What's new

A Gay Bar To Open Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men."

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps – but still want to dance.

On one hand he is going against the Islamic law for homosexuality and on the other hand he has respect for Islamic law against Alcohol !!!!
Now that's bullshyt.

While making this sweet speech, all that he had in his heart was " You guys are building mosque here, now take it your way, Im gonna hit on your faith"

Hypocrisy at its height!!!!:angry:

Gay Muslims aren't the most visible group, but they also aren't insignificant: Of the one to three million Muslims living in the United States, an estimated 10 percent are gay. Some, like Husainy, have come to terms with their homosexuality. For others, confessing their sexual orientation remains a distant dream. They fear shaming their family and losing respect at their mosque.

To Be Gay and Muslim | | AlterNet

That means there 200,000 to 300,000 Gay Muslims in the USA alone.

Sorry Captain America...but you can't be Muslim and Gay.....it says it in the Quran....so these people that you have quoted are not Muslim's...that's not an opinion its fact.

"Gay Muslim" (Astaghfirullah) is so stupid. Muslim is not a race. Just call him a gay American. You cease being a Muslim when you commit sodomy.

From what I've read, this isn't going to be a Mosque at all! Its going to be a community center with 13 floors. Seriously, what "Mosque" has 13 floors anyway?

All the people opposing this project are labeling it as a mosque while the owner of this project claims that its going to be a community center. I wonder why nobody is listening to him?

As far as the gay bar is concerned, that's going to be the least of their problems. This community center (If built) is going to come under attack from all sorts of racist bigots. They'll probably burn it down to the ground.

Gay Muslims aren't the most visible group, but they also aren't insignificant: Of the one to three million Muslims living in the United States, an estimated 10 percent are gay. Some, like Husainy, have come to terms with their homosexuality. For others, confessing their sexual orientation remains a distant dream. They fear shaming their family and losing respect at their mosque.

To Be Gay and Muslim | | AlterNet

Who told you this **** that 10% muslim american are christian!!! This stat is nothing but a ****.... 1st in usa around 30% of muslims are under the age of 18. N those who are 1st generation muslim among them almost none are gay... may be there is some gay... who are muslim but the number is very very small and insignificant....not like 40 million americns who are gay or lesbians...

N the number of muslims in america is not 3 million.. this was nothing but a zionist propaganda.... to show number of muslim is very small... infact this year or by early next year muslim will out number jews in usa.

To what extant the number of muslims are minimaized can be seen from the number of iranian americans.. It is shown only 500 K iranian americans are there in usa but the real number in recent time found out to be 2.1 million among them 1.8 million are muslim and 1 million among them are practicing muslim. Iranian scients and enginners in usa control 880 billion usd worth property. 20% population of beverly hills of los angelas are iranians.

Same also goes for other muslims from bangladesh, pakistan and india. Most importantly there are 1.5 million converted muslims are there in america.

Get all these fact straight. Instead of posting all these bs.

So according to your comment.... no church should be built all across middle east...

No, Mosques can be built any where in USA, but in NYC its pretty sensitive dude. I live here. If some radical Hindus or Christian or whatever destroyed a great Mosque or something very important like the TT in Bangladesh do you want to see a gigantic temple right next where many died? If the Jews did this to some important place in Palestinian, you think Muslims world wide want see a gigantic synagogue next to it? :no:

:tdown:

I cant believe all the regular every day Muslims I see on the train, street, etc are not against this more..Only some of my Muslim friends are.

Muslims did not carry out this attack. The hijackers were in strip clubs drinking booze the night before, caught on cc tapes. They might have been Saudi Arabian, but definitely not Muslim, especially if suicide was involved. It was not a Muslim attack. If Islam or every Muslim attacked America... there would be no city left to build monuments in and we wouldn't attack like drunkard Japanese kamikaze pilots to begin with. Lament all you want, bullshit requires tough talk.

makes me sick..:hang2:

Ya sure lets make a 13 story mosque RIGHT next to ground zero.. If it was the other way around it would be totally foul play. Thats like if some Jews destroyed Mecca and built a gigantic synagogue right next to it. :hitwall:

Greg Gutfeld To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”

by Jon Bershad | 8:23 pm, August 9th, 2010

No, this is not a joke. In fact, it is instead one of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years. Greg Gutfeld from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.

Here’s Gutfeld’s entire post which he will expand upon during tonight’s Red Eye:

“So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.

I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps – but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.”

Hot Air contacted Andy Levy who reiterated that Gutfeld is serious. And, on his blog, Gutfeld points to the lack of humor in the post as further proof of his intentions (although, I think he’s under estimating himself. That last line about the music is hilarious).

I, personally, think it’s a brilliant idea. I absolutely abhor all of this anti-mosque nonsense currently going on in this country. It’s disgusting bigotry plain and simple. However, just because I support Muslim Americans in their fight against anti-Islam prejudice, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a few dings for their religion’s own prejudice against homosexuals. If you want to be treated fairly, you should treat others fairly as well. Still though, the only thing that would make this plan perfect would be if Gutfeld created a chain of gay bars and plopped them down next to churches and synagogues since it’s not like those religions have been super open-minded.

Insomniacs around the country already know that Red Eye is underrated genius. If Gutfeld goes through with his plan, hopefully it will be enough to finally thrust them into the satirical limelight with Stewart and Colbert like they deserve.

Greg Gutfeld | Gutfeld Gay Bar | Ground Zero Mosque | Mediaite

It's quite appropriate for the US culture to have gay bars next to mosques. I hear that there are gay bars inside some churches, perhaps that's why many young male children are afraid to go to churches.

"Gay Muslim" (Astaghfirullah) is so stupid. Muslim is not a race. Just call him a gay American. You cease being a Muslim when you commit sodomy.

Question.. Do you cease being a Muslim if you drink alcohol, smoke, have sex before marriage, etc, etc, etc? Because many Muslims I know personally do these things.. Isnt haaram? Its like I cant eat pork, but the others is aok..:disagree:

Question.. Do you cease being a Muslim if you drink alcohol, smoke, have sex before marriage, etc, etc, etc? Because many Muslims I know personally do these things.. Isnt haaram? Its like I cant eat pork, but the others is aok..:disagree:

Islam is not a race, it is a way of life. Yes they cease being Muslims when they abandon that way of life. Many Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc. are the same way. Though we are not allowed to judge who is pious and who is not. Most of us are sinners and imperfect, that is the nature of man. It is a personal faith and I speak for myself when I say I keep it to myself.

Tell me, are you still a true Christian if you have sex before marriage, smoke chars out of a chillum, etc. ?

Gay and Islam do not go together as Islam is extremely intolerant to homosexuality.

This extreme intolerance does not make the problem go away.

Back
Top Bottom