What's new

A Happy Ending - Migrating Sikhs find peace in Karachi

Good thread.

Seeing a Sikh in Karachi must be a bit of a novelty. They are not a threat to anyone's interest. I doubt if anyone would wish to harm them in Karachi. Apart from random violence, I see no problem for them there.

Of course they could move to Punjab, but if they are comfortable in Karachi then why bother?

Good thread.

I hope they are not harassed in karachi by MQM as most of them do business.
They mostly live in bara tehsil of khyber agency where army operation is going on.
Icewolf is karachite and he has given a typical response. Karachi is most closed-hearted city with most racist enviroment in pakistan..

Every businessman faces pressure from political parties for bhatta. There are no exceptions based on ethnicity or anything.

I'm afraid your second statement is out of touch with reality. Karachi, being a city of immigrants, is home to the most diverse ethnic backgrounds in Pakistan. There are Urdu-speakers, Sindhis, Punjabis, Baloch, Pakhtoon, Hazara, Gilgiti and Kashimiris.
Christians, Hindus and Muslims call the city their home.

The only people that are not welcome are the gun-wielding thugs and bandits who have terrorized the city-dwellers under the banner of political parties and religious groups.

Those who wish to make no-go areas in my city are never welcome. Everyone else will be welcomed with open arms and free to call this city their home as much as anyone else.

I hope they are not harassed in karachi by MQM as most of them do business.
They mostly live in bara tehsil of khyber agency where army operation is going on. In peshawer sikhs are known for their character and honesty. You can trust sikh shopkeeper more than muslim one if you dont want to be decieved.

Icewolf is karachite and he has given a typical response. Karachi is most closed-hearted city with most racist enviroment in pakistan..

But you do not see the exceptions do you... even I am an enemy despite representing your culture here and challenging the biases.

Good thread.

Seeing a Sikh in Karachi must be a bit of a novelty. They are not a threat to anyone's interest. I doubt if anyone would wish to harm them in Karachi. Apart from random violence, I see no problem for them there.

Of course they could move to Punjab, but if they are comfortable in Karachi then why bother?

Good thread.

I personally myself think Lahore is cleaner and safer with better roads and business security. But Karachi is a good place too if you can avoid the goons.

Sikhs are one of the most caring and peace loving people i have ever come across and i am not a sikh btw .
Hope things work fine for this gentlemen in Karachi !!

Back
Top Bottom