What's new

A country such as India not being a permanent member of the [UN] Security

There are good reasons why the United States
ought to, upon reflection, affirm its support for
New Delhi’s membership in the Security Council.
By all contemporary assessments, India is likely to
assume a place among the five major economies
in the global system during the first half of this
century. While estimates differ on when India will
overtake giants such as Japan, Germany, the United
Kingdom, and France by exchange rate measures,
all studies agree that India’s economy will
India as a New Global Power: An Action Agenda for the United States
grow larger than that of each of these countries
at some point during the next twenty-five to
fifty years. Analyses by the Central Intelligence
Agency indicate that when countries are ranked
by composite measures of national power—that is,
weighted combinations of gross domestic product
(GDP), defense spending, population, and
technology growth—India is projected to possess
the fourth most capable concentration of power
by 2015—after the United States, the European
Union, and China—and to be the most important
“swing state” in the international system. If
global institutions of order are supposed to reflect
the material distribution of power—as they must
if they are to be relevant—then Washington will
be unable to indefinitely avoid entertaining India’s
claims to Security Council membership without
structurally undermining both the evolving hierarchy
of international governance and the transformation
of U.S.-Indian relations.
If expansion of the Security Council is bound
to occur (because the current structure has outlived
the postwar realities that gave birth to it),
then the United States will have to live with a
different, larger, and potentially more intractable
body in any case. Washington can respond to this
reality in one of two ways: Either it can gradually
move away from the UN system itself as an
instrument for advancing U.S. policy goals, or it
can refocus on leading the international system by
consensus, in effect making the effort required to
persuade the new Security Council to support its
interests. In either case, India’s permanent council
membership would pose few disadvantages for the
United States.

UN reform is bound to happen it is just a matter of time and when it does India will be even in a stronger position to stake a claim.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

India is projected to possess
the fourth most capable concentration of power
by 2015—
after the United States, the European
Union, and China—and to be the most important
“swing state” in the international system.

When did I ever compare our engineering skills with Germany? :lol:

You're throwing stones in a glass house, everyone knows that India is the country with more poverty/starvation than the entire continent of Africa.

Even Italy has a bigger economy than India. Out of the entire G4 (Japan/Germany/Brazil/India), India has by far the smallest economy, yet the Indians here are talking as if they are already a superpower. :disagree:

Yes we agree that poor people fact.. but also you should understand this despite all the causes, India currently adds 40 million people to its middle class every year. At the current rate of growth, a majority of Indians will be middle-class by 2025.

again comparing with African poverty.. on that you should visit Somalia, Angola etc then you could get the deference in poverty.
But I am not expecting from your India bashing mind set to look this.

But I am not expecting from your India bashing mind set to look this.

Tell me who started bashing who on this thread?

Look at the very second post on this thread. :rofl:

we deserve it more than the copy cat people :lol:

At least we don't produce copy cat products.. and you compare your engineering skills with Germany..LOL

According to the Economist, China is 40 years ahead of India in terms of development indicators. So when you bash us, you are just mocking yourselves, because no matter how bad we are, you are still forty years behind us.

@ CD... If economy is the main step for UNSC, then how China get it in that time??

I never said that Economy was the main criteria. :lol:

The UNSC was formed in 1945 out of the five major independent powers on the Allied side of WW2.

India back then was just an extension of the British Empire, nothing more.

Today however, what is the criteria? If there is no WW3, then obviously the criteria will be based on national power. Look at the list of Great powers again: The USA, Russia, China, Britain, France, Germany and Japan.

Germany is already included in the P5+1 anyway. If we add another one it will most likely be Brazil, and India's not getting in while they are claiming our land. All we have to do, as a member of the P5, is to "abstain"... and we can sink any reform resolution.

Tell me who started bashing who on this thread?

Look at the very second post on this thread. :rofl:

According to the Economist, China is 40 years ahead of India in terms of development indicators. So when you bash us, you are just mocking yourselves, because no matter how bad we are, you are still forty years behind us.

now that pakfa and J20 development are going hand in hand, u mean u are going to have 5th gen fighters 40 years after INDIA.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

typical high IQ logic.

now that pakfa and J20 development are going hand in hand, u mean u are going to have 5th gen fighters 40 years after INDIA.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

typical high IQ logic.

It's not me who said that, it was "The Economist". Go cry at them. :lol:

And the Pak-fa is based on RUSSIAN technology. :rofl:

Give me a call when India can independently produce it's own 5th generation jet, or ASAT, or ASBM... or even a simple 10,000km+ ICBM which China already had in the 1970's.

My Dear Chinese Dragon

The days of Dragon are getting over and Dragon will be painted the colour of Peacock.... you are forgetting that the Chinese always came to India for the source of Knowledge .

wait for another 10 yrs and you will say a different story......

We can see another war in the Horizon and let see how Chinese can avert it. you still lick American and scumb to their pressure.

and you can say whatever you want.

I never said that Economy was the main criteria. :lol:

You never said anything more than economy , GDP or PPP blah blah

Germany is already included in the P5+1 anyway. If we add another one it will most likely be Brazil, and India's not getting in while they are claiming our land. All we have to do, as a member of the P5, is to "abstain"... and we can sink any reform resolution.

What else the basis of your putting Brazil above India if its not again economy :lol:

Both germany and Brazil dont stand chance if it comes to power projection and regional influence.

You never said anything more than economy , GDP or PPP blah blah

yea exactly he never says anything :lol:
But keeps jumping form one boat to the other just to keep his troll As* floating'

What else the basis of your putting Brazil above India if its not again economy

Both Germany and Brazil dont stand chance if it comes to power projection and regional influence.
not only this but the UN dose not have a voice tht represents 1.2 billion people as a permanent member.
lol no wonder UN has become a joke.
anyways who gives a **** about UN anymore..

America still has free reign and so does any oter country trying to engage in a conflict.
UN cant do **** about it.

Initially I think only US and USSR deserved the UNSC seat, the other three countries just took the right sides in WII and became a part of it. The UNSC seats were really "Big winning parties of WWII".

It is meaningless to discuss whether one deserves it or not. The fact is that none of the 5 countries want to share power with others (US may want to include Israel and China to include Pakistan). If India is currently holding the perm seat, it won't want China to be part of either. It is simply realpolitik.

Having 5 counties dictating world affairs is nothing but imperialism.

At least we don't produce copy cat products.. and you compare your engineering skills with Germany..LOL

no offense to germans, but we have surpassed them in many areas such as supercomputing, naval engineering and photonics.

quality =/= high tech. something can be high tech in concept but poorly executed, and something can be low tech (a purse, a spoon) but high quality.

It's not me who said that, it was "The Economist". Go cry at them. :lol:

And the Pak-fa is based on RUSSIAN technology. :rofl:

Give me a call when India can independently produce it's own 5th generation jet, or ASAT, or ASBM... or even a simple 10,000km+ ICBM which China already had in the 1970's.

now this is called crappy rant............hhhhhmmmmmits not about 5gen fighters or nuke subs ,its all about the representation of 1.1billion strong,smart,economically sound people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if china does not want this to happen then i think "china is worried of india's rise" or "china is a not a very responsible superpower"..........

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom