What's new

A-10 Thunderbolt II for Pakistan

I think we should eliminate thoughts of buying anything from the US. The do not deliver and if they did they let us down. It is a matter of time that China will start producing a good CAS aircraft (follow up for J5).

A-10 is one of the best anti tank killer, and has the most accurate and precise ground target machine. See some of the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
But still Russian!
I still remeber the words of an IAF official posted on these forums when PAF was evaluating SU-27
"Let them Buy it and have it, we will service them in russia":coffee:

su-25 is a much simpler a/c to maintain IMHO!

su-25 is a much simpler a/c to maintain IMHO!

sir i dont think that the need of helicopter can be ever fulfilled by a plane, you definetly know the reason better than me!
so if we have to induct them for CAS planes, wont the JF be a better option. we must look at it in this way that instead of spending money on them why not spend it on JF or other projects!

what do you say of this sir?

regards!

sir i dont think that the need of helicopter can be ever fulfilled by a plane, you definetly know the reason better than me!
so if we have to induct them for CAS planes, wont the JF be a better option. we must look at it in this way that instead of spending money on them why not spend it on JF or other projects!

what do you say of this sir?

regards!

i dont disagree but the loiter time over targets of such CAS a/c like su-25 and A-10 at low speeds and altitude is comparable to the attack helos. it is at the end of the day, a matter of preference (doctrine etc)

i dont disagree but the loiter time over targets of such CAS a/c like su-25 and A-10 at low speeds and altitude is comparable to the attack helos. it is at the end of the day, a matter of preference (doctrine etc)

Agreed but we must also keeo in mind that these ACs need AirBase (Peshawar) while Gunship dont need it and striking ability of gunship is better as it can really play havoc with tanks and anti terrorism tactics for CAS i think Thunder is better to take care of threats like SAMs and other stuff :undecided:

Agreed but we must also keeo in mind that these ACs need AirBase (Peshawar) while Gunship dont need it and striking ability of gunship is better as it can really play havoc with tanks and anti terrorism tactics for CAS i think Thunder is better to take care of threats like SAMs and other stuff :undecided:

i am sure you mean runway ! anyway gunships also need heli-pads !
the A-10 is the most formidable tank-buster available!

i am sure you mean runway ! anyway gunships also need heli-pads !
the A-10 is the most formidable tank-buster available!

but taking this point then A-5 had the best hit rate in recent excercises as told by a pilot earlier so A-5 are just fine we dont wana nuke terrorists do we?
we should dedicate A-5s for WoT purposes and Gunships are more flexible than ACs i m not denying the A-10 but we should be realistic that no way A-10s gonna come to pakistan i still hold my view with JH-7A which is embargo threat free and can be used in precision strike and on sea and at ground as well so my pic is FBC rather than A-10

I have been following this post, my thoughts are:

PAF is and will remain starpped for cash in the near future, getting a dedicated COIN a/c will remain out question. The thrust of PAF should beto gear itself up for air superioraty and Ground attack role through multirola a/c.

The role of COIN should be dtaken over by rotary and ligh fixed wing a/c such as T-37 (Dragon Fly -- in Vietnam???) anf as Murad Sahib mentione the T-6 Texan. We can also look at the K8 in light ground attack role with enhanced all wather targeting PODS etc. The loiter time of these a/c is elatively muchhigher than those of fighte jets.

PAF should conserve a/c flying hours of the front line figter jets for the real missions that they were bought for.

THX

BTW as far as I know, PAF was taken by surprise when the American offered the F-16! THey had gone to US for a revival of F-20 and A-7 programs of the early 70's! This I remembered from my reading of Flight Iternational in the early 80's!

Regards,

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom