What's new

A Defense of Free Speech

Interesting... I didn't know Christians went through this too... and even in their own home land.

Well, I guess it must be ignored.

He is providing his perspective on the matter. Persecution is a major motif in Christianity and that Christian leaders still love and play to. They seize token cases where there but a semblance of persecution as an excuse to go on the offensive against any policies or organizations that they deem unchristian.

There you go again playing pop psychology for why people don't think the same way you do. and really religious media loves to play up token persecution cases like that rancher putting up a cross. Those cases are oddities and I bet there are details that you or the person writing the article is omitting knowingly.

Enlighten me, then, in my blind faith. Why do people immerse a crucifix in urine, and call it "art"? Why is Mary spattered with feces? Why are these pictures all over the internet?

images

raptorjesus-36752.jpg

zombiejesus.gif

032308-zombie-jesus11.jpg

Like I said, millions of them. What is the dynamic behind them? If my theory is "pop", perhaps you can enlighten us all on why such mockery of something that is cherished by millions is so common?

Enlighten me, then, in my blind faith. Why do people immerse a crucifix in urine, and call it "art"? Why is Mary spattered with feces? Why are these pictures all over the internet?

Like I said, millions of them. What is the dynamic behind them? If my theory is "pop", perhaps you can enlighten us all on why such mockery of something that is cherished by millions is so common?

Simple answer: "It's the internet silly"

If this offends you, I suggest you not look up two girls one cup. Humour takes all forms and one tried and true comedy technique is irreverence to authority and if that includes Christian authority then it should come as no surprise. As for the modern art part? Don't you understand they are deliberately seeking shock value? Have you seen the other crap they call art?

Really it's telling that this is your evidence for persecution and while Muslim persecution involves tales of being stabbed and beaten in acts of hate crime.

Do bring Roosevelt the Murderer of millions of Japanese by bombing the hell out Hiroshima/Nagasaki instantly killing millions of people (yet the western world chooses to believe jews got killed by rifles and [fiction gas chambers] died more then ATOMIC BOMBS)

Do you know, why the Japanese were Bombed ?

No it wasn't just Pearl Harbour

read: The Nanking Massacre

Really it's telling that this is your evidence for persecution and while Muslim persecution involves tales of being stabbed and beaten in acts of hate crime.

You have a truly sneaky way of placing words in someone's mouth.

Where did I ever say "Christians in the U.S. are persecuted?"

I DID say a rancher with a cross got harassed for no good reason. Otherwise, we were discussing free speech and the dynamics of religious imagery.

By the way, you never did answer the question beyond "It's the internet, silly." About as all-encompassing an answer as exists today, applicable to pretty much any pop-culture phenomenon.

I gave my best guess as to WHY it happens. You respond with pap.

Solomon are you on weed?
Kidding, a different kind of thread from you. Appreciate it--

CAN SOMEONE explain me one single damn thing??
What is the difference between a Muslim, Jew, Christian, Bhuddist, Hindu etc on a social scale? If I am walking down the road, I have never considered myself different. Why should I feel different? Just because I am of difference race? Different eye colour?? Different hair colour?
:confused:

Seriously, I have a severe disability in understanding the 'human' minds--

You can be different based on your capabilities and community service.

Perhaps, we should go back to the ground zero--Nurture--Yeah, nurture plays an important role.

Can anyone please share the feelings while encountering a man of different race--let's get nasty--encountering a man with accent--

I have never understood somethings of 'human culture'

By the way, you never did answer the question beyond "It's the internet, silly." About as all-encompassing an answer as exists today, applicable to pretty much any pop-culture phenomenon.

I gave my best guess as to WHY it happens. You respond with pap.

It is helps if you read past the first line of someone's response.

Humour takes all forms and one tried and true comedy technique is irreverence to authority and if that includes Christian authority then it should come as no surprise. As for the modern art part? Don't you understand they are deliberately seeking shock value?

The pictures you cited were examples of humour not hate. The thing about a cross in pee, Modern art and shock value. I really don't know why this doesn't answer the pictures you posted and the thing about pee.

You have a truly sneaky way of placing words in someone's mouth.

Where did I ever say "Christians in the U.S. are persecuted?"

I DID say a rancher with a cross got harassed for no good reason. Otherwise, we were discussing free speech and the dynamics of religious imagery.

No this is what you said.

For example, in the Western U.S., there is a rancher who owns thousands of acres. He had erected a simple cross (nothing outrageous) on a high point of his land. He was sued; some people found the sight of the cross "offensive."

Hmmm rancher in western US... I wonder if this example of persecution is in the US of A. You put words into your own mouth and tried to disown them later.

Thanks. I don't feel good about it because I think that since there is no actionable statement in the letter its promises are empty.

Sorry, I don't understand you.

You are a Pakistani. Your exposure to religion, other than different branches of Islam, is severely limited or non-existent (other than highly selective educational media coverage). Wouldn't you agree, then, that this opinion about religion can only apply to Islam, and that assuming that you have perfect knowledge of ALL other religions is demonstrably false and thus unjustly demeaning?

While I was reading your obvious understanding of my knowledge on different religions I couldn't help but laugh at why I was foolish enough to reply to you in the first place. For that I apologize to myself.

While I was reading your obvious understanding of my knowledge on different religions I couldn't help but laugh at why I was foolish enough to reply to you in the first place. For that I apologize to myself.
Why apologize? Foolish questions can lead to great wisdom.

I don't get why people do this... how did religious people ever mock them?

Lot of it is to shock other people, to get attention, young people do it a lot in other ways such as pierceings, tatoos, hair, clothing, some time its resentment.

One General Knowledge question.. how is holy Quran interpreted has??.. I mean.... it is a holy book written by god? or it is something equal to history book containing the details of civilization?? i mean like bible... with some message?..

If my analogy is correct it is their equivalent of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita.

The essence of Human kind told orally by the Lord Himself to his human manifestation.

Back
Top Bottom