What's new

A HUMBLE REQUEST TO MY PAKISTANI FRIENDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know why so much hue & cry on word bharati, why some fellow indian members find it offensive. one of our country name is bharat, so we are bharatis for that manner. its same as pakistanis, americans,sri lankans,nepalis,bangladeshis etc. i don't find any offence in this.

:) thats what they dont understand.

i wonder if they are belittling the native language for a name thats sound more foreign

i will keep on saying bharti as its not defined in as bad word in filters, forum rules etc.

It's actually Bharatiya rather than Bharati.

Although I don't mind Bharati word in the post unless it explicitly want to degrade nations status.

Since this is Pakistani Forum and same topic has been discussed to death, its better not to open such threads.

isnt it amazing that people come demanding respect who themselves dont know how to respect others.and use abusive language generally unheard of.

:tup:
Took the words right out of my heart...

isnt it amazing that people come demanding respect who themselves dont know how to respect others.and use abusive language generally unheard of.

Says someone who somehow manages to rile up entire nations with each one of her posts. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, the word Bharti is definitely not derogatory. However, the word **** is not derogatory either. It's the way people use those words to abuse particular nations which make them derogatory.

However, banning these words will not help. There will always be another word invented by wannabe bullies to try and put people down. That is how bullies work. You just have to have a thick skin to deal with them.

Says someone who somehow manages to rile up entire nations with each one of her posts.

Anyways, the word Bharti is definitely not derogatory. However, the word **** is not derogatory either.
It's the way people use those words to abuse particular nations which make them derogatory.

However, banning these words will not help. There will always be another word invented by wannabe bullies to try and put people down. That is how bullies work. You just have to have a thick skin to deal with them.

I have avoided to compare two words one which used in your post above for Pakistan and another derogratory word which is used for bharatis on another forum usually so here is the comparison

word Pa.ki = word Bhin.di now take your pick.

We dont call you bhndis so better you also dont come up with silly claims.

Bharat is mentioned in your own constitution and there is nothing derogratory in using word Bharat and bharatis or bharatiyas.

In Urdu we use word bhartis for Indians. tell me what do you use in Hindi for Pakistanis ? none other than word Pakistanis.

anyway by coming up with threads again and again you are making this word bharat, bharatis as a weak point for your own nerves

Like i said once before,i feel more respected if someone addresses me as Bharatvarshi/Bharati/Bharatiya/Bharata than the term Indian.

Bharti Airtel or Hutch or whatever .. just dont ever damn call me BSNL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says someone who somehow manages to rile up entire nations with each one of her posts. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, the word Bharti is definitely not derogatory. However, the word **** is not derogatory either. It's the way people use those words to abuse particular nations which make them derogatory.

those r ur false pretensions which makes u rile up.

Well i dont know but 'bhartiya' is sounds like more offensive word to me...
like we used to say Lahoriya, Sialkotiya, etc its like chichora etc

where as 'BHARTI' is like someone from 'Bhart'..

furthermore its very offensive, bad to write the first letter with small letter like 'india' we should write 'India' and its a universal standard i hope from now on you will write 'Pakistan'

Perhaps it is very close to Bharat Varma, that's why it feels like offensive.

The usage of the word 'BHARTI' to adress indians on this forum has increased lately,this is an offensive word,if any of my pakistani friends dont want to use the word 'indian' to address us then he can kindly call us as 'bhartiya',please guys the word 'bharti' is offensive and derogatory. So i request all my pakistani friends to please refrain to use this word to address us ,let us all strive to make this forum friendly and encourage healthy discussions.
We have discussed this to death. Bharati is the official word used to address Indians in all official documents of Pakistan. All newspapers, all tv channels all address them as "Bharati".

I have avoided to compare two words one which used in your post above for Pakistan and another derogratory word which is used for bharatis on another forum usually so here is the comparison

word Pa.ki = word Bhin.di now take your pick.

We dont call you bhndis so better you also dont come up with silly claims.

Bharat is mentioned in your own constitution and there is nothing derogratory in using word Bharat and bharatis or bharatiyas.

In Urdu we use word bhartis for Indians. tell me what do you use in Hindi for Pakistanis ? none other than word Pakistanis.

anyway by coming up with threads again and again you are making this word bharat, bharatis as a weak point for your own nerves

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

It doesn't matter if I call you a pa.ki or you call me a bharti or whatever the other word was (I couldn't get that actually).

The word itself isn't derogatory! It's the way it is used which is derogatory! You banned the use of the other word, and bharti came up. If we ban use of word 'bharti', some other word will come up. I'm just saying we guys needn't be so sensitive about it, that's all.

Oh, and I challenge you to show me the use of the word 'Bharti' in traditional urdu. It's a slang in modern day urdu.

@ajtr: care to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom