What's new

A big step in India's Rafale jet deal with France

Why would Pakistan be worried? If India invades Pakistan, guess what, economic sanction just like with Ukraine. Indian economy would collapse and Indian troops would have to withdraw from Pakistan. :victory: Plus, JF-17 is just as advanced as Rafale, if not more. Don't forget, JF-17 is the world's first fighter jet that has DSI. :yu:

Wow... :omghaha:

Why would Pakistan be worried? If India invades Pakistan, guess what, economic sanction just like with Ukraine. Indian economy would collapse and Indian troops would have to withdraw from Pakistan. :victory: Plus, JF-17 is just as advanced as Rafale, if not more. Don't forget, JF-17 is the world's first fighter jet that has DSI. :yu:

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
F 22 (USA) doesn't use DSI manes Jf-17 is better than F 22 LOl

There's so much wrong in this post I'll tackle it point by point:

By 2017 ALL AFs in the world will be using 5th gen planes will they? Please point them out to me.... The US obviously (F-22 and F-35) and a few tier one JSF partner nations will be operating a limited amount of the F-35.

You know the idea of a "stop gap" is immediate delivery/results?! The LCA's first SQD will only be formed later this year, it will only be an operational SQD by late 2016 at the EARLIEST, the MK.2 LCA (what the IAF really wants) is still yet to take to the skies and won't beat the Rafale into IAF service. Ordering more LCAs is hardly the "sensible" thing to do considering the IAF has desperately sought the MiG-21s/27s replacement for over a decade now and have said they will all be gone by 2017-19. The Rafale will help address the SQD number issues sooner than the LCA will.

$30BN on the FGFA isn't investing heavily?

I'd say do some research first, before you join the hordes of those ignorant to defence matters who float ideas like "replace the MMRCA with the LCA".

Amusing post my friend.so u are saying india will get all rafales by 2017.lol.
I think our govt subscribed to ur logic when ordering scorpene subs.

Amusing post my friend.so u are saying india will get all rafales by 2017.lol.
I think our govt subscribed to ur logic when ordering scorpene subs.
No of course not, but at least 1 SQD of Rafales by the end of 2017 and from then on HAL will be churning out around 1 SQD a year as they will be working with Dassualt and Dassualt have already said they are effectively bringing the Rafale's production shops in France to India (in the sense of productive capacity and levels of automation) so the Rafale production lines in India will be the most advanced a/c production lines in India- is not all of S.Asia.

Wrt the Scorpene deal firstly- separate companies involved, both the OEM and Indian side, lessons have been learnt, the French and Indians sides in no way want history repeating itself and there are safeguards in place to ensure this doesn't repeat. All in all the Rafales will help stem the falling SQD strength more effectively than the LCA will- fact.

ob_1e1a56_tumblr-ma2chyxxjr1qbyfb7o2-1280.jpg

I doubt Indian leadership is stupid enough to invade Pakistan.

LoL at DSI :omghaha:
And lol at JF-17 being as advanced as Rafale :laughcry:

No of course not, but at least 1 SQD of Rafales by the end of 2017 and from then on HAL will be churning out around 1 SQD a year as they will be working with Dassualt and Dassualt have already said they are effectively bringing the Rafale's production shops in France to India (in the sense of productive capacity and levels of automation) so the Rafale production lines in India will be the most advanced a/c production lines in India- is not all of S.Asia.

Wrt the Scorpene deal firstly- separate companies involved, both the OEM and Indian side, lessons have been learnt, the French and Indians sides in no way want history repeating itself and there are safeguards in place to ensure this doesn't repeat. All in all the Rafales will help stem the falling SQD strength more effectively than the LCA will- fact.

I dont subscribe to your views i am sorry to say.i find it encouraging that th3 navy has been supporting local industry and now is reaping the fruits .We dont mind buying specific weapon systems from west or russia to fit in large weapon platform but having spent such long time and money on lca ,and not purchasing it in huge numbers is foolish.we can buy good aesa radar,missiles and bring it near rafale's capability.That way we will slowly have a platform which will mature through regular usage,and incorporate improvements in later variants.It almost seeems like the indian football teams who inorder to win matches are now play foreigners only and have become indian only in name.If we had only gone for foreign maal ,then their wud have been no mangalyaan today.

Back
Top Bottom