What's new

A Homeland for Indian Muslims

And gleefully declare killed innocents as terrorists?

They are doctors.

But some have killed in engagements as well.

With gallantry awards.

I gave my entrance and got into "relatively" prestigious university for engineering, so I can't try now because I have to complete my degree.
Secondly, I have my opinions about the concept of military at large, call me a "pacifist".
But one of my friend plans to get into the technical wing of the military after graduation(his father is an ex-pilot), who knows maybe I end up there?

Thats great.

Either way I hope you stay on in India.

Yes, I have seen those posts.

That isn't what I meant.

islamophobic ?

Let me repeat an opt-made statement. In a computer institute I attended years ago here in India I had a batch mate named Jamal Abdul Nasser, named after the Egyptian leader. My batch mate's parents ( the father used to be a doctor in Britain ) were much inspired by this leader's exploits which during his time inspired Muslims all over the world. Do you see young Indian Muslim fathers naming their sons after such great historic figures ? Or sons even named after Tipu who was an enlightened person ? Will you deny there is a change towards the worse now ?
A kid named Tipu will get bullied in school

I live here, in the community. The young generation is very much penetrated by smartphones, Bollywood, TikTok etc.
The real misgiving to be pointed out is that the community's focus is not on education and integrating in the system at large; also the historical hostility of the system plays a role like when I was graduating from 12th, many of my Hindu friends were going for NDA (entrance for Army's commissioned post) but my family told "Muslims don't go to the Army because we don't fit there", now some of them have probably completed their trainings and are posted.

Another attitude which I saw growing up was the complete distrust in authorities and government, like "they" cheat on Muslims in exams, interviews etc mixed with anecdotes about discrimination of which some may be true.

Now how much is the religion's/community's role in this? It would be dishonest to say there's no fault of the community, simply the attitudes are sometimes regressive but it's a cycle, you see - what we call the social mobility (both in social and economic sense) and finally about the Ulema's role - it's limited, divided and can sometimes be felt as regressive.

Your explanations are a little off.

Armed forces recruitment in the subcontinent is based on the perceived martial races as established by the British. Therefore, India and Pakistan armed forced have a disproportionate recruitment from Punjabis, Sikhs and Pathans.
To add to this, some infantry regiments were created by the British to further their colonization in specific regions.

After partition, most Muslim heavy brigades found themselves within Pakistan. Therefore, the remaining Muslims in India never had a culture of military enrollment as seen among the Punjabis and Pathans. That still remains the primary reason for the low numbers of Muslims in Indian armed forces. If Muslims do enroll, it is primarily to escape poverty (within the jawan class).

Armed forces recruitment in the subcontinent is based on the perceived martial races as established by the British. Therefore, India and Pakistan armed forced have a disproportionate recruitment from Punjabis, Sikhs and Pathans.
To add to this, some infantry regiments were created by the British to further their colonization in specific regions.

After partition, most Muslim heavy brigades found themselves within Pakistan. Therefore, the remaining Muslims in India never had a culture of military enrollment as seen among the Punjabis and Pathans. That still remains the primary reason for the low numbers of Muslims in Indian armed forces. If Muslims do enroll, it is primarily to escape poverty (within the jawan class).

Muslims are not preferred in the Army also

Agno what does he mean by whatever the hell they do down there when directly referencing Hinduism (he's talking about conversion)?

What happens if a Hindu makes a similar veiled offensive remark about whatever the hell you guys do up there, alluding to your dominant faith?
???

What are you referring to?

After partition, most Muslim heavy brigades found themselves within Pakistan. Therefore, the remaining Muslims in India never had a culture of military enrollment as seen among the Punjabis and Pathans. That still remains the primary reason for the low numbers of Muslims in Indian armed forces.
Yup, forgot that aspect but the martial race theory have been abandoned officially in 1947, there's nothing officially that stops anyone to apply and write the exams and sit in interview for commissioned posts.
For the martial race theory's affect, the Mulle Jat, Pathans, Syeds, Rangars etc are still underrepresented and were officially the martial races, moreover the prevalence of martial races is in non-commissioned positions and non-martial but well off castes like Khatris, Parsis even Jews have served and are still serving one of the top posts through commissioned posts.
If Muslims do enroll, it is primarily to escape poverty (within the jawan class).
I don't think so, Muslims are likely to write exams than enroll as jawans to join the Army but maybe wrong on this.

Muslims are not preferred in the Army also

I have not seen any evidence of that. At the jawan level, I doubt it matters. At the officer class, there might be some preference to avoid Muslims at higher levels, but I have never heard about it.

It is rumored that RAW has a specific policy (never seen though) to not hire Muslims.

Yes, I have seen those posts.

That isn't what I meant.

islamophobic ?

Let me repeat an opt-made statement. In a computer institute I attended years ago here in India I had a batch mate named Jamal Abdul Nasser, named after the Egyptian leader. My batch mate's parents ( the father used to be a doctor in Britain ) were much inspired by this leader's exploits which during his time inspired Muslims all over the world. Do you see young Indian Muslim fathers naming their sons after such great historic figures ? Or sons even named after Tipu who was an enlightened person ? Will you deny there is a change towards the worse now ?

I have a client who named his new born son Narendra Modi 2 months ago, so what your flinging at the Muslims can be flug right back; to suggest someone's name would change towards the worst is the height of stupidity and absurd on all levels. As I said before your Sanghis are now throwing darts randomly and claiming a win on fudge up analysis.

Last edited:
Yup, forgot that aspect but the martial race theory have been abandoned officially in 1947, there's nothing officially that stops anyone to apply and write the exams and sit in interview for commissioned posts.
For the martial race theory's affect, the Mulle Jat, Pathans, Syeds, Rangars etc are still underrepresented and were officially the martial races, moreover the prevalence of martial races is in non-commissioned positions and non-martial but well off castes like Khatris, Parsis even Jews have served and are still serving one of the top posts through commissioned posts.

I don't think so, Muslims are likely to write exams than enroll as jawans to join the Army but maybe wrong on this.

Point is if you don't have a culture of military service in your family or ethnic race, it is very hard to be convinced of its value.

A kid named Tipu will get bullied in school

Really? The last Tipu I knew not only dominated his school, and college, and post-graduate programme, besides playing cricket for his college and universities (two of them, separately, one after the other), but went on to join the RN (not the RIN), transfer to the Fleet Air Arm, and inducted the Alize into Squadron 310, then commanded a destroyer squadron, a frigate squadron, then INS Vikrani, then the Eastern Fleet, and held the DNI position at a moment of great insecurity, sinking more tonnage than the rest of the Navy put together, and retired as FOC-in-C Eastern Command.

Maybe people who want to do well should be naming themselves Tipu.

I have a client who named his new born son Narendra Modi 2 months ago, so what your flinging at the Muslims can be flug right back; to suggest someone's name would change towards the worst is the height of stupidity and absurd on all levels. As I said before your Sanghis are now throwing darts randomly and claiming a win of fudge up analysis.
Named their son “Narender Modi” ? Did they get his obc certification done with that surname too?

Really? The last Tipu I knew not only dominated his school, and college, and post-graduate programme, besides playing cricket for his college and universities (two of them, separately, one after the other), but went on to join the RN (not the RIN), transfer to the Fleet Air Arm, and inducted the Alize into Squadron 310, then commanded a destroyer squadron, a frigate squadron, then INS Vikrani, then the Eastern Fleet, and held the DNI position at a moment of great insecurity, sinking more tonnage than the rest of the Navy put together, and retired as FOC-in-C Eastern Command.

Maybe people who want to do well should be naming themselves Tipu.
Yeah when it comes to bongs we might have to fear more about Hindu names than arabic/persian ones

Named their son “Narender Modi” ? Did they get his obc certification done with that surname too?

I don't know what OBC Certificate is, in American we don't file this sort of stuff and the father is a 2nd Generation Sanghi-American.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom