Estb's support since 1980s. Ramzan Mengal gets security by the State not India for god sake..A guy above suggests the girl that dear sister, India killed your men.

So how easy it is to suggest anything. India did that or whoever, all we have to do is play a blame game.

I'm an excessive bike tourist to Balochistan. I'm obsessed with the offroading there. I keep off roading for 10s of hours deep inside the mountains and waterfalls. But now I'm totally going to avoid since I can be easily identified for my sect via the name on my ID. Either BLA will kill me for the address of Cantt in my CNIC, or LeJ will kill me for having a Shiite kinda name.

God bless our country Irfan Sir! Where field Intelligence is handled by IQ lacky sepoys deputed to ISI. How can we evolve our security sphere?

All sensible patriots know the solutions --- the establishment needs the capability and balls to carry them out.
Cheers.
Every instance where establishment has used brute force resulted in creating more aggrieved parties than before.

They don't have a solution for Balochistan which is now a battleground for the cold war.

Every instance where establishment has used brute force resulted in creating more aggrieved parties than before.

They don't have a solution for Balochistan which is now a battleground for the cold war.
If they can kill off TTP within a year, BLA is diaper-wearing kids in front of them.

Hazaras continue Quetta sit-in for 3rd day, say they won't leave without justice for slain miners
Reuters | Dawn.comUpdated 05 Jan 2021
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Residents protest the killing of miners of the Shia Hazara community in Karachi on January 5, Tuesday. — AFP

Residents protest the killing of miners of the Shia Hazara community in Karachi on January 5, Tuesday. — AFP
Mourners from the Shia Hazara community gather near coffins of the slain miners during a sit-in protest at the eastern bypass on the outskirts of Quetta on January 5. — AFP

Mourners from the Shia Hazara community gather near coffins of the slain miners during a sit-in protest at the eastern bypass on the outskirts of Quetta on January 5. — AFP

Members of the Shia Hazara community who have blockaded a highway in Quetta with the bodies of slain coal miners said on Tuesday they will not withdraw until Prime Minister Imran Khan meets them and the killers are brought to justice.
Armed attackers slit the throats of 11 miners in a residential compound near a mine site in Balochistan's Mach coal field area on Sunday, filming the entire incident and later posting it online. The gruesome attack was claimed by the militant Islamic State (IS) group.
Thousands of Hazaras have since staged a protest, arranging the coffins in the western bypass area in Quetta.
Editorial: The state has long abandoned the Shia Hazaras, nowhere in Balochistan are they safe
“We have become tired of picking up the bodies of our people,” Syed Agha Raza, a Hazara Shia political leader, told Reuters.
A mourner from the Shia Hazara community holds the portrait of a victim during a sit-in on the outskirts of Quetta. — AFP

A mourner from the Shia Hazara community holds the portrait of a victim during a sit-in on the outskirts of Quetta. — AFP

Masooma Yaqoob Ali told Reuters her elder brother along with four other relatives were among those killed.
“Now we have no male member [of our family] to take coffins of our brother and other relatives to the graveyard for burial,” she said, shedding tears as she spoke.
The protesters are refusing to bury the victims of the attack until demands, which include the resignation of the provincial government, are met. Protests also took place on Tuesday in Karachi.
Balochistan Home Secretary Hafiz Basid told Reuters at least nine of the victims were from Afghanistan, and two bodies had thus far been taken there for burial. Afghanistan's Foreign Office said in a statement that seven of the dead were Afghan, and both sides were investigating the incident together.
Hazaras have faced persecution by extremists in both countries. Some Afghan Hazaras come to Pakistan for work in the winter, including at the coal mines in Balochistan.
On Monday, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, who arrived in Quetta on Prime Minister Imran's instructions, held negotiations with the grieving Hazaras. He told them that the government was ready to accept all their demands except the one seeking the resignation of the provincial government and urged them to call off their protest so that the bodies could be laid to rest.
The Hazara community, however, did not accede to his call. Despite extremely harsh weather as the mercury dropped to minus 8 degrees Celsius in Quetta, the mourners, including women and children, refused to leave the protest site close to Hazara town and call off the protest, demanding ouster of the government and a judicial probe into the tragedy.
Provincial ministers Mir Zahoor Ahmed Buledi and Noor Mohammad Dummar and Deputy Commissioner Aurangzeb Badini also held talks with the Majlis Wahdat-i-Muslimeen (MWM) leaders taking part in the protest. However, the negotiations remained unsuccessful as the protesting leaders refused to call off their sit-in until the visit of the premier for talks.
Hundreds of Hazara have been killed over the last decade in attacks, including bombings in schools and crowded markets and brazen ambushes of buses along roads.

Hazaras continue Quetta sit-in for 3rd day, say they won't leave without justice for slain miners
Reuters | Dawn.comUpdated 05 Jan 2021
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Members of the Shia Hazara community who have blockaded a highway in Quetta with the bodies of slain coal miners said on Tuesday they will not withdraw until Prime Minister Imran Khan meets them and the killers are brought to justice.
Armed attackers slit the throats of 11 miners in a residential compound near a mine site in Balochistan's Mach coal field area on Sunday, filming the entire incident and later posting it online. The gruesome attack was claimed by the militant Islamic State (IS) group.
Thousands of Hazaras have since staged a protest, arranging the coffins in the western bypass area in Quetta.
Editorial: The state has long abandoned the Shia Hazaras, nowhere in Balochistan are they safe
“We have become tired of picking up the bodies of our people,” Syed Agha Raza, a Hazara Shia political leader, told Reuters.

Masooma Yaqoob Ali told Reuters her elder brother along with four other relatives were among those killed.
“Now we have no male member [of our family] to take coffins of our brother and other relatives to the graveyard for burial,” she said, shedding tears as she spoke.
The protesters are refusing to bury the victims of the attack until demands, which include the resignation of the provincial government, are met. Protests also took place on Tuesday in Karachi.
Balochistan Home Secretary Hafiz Basid told Reuters at least nine of the victims were from Afghanistan, and two bodies had thus far been taken there for burial. Afghanistan's Foreign Office said in a statement that seven of the dead were Afghan, and both sides were investigating the incident together.
Hazaras have faced persecution by extremists in both countries. Some Afghan Hazaras come to Pakistan for work in the winter, including at the coal mines in Balochistan.
On Monday, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, who arrived in Quetta on Prime Minister Imran's instructions, held negotiations with the grieving Hazaras. He told them that the government was ready to accept all their demands except the one seeking the resignation of the provincial government and urged them to call off their protest so that the bodies could be laid to rest.
The Hazara community, however, did not accede to his call. Despite extremely harsh weather as the mercury dropped to minus 8 degrees Celsius in Quetta, the mourners, including women and children, refused to leave the protest site close to Hazara town and call off the protest, demanding ouster of the government and a judicial probe into the tragedy.
Provincial ministers Mir Zahoor Ahmed Buledi and Noor Mohammad Dummar and Deputy Commissioner Aurangzeb Badini also held talks with the Majlis Wahdat-i-Muslimeen (MWM) leaders taking part in the protest. However, the negotiations remained unsuccessful as the protesting leaders refused to call off their sit-in until the visit of the premier for talks.
Hundreds of Hazara have been killed over the last decade in attacks, including bombings in schools and crowded markets and brazen ambushes of buses along roads.
Lumber one but can't even arrest one terrorist.

Now we have no male member [of our family] to take coffins of our brother and other relatives to the graveyard for burial,” she said, shedding tears as she spoke.

Send the President to shoulder the coffin to the graveyard.

This is the least State of Pakistan can do for now.
koi Sharam haya hai ya bech daali

Now a days balls are made of plastic, that is all.

I have no idea being nuclear power and suffering so much from the hand of these people, why we are scared to hit the hide outs across border. Just do it .. its Afghanistan or inside Iran or any far off middle eastern country meddling ... or warn the neighbor if traces are found.

Send the President to shoulder the coffin to the graveyard.

This is the least State of Pakistan can do for now.

koi Sharam haya hai ya bech daali
It's all pointless, after few weeks and months again these poor people will be slaughtered like lamb.
Local Baluch point finger at Afghan khima basti , specially near air port. CM Baluchistan having good time in Dubai for the last 3 days.

It's all pointless, after few weeks and months again these poor people will be slaughtered like lamb
We can however earn goodwill of this lady.

Every bit counts.

Hazara Labour Killings - What should be the next steps?
Killings of Hazara laborers is saddening to say the least. Painful. We all know India is behind peace and prosperity of Balochistan and its proxies with different names will continue such acts to ignite sectarian/ethnic tensions and push us into a civil war.
We know. State of Pakistan knows. However we can't just pretend to know it, condemn and let this happen. If India is using proxies via Afghanistan than Pakistan should not only complete the border fencing as soon as possible but hit the enemy where they are.
The retribution must be quick. The retribution must be swift. Hindutva regime under Modi's right hand Ajit Doval will continue to target fault lines as CPEC proceeds however Pakistan should not lower its guard.
Here is what Ajit Doval said in a speech available on YouTube:
"How do you tackle Pakistan?.....We start working on Pakistan's vulnerabilities-- economic, internal security, political, isolating them internationally, it can be anything..... it can be defeating Pakistan's policies in Afghanistan......

You stop the terrorists by denying them weapons, funds and manpower. Deny them funds by countering with one-and-a-half times more funding. If they have 1200 crores give them 1800 crores and they are on our side...who are the Taliban fighting for? It's because they haven't got jobs or someone has misled them.
The Taliban are mercenaries. So go for more of the covert thing (against Pakistan)..."
- Ajit Doval, India's National Security Advisor
If we have such devious enemies, we have to be stronger and discreet in our defenses. We can't just present a dossier exposing India's terrorism to UN and sit back. Our defense spending is literally the lowest in the world despite being surrounded by a mafia state and its puppet regime in Kabul. Freaking strengthen the defenses, strengthen the attacking power and hit the enemy in their own territory!

Let's stop fooling ourselves. The world is not our friend. Every country cares for itself and its interests and it won't stop India from doing what it is because of its billion people strong market. So we too should stop living in fool's paradise and help ourselves. Protect our people and serve justice to the victims.

Its time to reply in the language they understand.

Salam Wailekum Sir. A bit long time.

Its frustrating to me that how everyone is is tagging India behind the act but how they ignore that LeJ enjoyed Estb's support since 1980s. Ramzan Mengal gets security by the State not India for god sake..A guy above suggests the girl that dear sister, India killed your men.

So how easy it is to suggest anything. India did that or whoever, all we have to do is play a blame game.

I'm an excessive bike tourist to Balochistan. I'm obsessed with the offroading there. I keep off roading for 10s of hours deep inside the mountains and waterfalls. But now I'm totally going to avoid since I can be easily identified for my sect via the name on my ID. Either BLA will kill me for the address of Cantt in my CNIC, or LeJ will kill me for having a Shiite kinda name.

God bless our country Irfan Sir! Where field Intelligence is handled by IQ lacky sepoys deputed to ISI. How can we evolve our security sphere?
I know what you are saying.
I dont know what was the wisdom of providing ISI vehicles to Lashkar Jaghvi leadership who even used those vehicles in their show of power when the same organisation was busy killing our soldiers too and had made videos of such executions.

Indian link is not wrong either because Jadev also mentioned that killing shias was also a part of strategy as is killing punjabis in Balochistan
Indian intelligence will support anyone that brings misery to Pakistanis.
be greatful that people dont justify and celebrate openly like they did once for red mosque and TTP.

LeJ represents IS and Al Qaida in Pakistan.
and despite releasing video of Colonnel Imam before his execution it continues to enjoy some support of intelligence elements that comes from General Zia time.

dont go wondering in that part of Pakistan you will be killed. people got killed for having Ali or Hussain in their name or shah even Sunni Syeds because taqfiris reject idea of sunni Syed. According to them all syeds are shia and must be wiped off the faceof the earth.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom