What's new

80% students in Indian schools are humiliated

If you are such a backwards degenerate child or person that you only learn through getting a beating what does that say about you? It says your a backwards person yourself, no wonder you lack respect for yourself and would allow a teacher to cane you and assault you in the name of learning.

Perhaps, you do deserve to get beaten after all.

True that some teachers abuse their power, the best thing I can say is the kids should report the tracher and if the teacher has done it more than once then he should be kicked out.

Not only teachers but some parents also do the same. If I had my way I would ban corporal punishment altogether in India.

More students need to stand up against violence from their teachers! We all condemn domestic violence, but give a free hand to "holy" teachers who are mere sinful humans to beat students and resort to teaching through the stick!

I commend the boy in Chennai for retaliating against his wicked teacher, serves the teacher right. There is a reason why the West has outlawed such backward practices. As I said before if teachers were to beat their students, school shootings would sharply rise.

True..there is a double standard there. Slapping your wife..bad; but slapping your kid...good.

What that Chennai boy did was bad..for whatever reasons it may be?

But in this case did the teacher ever physically abuse the boy? Article doesn't state that. It's alright if a teacher shares students grade with parents.

Even that is worse than beating. I remember when I was in 7th, our class teacher send a note to a parent as their kid was suffering from low grades. The father arrived and after teacher explained the problem, the next thing we saw was the father beating the boy black and blue in front of the class. Even the teacher was shocked. I will never forget that day.

May be the Chennai kid had a similar father/mother.

Sorry I didn't get you

From 6th to 9th I studied in Sainik School amazing place but damn strict schools as the principal,higher authorities are all from the armed forces.

10th onwards normal private school all spoilt brats no discipline in class,disrespecting teachers it was a different world.

I have read that book "Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mother" its okay to be pushy and strict with your kids but doesnt mean you write a f***ing book for the whole world to read that your daughter performed at Carnegie Hall so you threw a party that cost your family their summer vacation damn asian women(Indian,Chinese etc.)are all a crazy bunch.I remember all those female gatherings there are only two topics discussed amongst women:

1)How the latest/whatever the hell it is weight loss trick is working or is total ****.
2)How the kid is doing in school/college/job and then bitching about the woman in the group whose kid is doing bad.

Contrary to the popular belief TV soap operas are not discussed its the kids and the size of their a**es and what they are doing with them that occupies the discussion.

Those are Chinese-AMERICAN not Chinese parents. Amy Chau never stepped foot in China. Her parents never stepped foot in China. Chinese culture and Chinese-American culture have alot of differences. The reason is, Chinese-Americans came from parents who lived in a China that was worse than Africa, so they pushed their children to succeed no matter the cost. Chinese parents in China are softer and more lenient because there's no such "minority pressure".

Once again I see this dichotomy between adults being abusive and the Western model of kids being spoiled and having no discipline.

Why do so few people take the proper middle path of a healthy amount of discipline?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I have read that book "Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mother" its okay to be pushy and strict with your kids but doesnt mean you write a f***ing book for the whole world to read that your daughter performed at Carnegie Hall so you threw a party that cost your family their summer vacation damn asian women(Indian,Chinese etc.)are all a crazy bunch.I remember all those female gatherings there are only two topics discussed amongst women:

1)How the latest/whatever the hell it is weight loss trick is working or is total ****.
2)How the kid is doing in school/college/job and then bitching about the woman in the group whose kid is doing bad.

Contrary to the popular belief TV soap operas are not discussed its the kids and the size of their a**es and what they are doing with them that occupies the discussion.

Those are Asian Americans (especially Chinese-Americans). From my little experience, women in Asia aren't messed up like that.

Once again I see this dichotomy between adults being abusive and the Western model of kids being spoiled and having no discipline.

Why do so few people take the proper middle path of a healthy amount of discipline?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Those are Asian Americans (especially Chinese-Americans). From my little experience, women in Asia aren't messed up like that.

thats right, just because kids aren't getting the crap beaten out of them doesn't mean they run wild. can't people be normal?

30 years ago, teachers caning children was common in China (35 years ago, it was the children caning the teachers thanks to the CR). now its unthinkable.

But lets talk in the Indian context this generation of kids is lucky very lucky.In CBSE no heavy homeworks,terminal exams just regular tests with grades awarded(no marks system) optional boards in 10th and from 2013 no JEE,AIEEE common entrances atleast for Engg, Institutes run by the Govt.

I can so well see the end product lazy city kids whose world starts and ends at the playstation,the most exercise they get is by walking in the mall on sundays.

Those are Chinese-AMERICAN not Chinese parents. Amy Chau never stepped foot in China. Her parents never stepped foot in China. Chinese culture and Chinese-American culture have alot of differences. The reason is, Chinese-Americans came from parents who lived in a China that was worse than Africa, so they pushed their children to succeed no matter the cost. Chinese parents in China are softer and more lenient because there's no such "minority pressure".

I like your point but she has mentioned in the book again and again abt her Chinese culture which she is proud of.In the end its okay to push your kids a little let the teachers do the main part,its bad to go ballistic and then be proud abt it as if its an Apollo 11 landing and then write a book about it.

I like your point but she has mentioned in the book again and again abt her Chinese culture which she is proud of.In the end its okay to push your kids a little let the teachers do the main part,its bad to go ballistic and then be proud abt it as if its an Apollo 11 landing and then write a book about it.

She has been away from China longer than most Americans have been away from Europe, would you consider Americans to have European culture?

I really think that kids should have chances to rest and relax. That is the trend in Asian countries and I think its good. We push our kids way too hard for no reason. I went to a public school in China, and I had alot of fun even while learning alot of knowledge. The most enjoyable parts were just being with friends at school and playing basketball, ping pong, or Counterstrike together.

What you really learn in high school is not the knowledge itself but how to study, how to have good habits and how to get along with others. These are far more important than knowing trigonometry, which of course is also important.

Back
Top Bottom