What's new

A Homeland for Indian Muslims

Point is if you don't have a culture of military service in your family or ethnic race, it is very hard to be convinced of its value.
Say my banias friend applied for posts in Navy, NDA, Air forces but Muslims didn't. These are commissioned posts, not your hawaldar ones.
And for the ethnic point, see the UP is one of the biggest recruitment ground, it also have many Muslims who were martial like Pathans for example but they still don't recruit even a fraction of what Hindu Jats do.

I don't know what OBC Certificate is, in American we don't file this sort of stuff and the father is a 2nd Generation Sanghi-American.
So should have only mentioned first name .... not the last one in your anecdotal experience

Named their son “Narender Modi” ? Did they get his obc certification done with that surname too?

Yeah when it comes to bongs we might have to fear more about Hindu names than arabic/persian ones

Didn't understand. Do explain. Is Tipu a Hindu name, according to you?

Really? The last Tipu I knew not only dominated his school, and college, and post-graduate programme, besides playing cricket for his college and universities (two of them, separately, one after the other), but went on to join the RN (not the RIN), transfer to the Fleet Air Arm, and inducted the Alize into Squadron 310, then commanded a destroyer squadron, a frigate squadron, then INS Vikrani, then the Eastern Fleet, and held the DNI position at a moment of great insecurity, sinking more tonnage than the rest of the Navy put together, and retired as FOC-in-C Eastern Command.

Maybe people who want to do well should be naming themselves Tipu.

That won't change the reality of who Tipu Sultan was.

I have not seen any evidence of that. At the jawan level, I doubt it matters. At the officer class, there might be some preference to avoid Muslims at higher levels, but I have never heard about it.

It is rumored that RAW has a specific policy (never seen though) to not hire Muslims.
Muslims can make it to CRPF but even at jawan level not easy

So should have only mentioned first name .... not the last one in your anecdotal experience

What are you smoking, why would I just mention 1st name if the child also has a 2nd name? Even the father's last name is Modi as well. In the U.S. we can name anyone what we want, we're not tied to a caste or anything like that, or have to file any sort of paperwork for proof.

Why? If he did name his son what he did, why should his original surname be lost, and why should he file for an OBC certificate?

Point is if you don't have a culture of military service in your family or ethnic race, it is very hard to be convinced of its value.
Take Musharraf he was from Old Delhi (my origin is same), he was in forces but are the chances same for his possibly extended family being in forces who are still living in India?

That won't change the reality of who Tipu Sultan was.

That won't change the reality of who Tipu Sultan was, but he was diametrically opposite to two sets of people. If those who are Sanghis resent the name, that doesn't mean that the rest of India has to follow like a flock of sheep.

Muslims can make it to CRPF but even at jawan level not easy

Making it to the CRPF at officer level is through the UPSC. It isn't difficult, if there is a serious intention to join.

Say my banias friend applied for posts in Navy, NDA, Air forces but Muslims didn't. These are commissioned posts, not your hawaldar ones.
And for the ethnic point, see the UP is one of the biggest recruitment ground, it also have many Muslims who were martial like Pathans for example but they still don't recruit even a fraction of what Hindu Jats do.

I wouldn't really call those UP pathans as real Pathans

That won't change the reality of who Tipu Sultan was, but he was diametrically opposite to two sets of people. If those who are Sanghis resent the name, that doesn't mean that the rest of India has to follow like a flock of sheep.

Making it to the CRPF at officer level is through the UPSC. It isn't difficult, if there is a serious intention to join.
I meant as a jawan. You are free to ask people to name their kids Tipu and face the consequences. I am just telling you the reality on the ground.

Nope but sounded more partiotic than an average joe hindu bengali Subhash from your description

I wish you would write stuff that can be understood. Who sounded more patriotic? And what do average joe hindu bengalis do, Subhash or otherwise, from your experience and knowledge?

What are you smoking, why would I just mention 1st name if the child also has a 2nd name? Even the father's last name is Modi as well. In the U.S. we can name anyone what we want, we're not tied to a caste or anything like that, or have to file any sort of paperwork for proof.

He's talking rubbish and trying to justify it.

I wouldn't really call those UP pathans as real Pathans

Do you know who they are? What tribe they belong to?

I meant as a jawan. You are free to ask people to name their kids Tipu and face the consequences. I am just telling you the reality on the ground.

How would you know? What makes you an expert on this?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom