What's new

A Defense of Free Speech

For example, in the Western U.S., there is a rancher who owns thousands of acres. He had erected a simple cross (nothing outrageous) on a high point of his land. He was sued; some people found the sight of the cross "offensive."

Hmmm rancher in western US... I wonder if this example of persecution is in the US of A. You put words into your own mouth and tried to disown them later.

Let's get linguistic...

Pesrecution is the loss of life, property, the forced suppression of belief by a vastly superior power, governmental or otherwise; can culminate in imprisonment or death. Currently, NO ONE is being truly persecuted in the U.S.

Harassment, insulting behavior, lawsuits - yes, this happens, but no one dies from being sued or being called names.

YOU took my example of being sued for having a cross and declared that I had called it persecution. Not by a long shot. Remarkably, even being a "fundamental extremist", I still do recognize the difference between actual persecution and simple harassment.

One of my points was to show that insulting imagery is alive and well, and shows no religious borders. Further, I attempted to explain such behavior, which was dismissed by you as "pop psychology." If you'd rather not care to attempt to explain it beyond "it's the internet", fine. Say so, and we can move on.

For example, in the Western U.S., there is a rancher who owns thousands of acres. He had erected a simple cross (nothing outrageous) on a high point of his land. He was sued; some people found the sight of the cross "offensive."

Hmmm rancher in western US... I wonder if this example of persecution is in the US of A. You put words into your own mouth and tried to disown them later.

Let's get linguistic...

Pesrecution is the loss of life, property, the forced suppression of belief by a vastly superior power, governmental or otherwise; can culminate in imprisonment or death. Currently, NO ONE is being truly persecuted in the U.S.

Harassment, insulting behavior, lawsuits - yes, this happens, but no one dies from being sued or being called names.

YOU took my example of being sued for having a cross and declared that I had called it persecution. Not by a long shot. Remarkably, even being a "fundamental extremist", I still do recognize the difference between actual persecution and simple harassment.

One of my points was to show that insulting imagery is alive and well, and shows no religious borders. Further, I attempted to explain such behavior, which was dismissed by you as "pop psychology." If you'd rather not care to attempt to explain it beyond "it's the internet", fine. Say so, and we can move on.

I'll just say the example of insults you've cited are done out of shock value and comedy. Both of whose targets are not exclusively Christian or even religious.

If we can agree on that, then we can agree to disagree on other topics and move on.

The problem is that media cos it is so closely controlled by Zionists in the west in itself is a restriction on free speech. And Solomon one thing I hate is that you know damn well I am not anti Semitic but anyone raises their voice against Israel is immediately branded as anti Semitic and the chorus of western media drown that individuals voice

The problem is that media cos it is so closely controlled by Zionists in the west in itself is a restriction on free speech.
Anyone who reads America's leading newspaper, The New York Times, is quite aware of its anti-Zionist bent. And the NYT sets a standard widely followed by other print and media.

And Solomon one thing I hate is that you know damn well I am not anti Semitic but anyone raises their voice against Israel is immediately branded as anti Semitic-
Arguments "against Israel" have little to do with Israeli policy but almost always about Israel's mere existence; hence, as Martin Luther King put it, when people criticize Zionists they mean Jews. Can you really claim to not be anti-Semitic if you only want to exterminate half the world's Jewish population?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom