What's new

A JF-17 equipped with Aselpod & SOM cruise missiles ?

Mate, i see it meaningless to discuss with anonymous forumers in the internet whom claims things that can't be verified. Also, to prevent any future misunderstanding, i'm saying that i will only feel proud and happy if Pakistan is ahead of us on some or all of the programs. Strong Turkey benefits Pakistan and Strong Pakistan benefits Turkey as we are brother countries.

But i think that i see a logical mistake in your post;

You suggest that there are secret / top secret projects of Pakistan that is not available for public&foreigners. Can't we assume the same thing for Turkey ? Like we are developing secret / top secret projects that are not available for public&foreigners.

Than how can you suggest that Pakistan is ahead of Turkey regarding to stand off missiles ?

There is nothing illogical, but unlike the SOM, which you are comparing with X or Y, no Pakistani SOW is on sale, due to nature and types of w/h. I hope you understand my point.

H 4 ( 120 km ) H2 (60 km ) Ra'ad (350 km ) Babur ( 750) . I don't know what further development is going on but these missiles are publically known .by the way , the man you are quoting is ex PAF pilot . so he has some inside knowledge.
So, Ra'ad and Babur has better ranges. It's okay.

He can assume that he is an ex PAF pilot. But i doubt that, he has inside knowledge about our development programs.

There is nothing illogical, but unlike the SOM, which you are comparing with X or Y, no Pakistani SOW is on sale, due to nature and types of w/h. I hope you understand my point.
Nope, i couldn't understand your point. Can you expand your post a little bit more ?

Are you comparing SOM with Babur and Raad or to some unknown Pakistani missile ?

He can assume that he is an ex PAF pilot. But i doubt that, he has inside knowledge about our development programs.

Nope, i couldn't understand your point. Can you expand your post a little bit more ?
I think he is saying that Pakistan SOW are not for sale ( because they are nuclear capable ) . by the way , what is range of SOM ?

Yea ... we haven't seen any additional development on the Ra'ad (publicly at least). I understand our R&D capacity not being great, but it's surprising that we haven't extended an invite to a competent vendor to help us out with ALCM development. A lighter ALCM that we can easily load onto the JF-17's wings would be nice, especially one that could double as an anti-ship missile (via IIR seeker).

I think he is saying that Pakistan SOW are not for sale ( because they are nuclear capable ) . by the way , what is range of SOM ?

Just for information !

(AF)-SOM-J : 180km (It is selected by LockhedMartin as the main stand off missile of F-35 JSF program against Norwegian JSM program)

(AF)-SOM A-B1-B2 : max. 300km
(AF)-SOM-ER : 500+km
(AF)-Gezgin LACM : 1000+km (Booster + turbojet)
(Navy)-Atmaca SSM : 250km

Last edited:
Isn't this an ATP thread?
I really don't know what "ATP" stands for.

Whomever wants to market SOM to Pakistan or talk about how good it is, or compare it will terrible backward Pakistani SOW kindly open another thread.
Sir, firstly....."compare it will terrible backward Pakistani SOW ", I never said or implied or thought like that. You are completely being unfair to me by implying things.

I merely, reacted to your post...as you claim some Pakistani missiles which got no details...are superior to their Turkish counter parts....And i'm saying, maybe there are some Turkish missiles with no details and they might be superior to Pakistani missiles with no details...

Are we debating or just speculating ?

More, over exporting any missile with a greater range than 300km is forbidden due to MCTR. So, by the same logic you won't see any details on some Turkish missiles as they won't be able for export customers.

Pakistan has its own SOW programs, which are ahead of Turkish SOM. You don't see any details on them, or won't seen any details on them, as they are not for export like the Turkish model.

Just for information !

(AF)-SOM-J : 180km (It is selected by LockhedMartin as the main stand off missile of F-35 JSF program against Norwegian JSM program)

(AF)-SOM A-B1-B2 : max. 300km
(AF)-SOM-ER : 500+km
(AF)-Gezgin LACM : 1000+km (Booster + turbojet)
(Navy)-Atmaca SSM : 250km

One of my mainpoints. SOM series are mature and sophisticated and draw from the best of Turkish and American industry. I don't understand on what basis is Ra'ad better.

Sir,

What you have said is enough for those who can understand.

Are you comparing SOM with Babur and Raad or to some unknown Pakistani missile ?

Sir,

Don't need to push it any further---enough info is being released---plz take it as it is.

sir ,be kind on our Turkish brothers .

the missiles you have mentioned are developed or either in development phase ?

what about accuracy ?
sir ,be kind on our Turkish brothers .

the missiles you have mentioned are developed or either in development phase ?

what about accuracy ?

Since there is no official data on RAAD. And due to its bulky size as well as no IIR seeker in the RAAD. There is fairly a good chance Turkish SOM with its sleek design due to use of composites and sophisticated guidance system to be much more accurate than RAAD

32DBJ9d.jpg

Go12b3.gif

XpJnP8w.gif

Sir,

What you have said is enough for those who can understand.

Sir,

Don't need to push it any further---enough info is being released---plz take it as it is.

I thought this is to be fairly a common knowledge or else you would have seen RAAD on export market. What is bone of contention is if the Electronics & guidance package of RAAD is as much sophisticated as SOM is. Which by the looks of lake of data, SOM wins in this category by a mile.

Just look at the integration and Overall up-gradation of SOM missile. They have integrated it onto F-4, F-16 upgraded it on regular intervals. And look at out integration efforts, in 10 years since RAAD inception, Have you seen RAAD being fired from something other than Mirage ?

RAAD might be better in Warhead and Range section as compared to SOM, But other indicators are where RAAD lacks where SOM Excels.

cabatli_53 "In Flıght: Retargeting".....Did Kement project finished ?

Not yet bro. It is one of the most strategic link project for stand off missile program ! Many Turkish company joined into this project to develop a state of art final product for Turkish cruise missile guide/update/correction/waypoint appointment network project.

Pakistan can use this
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1466196201.004992.jpg

If we do acquire SOM it would be out of luxury but I don't see that with Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom