What's new

A-5 FANTANS AT NIGHT

Latest Q-5 with Laser designator for precision ground attack role.

Laser designator pod under the Q-5

Q-5 with both things

Good post.......so wt should be the future of A-5 in PAF. I guess it shld be offered to Pakistan Navey

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Guns: 2× Norinco Type 23-2K 23 mm (0.906 in) cannon, 100 rounds per gun

57d90a45d6688efa3090d3c739c9797f.jpg

so wt should be the future of A-5 in PAF. I guess it shld be offered to Pakistan Navey after replacing with JF-17 from Peshawar Air base

I don't want the Q-5 to be replaced! Its so Rugged just like the A-10! We need a dedicate CAS aircraft! and the Q-5 is just THAT!

Good post.......so wt should be the future of A-5 in PAF. I guess it shld be offered to Pakistan Navey

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Guns: 2× Norinco Type 23-2K 23 mm (0.906 in) cannon, 100 rounds per gun

57d90a45d6688efa3090d3c739c9797f.jpg

i don't think it's a good idea,bcz Q5/A5 is too old

For PN we need something which can defend itself effectively, has the capacity to remain in air for longer period of time, can carry at least 2 - 3 AshM + 2 - 3 AAM missiles for its defense. Should be able to communicate with AEW&C, meaning data link capability. 2 man crew preferred.

Q-5, am afraid can't do that job nor can be upgraded to that standard.

For PN we need something which can defend itself effectively, has the capacity to remain in air for longer period of time, can carry at least 2 - 3 AshM + 2 - 3 AAM missiles for its defense. Should be able to communicate with AEW&C, meaning data link capability. 2 man crew preferred.

Q-5, am afraid can't do that job nor can be upgraded to that standard.

Upgraded Q-5 can perform these actions

A-5s have already overshot their life expectancy in PAF. They provided us more what we bargained for. Most of the fleet has either surpassed or near its useful airframe and structure life. Spending any more money on them for any upgrade will be a futile effort.

They came, did their job, now it’s time for them to hit bone yard.

Dude i think CH-3 is less than 500 km...i read it somewhere...2400 km is the range of another Unmanned Ariel Vehicle which China is developing...it would be comparable to Global Hawk

A-5 have done their job. Its time to move forward and utilize better option available. JF-17' are better and should serve the purpose well.

Also Maintenance cost incurred by PAF shall be reduced since JF-17's are new and won't need much maintenance compared to A-5.

It shall also be easy to maintain one aircraft type's inventory rather than maintaining inventory for both A-5 and JF-17.

I hope you get the point Mr. M Zubair.

lattest Q 5 are great i dont think PAF is good on their thinking they always relied on one fighter jet to do air to air air to ground and air superiority roles which is little too much to ask

the A-5s capability is limited in comparison to the JF-17. the A-5s are going to be moth-balled by 1st half 2010.

like x_man said, they have served us well - time to move on.

the A-5s capability is limited in comparison to the JF-17. the A-5s are going to be moth-balled by 1st half 2010.

like x_man said, they have served us well - time to move on.

Peshawar is going to have a lot of lotas made by A-5 scrap just like F-86s PAF sold them by weight people made lotas and cooking pans out of it.
First we used them to save our As- and used them to wash our As-.Ironic.

Peshawar is going to have a lot of lotas made by A-5 scrap just like F-86s PAF sold them by weight people made lotas and cooking pans out of it.
First we used them to save our As- and used them to wash our As-.Ironic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
please give them some honor they deserve more than lotas in their afterlife cooking pan would be a good idea

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom