What's new

A-5 FANTANS AT NIGHT

Peshawar is going to have a lot of lotas made by A-5 scrap just like F-86s PAF sold them by weight people made lotas and cooking pans out of it.
First we used them to save our As- and used them to wash our As-.Ironic.

as i am in peshawar, i wouldnt mind to buy one such lota, obviously not for that kind of use:lol::lol: but just to keep as deco peice in my house.:D
sir murad u told me in a post a couple of months back that jf-17 were in peshawar back then. so i almost broke my neck by looking 4 them in skies every single day,, but couldnt locate a single one so far:disagree: the A-5 are flying to date, as a metter of fact they are flying right now over my house as i type.sir i completely beleive in what you said earlier, but my question(out of sheer qurosity) is,, y arent the thunders flying?? please shed some light.
regards.

as i am in peshawar, i wouldnt mind to buy one such lota, obviously not for that kind of use:lol::lol: but just to keep as deco peice in my house.:D
sir murad u told me in a post a couple of months back that jf-17 were in peshawar back then. so i almost broke my neck by looking 4 them in skies every single day,, but couldnt locate a single one so far:disagree: the A-5 are flying to date, as a metter of fact they are flying right now over my house as i type.sir i completely beleive in what you said earlier, but my question(out of sheer qurosity) is,, y arent the thunders flying?? please shed some light.
regards.

Becoz they aren't here, few were brought here but it was for some ceremony purposes. Went to the airbase found none. But they do have equipment for training purposes, to train the maintenance crew.

I guess they will all come in one big show on the day of induction just like when F-16s came to Sarghoda.

Peshawar is going to have a lot of lotas made by A-5 scrap just like F-86s PAF sold them by weight people made lotas and cooking pans out of it.

Ironic to the extreme.... Why don't we use these birds for reverse engineering? give them to engineering university students, they do FYP's on it and make reports of how things work.... Wont it be a good idea?

Yes its a good idea.

102, 104 and 106 came to Peshawar for 1 week only, Establishing a new SQD is quite difficult and it takes time. The biggest hurdle is setting the workshop, Hangers, its a separate operation running side by side with another and its not easy that is why they posted there best man as OC flying so he can make this happen.

Ironic to the extreme.... Why don't we use these birds for reverse engineering? give them to engineering university students, they do FYP's on it and make reports of how things work.... Wont it be a good idea?

Good idea. But no one think abt it.
Besides that we can sell them to Srilanka, Bangladesh or Sudan.

We had intrested coustomers in 2002 for F-6, but we didnt sold them. I think we shld not repeat to miss oppertunities.

I guess PAF can sell these 42 A-5 Aircrafts in 150 to 200 Million $.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

regards.

I hope u will see JF-17 in Peshawar this year.

Whatever I wounder only Mach 2 strike plane in PAF will be replaced by s 1.8 Mach multirole fighter.

LoL.

Will we sell the Fantans to Bangladesh? We did send them a few J-7Ps which were retired about 1-2 years back.

I'll be sad to see the A-5s get phased out. They are truly AWESOME aircrafts. But as is the case with some of the Mirage-IIIs, the airframes are old and worn out. Only so much you can do.

wel they although they are quite old platforms but cant we use them in some jet trainer kind of role!
i mean if we can upgrade them slightly wiht some avionics (if required) and use them for training purpose, they are twin seat, heavy air crafts and would be fine in this role.
however cause of my lack of knowledge, the maintainacne costs may be an issue!
do anyone care to explain this possibility!! Sir Muradk???
moreover the idea presented by Mr. umairp i also a real nice one!!

regards!

I like this idea!

Pakistan should invest more on research!

Insha Allah, we will be making 100% indigenous aircrafts and jets! :pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom