What's new

75 injured as Hindus, Muslims clash in south India

The color of the flag in some muslim communities reminds one of pakistani flag, people do have a valid reason I guess.

This is the stupid and dumbest excuse Hindu fundamantalist parties like RSS, VHP, Shiv Sena have been using for creating fuss against Indian Muslims.

Sometimes back they did the same with Muslims when someone put a green flag on a shrine.

This is so sad they are blind in hate this much because green flag is used by most of the religious Muslim orgs how come it becomes a Pakistani flag in the eyes of Saffron brigade???

Last edited:
Curfew in India’s Hyderabad after Hindu-Muslim riots

Protestors call on water theft in Hyderabad Protestors call on water theft in Hyderabad HYDERABAD: Indian police on Tuesday imposed a curfew in parts of the southern city of Hyderabad, home to global IT giants Google and Microsoft, after three days of inter-religious clashes.

At least one man died in street battles between Hindu and Muslim mobs during violence triggered by arguments over putting up decorations for a religious festival, Hyderabad Police Superintendent A.K. Khan told AFP.

He said the victim, a Hindu youth, was stabbed to death on Monday and scores of people had been injured.

“We have imposed a curfew on parts of the city because we did not want the situation to escalate,” Khan said, adding that the curfew would cover about a third of the city.

Violence spread over the weekend through the Muslim-dominated “old city” of Hyderabad with crowds pelting stones at each other near the tourist landmark of the Charminar mosque.

Five smaller mosques and one Hindu temple were slightly damaged, police said, as shops, buses and cars were set on fire.

Hyderabad city has attracted major investment from global information technology and pharmaceuticals firms, and is a symbol of India's emerging economy.

But it has also suffered from historically deep communal tension and growing unrest over the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh state into two entities, which has also lead police to impose curfews.

Frequent strikes and road and rail blockades have caused widespread disruption to business in the last year.

Analysts say the turmoil has created a sense of uncertainty among investors, though social networking group Facebook chose the city earlier this month for its first office in India.

Hyderabad police were on alert Tuesday as Hindus marked a festival celebrating the birth of the Hindu monkey god Hanuman.

DAWN.COM | World | Curfew in India?s Hyderabad after Hindu-Muslim riots

When economic benefits are not even in society such communal violence becomes a normality with time hopefully India could realize that even with 200 billion dollar weaponry , its biggest danger lies in its own population's wellness and economic well being as much as its relations with its neighbours

Truer words were never spoken.

In fact I'd say our well being lies primarily in our population, and not so much on our neighbours.

Asshole stop crying bloody basted.

Bloody beggars go and tell this to your army,your economy fucked up,your country is 9th failed state........we don't need yous advice.

WTF is wrong with you? He's made a great point; what does his nationality or who he is have anything to do with it?

Asshole stop crying bloody basted.

Bloody beggars go and tell this to your army,your economy fucked up,your country is 9th failed state........we don't need yous advice.

we will do that but for the time being this thread is about India so develop some courage for accomodating critical comments if you cant and resort to your dirty language then Indeed You are not fit for this public forum for any sane debate.

This is the stupid and dumbest excuse Hindu fundamantalist parties like RSS, VHP, Shiv Sena have been using for creating fuss against Indian Muslims.

Sometimes back they did the same with Muslims when someone put a green flag on a shrine.

This is so sad they are bling in hate this much because green flag is used by most of the religious Muslim orgs how come it becomes a Pakistani flag in the eyes of Saffron brigade???

Was the same excuse used for riots in Urmaqui, China ?

Hyderabad police were on alert Tuesday as Hindus marked a festival celebrating the birth of the Hindu monkey god Hanuman.

DAWN.COM | World | Curfew in India?s Hyderabad after Hindu-Muslim riots

wow, what a news outlet. Didn't surprise me one bit for reason of current situation in Pakistan.

Jana, while searching for Urmaqui riots in China, i was not able to find a single post from you criticizing CCP or Han Chinese and here you conveniently do cherry picking. Didn't you realized your hypocrisy till now ????

This whole episode smells of political involvement. Whoever instigated these riots should be hanged without any trial. Sickos

Even after 902 post you didn't understand that everything related to indian goes to INDIAN DEFENCE SECTION..........
Its a common misconception. Such high profile news should be posted in the World Affairs section, all other news about India not related to defence should not be posted on this forum... In 90% of the cases at least. India defence is only for Indian defence issues.

Was the same excuse used for riots in Urmaqui, China ?

You have to open a thread for discussing that. The issue in that part of China is old enough and besides there is state power used to silence.

You can not justify the bad actions by saffron brigade by comparing it with China.

wow, what a news outlet. Didn't surprise me one bit for reason of current situation in Pakistan.

Jana, while searching for Urmaqui riots in China, i was not able to find a single post from you criticizing CCP or Han Chinese and here you conveniently do cherry picking. Didn't you realized your hypocrisy till now ????

Hello Cisco. Jana's hypocrisy and bigotry is well known to be centred towards India but does lean towards the US when relationships between Pakistan and the US flounders. To love one's country , one must be able to see the flaws in its policies and be able to criticise those flaws. Doing so does not make you unpatriotic but even more patriotic. Jana and certain other Pakistanis beleive that by blindly defending everything Pakistani , even its policies and its friendship with nations that are either a threat to Pakistan or Muslim communities, is being a patriotic Pakistani :D

:what: Its reported by AFP not primarily by Dawn.

Its sad that Indian media is hiding the details of this incident despite the tension is there for the last 3 days. This kind of nationalism is only going to block understanding the issues and finding the clarity.

Jana, while searching for Urmaqui riots in China, i was not able to find a single post from you criticizing CCP or Han Chinese and here you conveniently do cherry picking. Didn't you realized your hypocrisy till now ????[/QUOTE]

where? i havent notice that thread.

You have to open a thread for discussing that. The issue in that part of China is old enough and besides there is state power used to silence.

You can not justify the bad actions by saffron brigade by comparing it with China.

How did you reached to conclusion so quickly that Hindu's were at fault and Muslims are not or both are not equally responsible ?

Hyd is predominantly muslim area, Hindu's are minority. As far as news goes, it was politically motivated riot in wake of failed division of state.

Where were you when thread for Xinjing, China riots was open. I went through every single post and it was YOU dismissing it as propaganda. No posts after that

Is it because India is soft target and China is soft underbelly ?

I hope its not a repeat of Gujarat Riots.

Pakistan should step forward and do the humane thing and offer asylum to these people who get slaughtered in India from time to time under the tyranny of a lunatic majority.

Hello Cisco. Jana's hypocrisy and bigotry is well known to be centred towards India but does lean towards the US when relationships between Pakistan and the US flounders. To love one's country , one must be able to see the flaws in its policies and be able to criticise those flaws. Doing so does not make you unpatriotic but even more patriotic. Jana and certain other Pakistanis beleive that by blindly defending everything Pakistani , even its policies and its friendship with nations that are either a threat to Pakistan or Muslim communities, is being a patriotic Pakistani :D

This thread is about Indian Hindu-Muslim riots not about me ;)

so be a civilized person and dont resort to personal attack.

Its my right to air my views about issues and whoever i want to defend or criticise just like all of you are entitled to do so.

The only who is following nationalism blindly is your Indian media which is hiding the details.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom